Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    5,056
    vCash
    1500

    Tanaka is experiencing general arm soreness

    Jack Curry ‏@JackCurryYES 36m
    Tanaka is experiencing general arm soreness. He will return to NY to do some strengthening exercises. No appointments scheduled with doctors

    Curry reports that the tentative plan was for Tanaka to throw a simulated game on Tuesday. But those plans are now on hold. In subsequent comments, Tanaka said that he was being “cautious” and that the pain could just be a function of his lack of arm strength after a layoff. But other reports are saying that the pain is focused in his forearm. Which tends to bode ill for pitchers.
    That he’s not going to see a doctor is probably a good thing, but at some point soon it’s possible that the Yankees are going to have to decide if their outside shot at a chance to play a one-game play-in game is worth risking the six years remaining on his deal.
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-arm-soreness/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,995
    vCash
    1500
    see you in 2016
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

    - Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,686
    vCash
    500
    Looked like the Yankees struck gold with at least one offseason signing but no.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Manhattan NYC
    Posts
    2,857
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    see you in 2016
    Hope your enjoying the Sox this year

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Manhattan NYC
    Posts
    2,857
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    Jack Curry ‏@JackCurryYES 36m
    Tanaka is experiencing general arm soreness. He will return to NY to do some strengthening exercises. No appointments scheduled with doctors



    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-arm-soreness/
    Funny you never post anything but negative ****. Go back to your dodger forum

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    11,720
    vCash
    9209
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    see you in 2016
    You're going on a self imposed ban til 2016?
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Manhattan NYC
    Posts
    2,857
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    You're going on a self imposed ban til 2016?
    Please ,it's amazing how this guy continues and nothing happens . Redsox fans are funny

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,608
    vCash
    1500
    Not even trying to hate here, just giving some perspective. We just went through this as Mets fans with Harvey. There is NO solution for a partial UCL tear. Just get the Tommy John surgery and be done with it.

    I don't know what the Yankees are doing here, they are screwing with their stud ace. Just suggest the surgery, push for it and prepare for a 2016 return. Usually when they've had the surgery, their arm is like iron.

    I battled myself last year on Harvey and ultimately, even though he's my favorite player and I knew I wouldn't see him for a year and a half, it was the right thing to do. Now I'm only 8 months away from seeing him.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    5,056
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
    Funny you never post anything but negative ****. Go back to your dodger forum

    I'm not trolling. Just posting news.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Manhattan NYC
    Posts
    2,857
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    I'm not trolling. Just posting news.
    sure , what other news have you posted in here besides negative **** ? I'll wait

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,757
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
    sure , what other news have you posted in here besides negative **** ? I'll wait
    He posts news throughout all of psd

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,581
    vCash
    1500
    Dat shizznit be broke!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Bummer. The Core Be No More.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bergen CO. NJ
    Posts
    4,342
    vCash
    1500
    TJ bound!
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

    12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

    Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,992
    vCash
    1500
    He should just have the TJ surgery already. I understand the Yankees want to make the playoffs this year but they are hurting their chances at the playoffs next year with delaying the surgery. Any chance of him coming back in 2015 was presumably contingent on him having the surgery when he first hit the DL in July. Now 2016 seems to be the target if and when he has the surgery and he will in all likelihood be on an innings limit when he comes back in that first year.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-30-2014 at 04:42 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,090
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    Not even trying to hate here, just giving some perspective. We just went through this as Mets fans with Harvey. There is NO solution for a partial UCL tear. Just get the Tommy John surgery and be done with it.

    I don't know what the Yankees are doing here, they are screwing with their stud ace. Just suggest the surgery, push for it and prepare for a 2016 return. Usually when they've had the surgery, their arm is like iron.

    I battled myself last year on Harvey and ultimately, even though he's my favorite player and I knew I wouldn't see him for a year and a half, it was the right thing to do. Now I'm only 8 months away from seeing him.
    Could not agree more. All we're doing here is wasting time. Get the surgery done and have him ready for 2016. Next season our rotation could be (in no particular order)

    McCarthy
    Green
    CC (hopefully)
    Pineida
    free agent signing possibly Lester?
    Nova (later on)

    Not to mention the youngsters we have on the roster like Phelps & Warren, as well as pitchers like Mitchell & BanMan

    IMO if we're gonna lose Tanaka for a year or so, let's start the clock ASAP.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •