Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Dunn Likely Traded Today

Per Buster Olney, Athletics are front runners with Dodgers in the mix as well.

vCash

vCash

Dunn Likely Traded Today

Dunn traded to A's for P Nolan Sanburn (12th ranked prospect in A's top-20 mid season ranks)

ONE GOAL ACHIEVED!
    1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013

vCash
    Guess were going to see Andy Wilkins this September.

vCash
    The guy we got seems decently promising

vCash

Dunn Likely Traded Today

Dunn is done, in Chicago, good luck in the post season Donkey!
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash

Dunn Likely Traded Today

Hello Andy Wilkins!!
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    One of my favorite pitchers from the 2012 draft was Nolan Sanburn, drafted in the second round by the Oakland Athletics. Current buzz about him from the fall is quite good, and here is my current take and grade.

Nolan Sanburn, RHP, Oakland Athletics
    Bats: R Throws: R HT: 6-1 WT: 205 DOB: July 21, 1991

Sanburn was drafted in the second round last June from the University of Arkansas, 74th overall, signing slightly above slot for $710,000. He has one of the best arms in the draft and might have gone late in the first round some years, or at least in the supplemental. Although not a tall guy, he's a well-built athlete with a quick arm, showing a 93-99 MPH fastball. He experimented with several secondary pitches in college, including a hard curve, a slower curve, a slider, a cutter, and a changeup. All of them show potential, and while he was used mostly as a reliever for the Razorbacks, the Athletics intend to develop him as a starter. Although that might slow down his progression a bit, I think it makes sense. Sanburn has a wide range of possible outcomes, from number two starter if everything maxes out, to inning-eater, to power closer, to middle reliever. Grade B- with higher potential.

****FURTHER NOTE***
    It will be interesting to see how aggressive Oakland is with him this spring: do they assign him to Low-A or High-A? Will he be on a pitch count? Etc.

With the Athletics system thinned out by graduations and recent trades, Sanburn should be one of the top stories to watch in 2013.

vCash
    Sorry forgot to say i found the above article on our new pitcher...looks good to me

vCash
    I like it. Good find DaStar.

vCash
    Hahn getting 5 pitchers for Beckham, De Aza and Dunn is really nice. Even if they don't amount to anything, saved some money and got some prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Hahn getting 5 pitchers for Beckham, De Aza and Dunn is really nice. Even if they don't amount to anything, saved some money and got some prospects.
    The five pitchers we got in these trades most likely can't be worst from the clowns we have in the Bull pen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by South Side Sox View Post
    The five pitchers we got in these trades most likely can't be worst from the clowns we have in the Bull pen.
    It was a frustrating year for us watching reliever after reliever fail.
    Part of the responsibility has to go to Ventura and Parent
    for how they used these pitchers in various situations.

I am surprised that there aren't more Sox fans and sports media
    calling for a new Manager and coaching staff. They did not get the best out of their players
    and failed to make good decisions during games. How about the third base coach taking some responsibility for some if not most of the base running issues and for all the guys thrown out trying to stretch extra base hits? Was he ever called to task by Ventura?
    And when did the Sox look like a motivated together group on the field this season?

vCash
    There is definitely some Sox fans calling for Robin's head, they just aren't that loud. I am thinking I want him gone. I want Cooper here, I just hope he doesn't leave. But in the end I think Robin gets one more shot next season.

vCash

Dunn Likely Traded Today

Ventura hadn't shown much. He's an upgrade over Ozzy, but that doesn't say a lot either. Can't they just hire a real manager?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting