Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jackie MacMullan; Rondo Wants Out, Trade Will Happen

Jackie MacMullan said in a video posted Wednesday by ESPN's Around the Horn that Boston Celtics captain Rajon Rondo "wants out" and that a trade "will happen."

But whether or not Jackie's words are true doesn't matter here. The fact is there just aren't many teams that would be interested in Rondo right now, and of those teams, very few have what it takes to get a deal done.

Even she says, "I don't see how you get 80 cents on the dollar for him. Tell me where."

And I can't tell you where.
    CelticsBlog

One can only hope, Jackie is usually pretty reliable and doesn't put words in players mouth from what I've read. We've all heard the Rondo rumors for the past 3+ years and we should of cashed in when we had a chance to get value out of him. He is in the way of Smart's development now and needs to go IMO. I don't want him around the younger guys with his attitude, a guy who can only get up for the playoffs/national televised games isn't a guy you give a boat load of money too, or want running your franchise. Not to mention a guy who would let the business side of the game affect how he plays, another reason he isn't the guy you want to build around. I'm sick of hearing his name (weird username eh) and hope Jackie is right and a trade happens soon. A guy who shows up to big games late and thinks traffic is a reasonable excuse.

vCash
    Praying for some team to give up firsts for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Praying for some team to give up firsts for him.
    Unless the C's take something bad back, I don't see 1st's for Rondo happening...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    With what Danny has got in other trades it should be easy to get a first for Rondo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    With what Danny has got in other trades it should be easy to get a first for Rondo
    I think if it was that easy, he would of been gone by now. Were going to have to pony up a pick to get upgrade 1st or a player IMO. Otherwise were not looking at much of a return, Rondo has a year left on his deal and everybody knows he is going to test the waters of free agency and not sign an extension. Our best bet, as much as I dislike the idea of going into the season with him on the roster, might be to keep him until the deadline and hope some team has an injury at PG.

vCash
    Rondo's mouth is going to cost him millions. Wyc loves the guy, he probably could have snagged an $12M * 5 year deal no problem here. After another year of wear and tear and drama he'll never see that sort of deal again.

We might get a 1st, but we'll have to bite down on a schmuck player/contract - say a $10M one year bum and a 2nd year decent bench guy (could we be pigs and hope for a Center with a pulse?).

I wrote in the general PSD Forum in early 2010-2011 that he was 30% of the way to the HOF, well a lot of twists and turns later and it's about 35% of the way now. What a horrid turn his career has taken - all the worse because he was the author of so much of it.

I come to bury Rondo, not praise him.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I like the possibilities of Julius Randle and Nik Stauskis, 2 players I was very high on in the draft, plus additional draft picks. I think the Lakers would happen over the Kings though since Kobe has wanted to play alongside Rondo for some time now.
    Big Play Slay.

AAL - Darius Slay -
    Tackles: 32, INT's: 1, Sacks: 0, Pass Deflections/Break-ups: 8, Forced Fumbles: 0, Fumble Recoveries: 0, DEF/ST TD's: 0, Blocked FG's: 0, Blocked Punts: 0

vCash
    I would honestly take Nash's expiring, Randle and Ed Davis for Rondo.

Regardless of what other people think, I think Randle has a sort of edge/motor that Sully and Olynyk dont have. I think he's a long term starter. I know PF isn't a position of need, but if we could use Sully to sweeten the pot on a Green deal, why not?

OKC is an interesting partner. They have Perk's expiring, but I'd want Adams in a Rondo deal. That would be a steal.
    Last edited by Corey; 08-31-2014 at 06:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    I like the possibilities of Julius Randle and Nik Stauskis, 2 players I was very high on in the draft, plus additional draft picks. I think the Lakers would happen over the Kings though since Kobe has wanted to play alongside Rondo for some time now.
    Excuse me? Randle, Stauskis PLUS draft picks plural? Is this 2009 or 2010? Rondo isn't worth 1/2 of that.

Kobe is a ball dominant #2, Rondo a ball dominant #1. What a horrible mix, and why would the Lakers give up a young player for an aging player that won't sign an extension.

Pure fantasy.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Excuse me? Randle, Stauskis PLUS draft picks plural? Is this 2009 or 2010? Rondo isn't worth 1/2 of that.

Kobe is a ball dominant #2, Rondo a ball dominant #1. What a horrible mix, and why would the Lakers give up a young player for an aging player that won't sign an extension.

Pure fantasy.
    I think it is you who are confusing the Lakers' decision making of today with that of the Lakers in 2009 and 2010. What have they done since? That being said, what would you suggest we get in return for Rondo? Just because you are not high on him doesn't mean that the NBA shares your views. Everything that I have been reading suggests that Randle/Stauskis for Rondo is not so far fetched. So tell me, what is not pure fantasy when it comes to a decent return for Rondo?
    Big Play Slay.

AAL - Darius Slay -
    Tackles: 32, INT's: 1, Sacks: 0, Pass Deflections/Break-ups: 8, Forced Fumbles: 0, Fumble Recoveries: 0, DEF/ST TD's: 0, Blocked FG's: 0, Blocked Punts: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I would honestly take Nash's expiring, Randle and Ed Davis for Rondo.

Regardless of what other people think, I think Randle has a sort of edge/motor that Sully and Olynyk dont have. I think he's a long term starter. I know PF isn't a position of need, but if we could use Sully to sweeten the pot on a Green deal, why not?

OKC is an interesting partner. They have Perk's expiring, but I'd want Adams in a Rondo deal. That would be a steal.
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=319697

I would part with Rondo for a 2014 1st in Randle also...

It's not a future 1st, but it is a sort of like a future 1st...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    I think it is you who are confusing the Lakers' decision making of today with that of the Lakers in 2009 and 2010. What have they done since? That being said, what would you suggest we get in return for Rondo? Just because you are not high on him doesn't mean that the NBA shares your views. Everything that I have been reading suggests that Randle/Stauskis for Rondo is not so far fetched. So tell me, what is not pure fantasy when it comes to a decent return for Rondo?
    Please. I'm not high or low on Rondo - I'm brutally fair. I have to be seeing as how over the past 5 years Rondo has been gradually handed the "C" by the franchise and the fans. But the fact is he deserves it neither by temperment or talent. He's no match for the great C's of the past I grew up on - Russell, Havlicek, Cowens, Bird, etc.

I was a D1 player, and coached for 14 years, I know what I'm looking at - and Rondo is a sinking ship. Can't/won't play D like in the past, can't shoot FT's, useless at 3's, erratic at FG's. Good driver but he doesn't do it much because he gets killed. Real good rebounder for a PG (too bad that's of little importance), and a great passer. He can't play in the triangle, he's not built for Stevens offense. He's a ball dominant PG because that's the ONLY way to get any value from him on offense.

Rondo had a great start in 2007-2010, but he squandered it, and went from being a player that *might* have drawn 3 #1's and a promising young player in a deal - to a player that won't sign an extension who is fractional to what he was at his peak. At his peak he was about the 5th best PG in the game, last 4 years he's been I believe I have it as: 12th, 14th, 14th, and 25th (gets a bit of a pass).

Ainge himself said that 20 teams were more than happy with whom they have at PG. 2-3 more were just drafted. Of the teams left - how many actually think Rondo can get them over the top? 1-2-3? No more than 3. How much is a team that can win now going to hand over for a one year player?

A stiff on an expiring deal - if it's a two year deal (think Wallace), and we don't get much of a young player back, you might get the two #1's - but next years if things work out for our trading partner will be worse than a 24th, and maybe they'll flip you another one they hold from a prior trade that is around the #20 pick. There are your two #1's - almost the same as drafting at the head of the 2nd round.

That's what Rondo's value is now. People outside of Boston often see him doing a triple double which he has a pretty high percentage of on National TV, but on home TV he hardly ever does it. Think teams will forget his 15 game vacation after the Perk deal? Think they'll forget that Tubby Smith and Ainge both labelled him "uncoachable"? Think teams will wonder why he doesn't show up to play about 20-25% of the regular season games he plays? Think teams wonder after his practice habits after Doc said he had poor practice habits and it took his ACL to get him to practice his shooting enough to improve it? How about his breaking team film equipment, having a fight with Cornbread, yelling at a cameraman doing his job?

vCash
    More:

"I think it is you who are confusing the Lakers' decision making of today with that of the Lakers in 2009 and 2010. "

You're the one that wrote it pal.

Also, with Ray Allen talking to Doc about coming on board and Allen's obvious rift with Rondo, it's probably true that Doc also left Boston because of Rondo. BTW, did you read my sig. I have more Rondo escapades I've posted every now and then. People keep saying he's young. Rubbish, he's older than the average NBA player, but since he acts like an 11 year old, I guess he keeps getting a pass from desperate Celt's fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Please. I'm not high or low on Rondo - I'm brutally fair. I have to be seeing as how over the past 5 years Rondo has been gradually handed the "C" by the franchise and the fans. But the fact is he deserves it neither by temperment or talent. He's no match for the great C's of the past I grew up on - Russell, Havlicek, Cowens, Bird, etc.

I was a D1 player, and coached for 14 years, I know what I'm looking at - and Rondo is a sinking ship. Can't/won't play D like in the past, can't shoot FT's, useless at 3's, erratic at FG's. Good driver but he doesn't do it much because he gets killed. Real good rebounder for a PG (too bad that's of little importance), and a great passer. He can't play in the triangle, he's not built for Stevens offense. He's a ball dominant PG because that's the ONLY way to get any value from him on offense.

Rondo had a great start in 2007-2010, but he squandered it, and went from being a player that *might* have drawn 3 #1's and a promising young player in a deal - to a player that won't sign an extension who is fractional to what he was at his peak. At his peak he was about the 5th best PG in the game, last 4 years he's been I believe I have it as: 12th, 14th, 14th, and 25th (gets a bit of a pass).

Ainge himself said that 20 teams were more than happy with whom they have at PG. 2-3 more were just drafted. Of the teams left - how many actually think Rondo can get them over the top? 1-2-3? No more than 3. How much is a team that can win now going to hand over for a one year player?

A stiff on an expiring deal - if it's a two year deal (think Wallace), and we don't get much of a young player back, you might get the two #1's - but next years if things work out for our trading partner will be worse than a 24th, and maybe they'll flip you another one they hold from a prior trade that is around the #20 pick. There are your two #1's - almost the same as drafting at the head of the 2nd round.

That's what Rondo's value is now. People outside of Boston often see him doing a triple double which he has a pretty high percentage of on National TV, but on home TV he hardly ever does it. Think teams will forget his 15 game vacation after the Perk deal? Think they'll forget that Tubby Smith and Ainge both labelled him "uncoachable"? Think teams will wonder why he doesn't show up to play about 20-25% of the regular season games he plays? Think teams wonder after his practice habits after Doc said he had poor practice habits and it took his ACL to get him to practice his shooting enough to improve it? How about his breaking team film equipment, having a fight with Cornbread, yelling at a cameraman doing his job?
    You seem unbiased and knowledgeable, about this subject.

Where do you see him being traded to then?

Dallas...Houston...HEAT...Lakers...Knicks? These are the only teams I see right now,because other teams will have no real shot to re-sign him (not saying the teams that I wrote, would want to sign him long tern either...Most might just want him as a rental).

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    Any way to package Rondo in a deal for Greg Monroe, where he would team with old buddy Josh Smith? Just wondering what other pieces would have to be included. I was thinking Rondo and Wallace for Monroe and a future 1st? Something like that, is there any creative ideas there? I don't want anything the Kings or Lakers have to offer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast