Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Pride is before a crash!

Ok, ok let me say this because I see SOME of you want to play the (I gotcha game). For arguement sake the Seattle Seahawks did NOT break our will. HOWEVER, Matt Shaub has played terribly and I was not in favor of trading for him and again made me question RM decision making, especially giving him $8mill guaranteed. I SERIOUSLY questioned DA COACHING and decision making because even now(although vasilating a bit now saying we have THREE qb's that could start) he is saying that The plan is for Shaub to be the starter. BASED on DA's decision to start Shaub which he would have Had he not mysteriously come down with Flynndinitus in his elbow SEATTLE WOULD HAVE BROKEN OUR WILL! Because there is NO WAY Shaub could have done what Carr did! I could easily see Shaub throwing a couple pics against Seattle.

As for taking your blinders off. Well DENNIS ALLEN TOOK HIS OFF! Benching Shaub and starting Carr! For the record I am not big on Marriotta or Winston. I think Winston is immature and Marriotta appears to be TOO reserved and not a great passer. I don't think EITHER will be a better passer than Carr. So to add clarity to that statement(for some of you) again that was based on DA and RM being obstinate and starting Shaub to justify their trade.IF SHAUB was to start ALL year(as DA said he could see Shaub starting FOUR years for us) Dennis's Allen WOULD get fired and yes if a new regime came in I could EASILY see them drafting Marriotta or Winston because Carr was THIER guy! Also if Carr was on the bench because of Shaub, NO ONE WOULD KNOW WHAT CARR COULD DO!

All that being said I liked Carr coming out of Fresno but I LOOOOVVEE what I saw from him. However I still wouldn't start him. I would start McGloin the first four games and start Carr after the by for a couple of reasons. The main reason is I still don't wanna throw Carr to the wolves. Second, if McGloin plays well he may have trade value in the off-season. Shaub would be third string.

interesting though, the SAME people who said dont overreact to pre-season games are the VERY SAME ones using the FOURTH pre-season game the MOST MEANINGLESS where most teams DONT game plan to justify thier arguement that RM/DA are doing well.

RM goofed on some earlier drafts,and I am Not crazy about some of his off-season moves but I will give him credit as I did before THIS IS THE BEST DRAFT WE HAD SINCE THE TIM BROWN DRAFT!! I do think the Saffold debacle helped him. He did step it up. If DA does the same, **** I WILL BE ESTATIC!! I do believe McGloin/Carr can save his job. If he starts Shaub and sticks with him that would be his ruin.

So NOOOOOO I'm not back peddling if anything DA is back peddling on Shaub. If he starts and stays with Shaub as he says I stand by my statements.
    Last edited by Playaraider; 08-30-2014 at 10:12 AM.

vCash
    I find it more interesting that you are defending your position than the topics addressed.

Preseason is about gelling units, and seeing young guys

Our units sucked *** all preseason, but some of our young guys were seen.

Don't make a fuss about wins losses etc in the preseason.

Make a fuss about a rookie looking good.
    Especially against Seattle's first team def.

DA needs to pick the best shot at winning.

That may be "backpedaling" but it'd also doing the right thing.

Proclaiming domination and will breaking from seattle.... and then us kicking their faces early and often... is a different backpedaling going on.

It's OK though man. I still love ya.

Just caught a helluva bad prediction.

vCash
    Mad lulz

vCash
    I have so many bad predictions I don't even know.... but I'll eat crow soon.

Little being awesome
    McGloin failure
    DA succeeding
    RM succeeding
    Carr succeeding
    Manning being the GOAT
    Hayden making the Pro Bowl lulz
    Pizza to firm for McGloin starting by turkey day plus 500% record

Who is olewale

All sorts of dumb **** comes from this guy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Playaraider View Post
    Ok, ok let me say this because I see SOME of you want to play the (I gotcha game). For arguement sake the Seattle Seahawks did NOT break our will. HOWEVER, Matt Shaub has played terribly and I was not in favor of trading for him and again made me question RM decision making, especially giving him $8mill guaranteed. I SERIOUSLY questioned DA COACHING and decision making because even now(although vasilating a bit now saying we have THREE qb's that could start) he is saying that The plan is for Shaub to be the starter. BASED on DA's decision to start Shaub which he would have Had he not mysteriously come down with Flynndinitus in his elbow SEATTLE WOULD HAVE BROKEN OUR WILL! Because there is NO WAY Shaub could have done what Carr did! I could easily see Shaub throwing a couple pics against Seattle.

As for taking your blinders off. Well DENNIS ALLEN TOOK HIS OFF! Benching Shaub and starting Carr! For the record I am not big on Marriotta or Winston. I think Winston is immature and Marriotta appears to be TOO reserved and not a great passer. I don't think EITHER will be a better passer than Carr. So to add clarity to that statement(for some of you) again that was based on DA and RM being obstinate and starting Shaub to justify their trade.IF SHAUB was to start ALL year(as DA said he could see Shaub starting FOUR years for us) Dennis's Allen WOULD get fired and yes if a new regime came in I could EASILY see them drafting Marriotta or Winston because Carr was THIER guy! Also if Carr was on the bench because of Shaub, NO ONE WOULD KNOW WHAT CARR COULD DO!

All that being said I liked Carr coming out of Fresno but I LOOOOVVEE what I saw from him. However I still wouldn't start him. I would start McGloin the first four games and start Carr after the by for a couple of reasons. The main reason is I still don't wanna throw Carr to the wolves. Second, if McGloin plays well he may have trade value in the off-season. Shaub would be third string.

interesting though, the SAME people who said dont overreact to pre-season games are the VERY SAME ones using the FOURTH pre-season game the MOST MEANINGLESS where most teams DONT game plan to justify thier arguement that RM/DA are doing well.

RM goofed on some earlier drafts,and I am Not crazy about some of his off-season moves but I will give him credit as I did before THIS IS THE BEST DRAFT WE HAD SINCE THE TIM BROWN DRAFT!! I do think the Saffold debacle helped him. He did step it up. If DA does the same, **** I WILL BE ESTATIC!! I do believe McGloin/Carr can save his job. If he starts Shaub and sticks with him that would be his ruin.

So NOOOOOO I'm not back peddling if anything DA is back peddling on Shaub. If he starts and stays with Shaub as he says I stand by my statements.
    Regardless of which QB you put out there , they'll only be as good as their line and running game, but I would give the edge to Carr. The idea of starting McGloin only to start Carr after the break is crazy, start a QB and let them play....period. The Saffold deal wasn't a debacle it was a deal that didn't happen and I believe that worked in our favor. Let's get this season started.............bring on the Jets!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    I have so many bad predictions I don't even know.... but I'll eat crow soon.

Little being awesome
    McGloin failure
    DA succeeding
    RM succeeding
    Carr succeeding
    Manning being the GOAT
    Hayden making the Pro Bowl lulz
    Pizza to firm for McGloin starting by turkey day plus 500% record

Who is olewale

All sorts of dumb **** comes from this guy!
    I can sum up my botched predictions with two words -- JaMarcus Russell. I was literally the first guy on this board to talk about him, and the last poster to defend him.

As far as the QB position... DA has been notably willing to change course if a better option presents itself. That is the one thing we cannot accuse him of, after two full years as a head coach.

I never understood that argument. There's two years of DA decisions to refute it.

vCash
    you need help
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

vCash
    Hate quotin disney cartoons..but op..let it go lol

vCash
    Who cares

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Playaraider View Post

Nonsense thread followed by more nonsense. Instead of predicting how/what would have crushed this teams moral, use your crystal ball to pick lotto numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by David123 View Post
    I think Al Davis is a robot created in the 1960's to run a afl franchise.
    --------------
    Quote Originally Posted by laek View Post
    Billboard is too new technology for Al Davis. I'm going to be a maverick and do it the way Al can understand. I will hire a horseman to deliver the petitions and send Morse code to him.
    ------------------------

"What people don't get about me, is that I'm a rockstar first, and a basketball player second," - Lamar Odom

vCash
    I predicted that the Raiders WR's were better than the WR's from Denver when Peyton first came to town. Lol

Moore, dhb, streater < d thomas., decker,

I also was a DMC fanboy for a good amount of time.

I predict the Raiders to win the Superbowl every year. So, this year I am picking them to go 3-13

Other than that, I am correct 100% of the rest of the time. :::DDD

vCash
    Just came by to say LOL.. Again.

Your back pedalling really didn't need a thread my man. Thanks for comin out though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    I predicted that the Raiders WR's were better than the WR's from Denver when Peyton first came to town. Lol

Moore, dhb, streater < d thomas., decker,

I also was a DMC fanboy for a good amount of time.

I predict the Raiders to win the Superbowl every year. So, this year I am picking them to go 3-13

Other than that, I am correct 100% of the rest of the time. :::DDD
    Greg Little released.

So egg on my face.

Denver quote is too good thpugh. Lol

Maybe I will predict 3-13 too.... I am wrong enough that it could be just what we need to win 8.