Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Is it time for Brian Cashman to go?

With the Yankees struggling to score, is it time to get rid of Cashman? The Yankees currently have one of the weakest farm systems and offenses in the league. Sure, Tanaka, Pineda, Prado, and McCarthy all seem to be good pickups. But what about not paying 10 years 200 million to Robinson Cano? What about signing Brian McCann and Carlos Beltran? Both of these players are having terrible seasons.

Do you think George would have put up with 2 seasons missing the playoffs? I don't think so. Neither should Hal. We have a good manager but the problem is he doesn't have enough talent. Who's fault is that? No other than Brian Cashman.

The Yankee fan is losing interest in the team. The team doesn't hit. They're boring. And it's time for a change in leadership.

If you are looking a replacement, I would have to say let's steal Theo Epstein from the Cubs, maybe even Billy Beane from the As or John Mozeliak of the Cardinals. It's time for Cashman to go. I want the Yankees to be the Yankees again.

vCash
    Lolz
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    Like it's all Cashman's fault that guys are underperforming. He made fairly good moves. McCann was a need. Beltran...eh, but you can't blame Cashman for Beltran and McCann not hitting. Cashman doesn't have some magic crystal ball to see into the future.

God. Such a pointless thread. We have others on the same issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeter 2 View Post
    With the Yankees struggling to score, is it time to get rid of Cashman? The Yankees currently have one of the weakest farm systems and offenses in the league. Sure, Tanaka, Pineda, Prado, and McCarthy all seem to be good pickups. But what about not paying 10 years 200 million to Robinson Cano? What about signing Brian McCann and Carlos Beltran? Both of these players are having terrible seasons.
    I'd like to hear what you'll have to say in 2-3-4 years when Cano starts declining like Arod, CC, and Teix have. Cano WILL follow the same path those guys have found. What do you expect? Like he could have predicted drop-offs from both (Beltran maybe, but not McCann). There's somethings no GM can predict. It's also not Cashman's fault that the kids and Levine are just in it to seek profits and not field a winning team.

Do you think George would have put up with 2 seasons missing the playoffs? I don't think so. Neither should Hal. We have a good manager but the problem is he doesn't have enough talent. Who's fault is that? No other than Brian Cashman.
    Of course, but what you fail to mention is the years when George was firing everyone after one year and the teams got progressively worse every season. George (R.I.P.) really isn't the saint he's made out to be by fans, if it wasn't for his suspension, the Yankees would have been ruined!

The Yankee fan is losing interest in the team. The team doesn't hit. They're boring. And it's time for a change in leadership.
    People are paying attention, because we are still in it technically.

If you are looking a replacement, I would have to say let's steal Theo Epstein from the Cubs, maybe even Billy Beane from the As or John Mozeliak of the Cardinals. It's time for Cashman to go. I want the Yankees to be the Yankees again.
    We "just" can't sign those guys you know? There's a whole bunch of obstacles you have to go through just to get to talk to them, you do realize they are under contract right?!?!? Beane has also said he'll never leave Oakland until he wins a championship there, and don't say, "He'll leave because we're a big market and have more money for him to spend," because he's already turned down Boston twice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeter 2 View Post

Why change now? They have too many contracts so they might as well keep him...
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    God. Such a pointless thread. We have others on the same issue.
    Agree.
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .282 HR: ONE! RBI: 20 SB: 12 AGE: 40