Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jays sweep

0 0%
  • Jays take 2/3

0 0%
  • Yankees Sweep

0 0%
  • Yankees take 2/3

1 100.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Jeter Retirement Tour continues as the Jays face the Yanks - August 29-31

Toronto Blue Jays

Vs

New York Yankees

Friday August 29, 7:07

Chris Capuano (1-3, 4.37 ERA) vs Mark Buehrle (11-8, 3.41 ERA)

Buehrle pitched well, but he did not factor in a decision in the Blue Jays' walk-off win on Saturday vs. the Rays. The veteran lefty said he felt as good as he has in years, a good sign considering his recent struggles.

Capuano will try once more for his first Yankees victory, coming off a quality start vs. the White Sox of six innings and three runs. He faced the Blue Jays in his first Yankees outing July 26, taking a no-decision with six innings of two-run ball.

Saturday August 30, 1:07

Michael Pineda (3-2, 1.95 ERA) vs Drew Hutchison (8-11, 4.68 ERA)

Hutchison threw his ninth quality start vs. the Rays, but he didn't factor into the decision as the Blue Jays lost, 2-1, in extra innings. The 23-year-old went six innings and allowed one run on six hits with seven strikeouts.

Pineda has been excellent since returning from the DL, going 1-0 with a 2.08 ERA in three starts with a walk and 12 K's. Pineda's first Yankees start came back on April 5 in Toronto, when he allowed a run in six innings but took a tough-luck loss.

Sunday August 31, 1:07

Brandon McCarthy (8-13, 4.13 ERA) vs JA Happ (8-8, 4.40 ERA)

Happ allowed three runs over six relatively strong innings vs. the Sox during his last start. All three of the runs came in the fifth inning on home runs by Mookie Betts and Dustin Pedroia.

McCarthy felt out of sync for most of his last start, smacked around for five runs and nine hits in 6 1/3 innings by the Tigers; his most runs allowed with the Yanks. McCarthy is 5-3 with a 2.47 ERA since being traded to New York on July 8.

All info from bluejays.com

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Buehrle pitching well and only getting 1 run of support.. you already know how this is gonna end up

the moment we lose this lead the game is over because you're not gonna score against the Yankees pen when you can't score against Capuano

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    That got ugly quick. Real smrt baseball from fat *** there too.

vCash
    Sweet jeebus is McGowan awful

vCash
    Laaaaaaaame

vCash
    this team just keeps getting worse and worse.. 2-5 on the homestand.. thats just ****ing embarrassing. Have some pride u losers

props to vick27m

Ron Artest

vCash
    Went to the game. another loss. At this point, it has become a routine. I am looking forward to some call ups at this point. Do we have anyone coming up?

vCash
    This team definitely quit at the deadline. They look like they are completely mailing it in. Its a shame but these are human beings after all. Makes the job of fixing this even harder. I really like the way Gibbons manages the game but his lack of fire is really tough to take when things aren't going well. He's almost sure to take the fall for this. Not that he should but I bet he will.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 08-30-2014 at 09:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Can't remember the last game I watched. Not sure why many of you care so much. This team had one great month, and has been mediocre (or worse) for the past 2 years (with the exception of that 11 gamer last year). This team was never a real contender.

I'm in full support of blowing this mother up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Can't remember the last game I watched. Not sure why many of you care so much. This team had one great month, and has been mediocre (or worse) for the past 2 years (with the exception of that 11 gamer last year). This team was never a real contender.

I'm in full support of blowing this mother up.
    Cause that's what fans do? Didn't realize it was that foreign a concept. There are some people that actually don't bandwagon jump. Some people actually want the major league team to win instead of jizzing themselves over the next farm ranking in baseball america.

For a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 21 years, theirs still a pretty devoted following(and no I don't consider myself to be even close to that group)

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Cause that's what fans do? Didn't realize it was that foreign a concept. There are some people that actually don't bandwagon jump. Some people actually want the major league team to win instead of jizzing themselves over the next farm ranking in baseball america.

For a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 21 years, theirs still a pretty devoted following(and no I don't consider myself to be even close to that group)
    I get wanting your team to do well... What I don't get is working yourself into a froth (you know who you are) for a team that just isn't that good. You can't squeeze blood from a stone. This team is a stone.

It's over. Everyone knew it was over before the season started (go back and read the threads). They were a **** tease in May... But that doesn't make a contender. I was in my teens when they won in 92-93 so maybe I don't have as much of a hard on cause I still have good memories, but as I've aged I don't get as worked up as I used to. You guys must still be south of 30.

vCash
    I get wanting your team to do well... What I don't get is working yourself into a froth (you know who you are) for a team that just isn't that good. You can't squeeze blood from a stone. This team is a stone.

It's over. Everyone knew it was over before the season started (go back and read the threads). They were a **** tease in May... But that doesn't make a contender. I was in my teens when they won in 92-93 so maybe I don't have as much of a hard on cause I still have good memories, but as I've aged I don't get as worked up as I used to. You guys must still be south of 30.
    lol if you're talking about me, you'd be happy to know that I haven't watched a full Jays game since late June (all summer long) and lately i haven't even turned on most games for an inning even. If I do is because I'm placing a bet on that particular inning

props to vick27m

Ron Artest

vCash

They were in a playoff spot 3 games clear of 2nd place and 1.5 games back in the division less than a month ago. After 4 months of baseball. A week of good baseball in August and they're still in the thick of a race. This 'they were never contenders' stuff is pure garbage. Go back and read the threads? I distinctly remember a lot of people being pissed about losing Santana because this was a team on the fringes of a playoff race, which is exactly what they turned out to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    lol if you're talking about me, you'd be happy to know that I haven't watched a full Jays game since late June (all summer long) and lately i haven't even turned on most games for an inning even. If I do is because I'm placing a bet on that particular inning

I could just imagine the mushroom cloud over your head if you were watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    They were in a playoff spot 3 games clear of 2nd place and 1.5 games back in the division less than a month ago. After 4 months of baseball. A week of good baseball in August and they're still in the thick of a race. This 'they were never contenders' stuff is pure garbage. Go back and read the threads? I distinctly remember a lot of people being pissed about losing Santana because this was a team on the fringes of a playoff race, which is exactly what they turned out to be.
    They were contending based on one hot month. That doesn't get it done.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast