31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Derek Carr

27 87.10%
  • Matt Schaub

4 12.90%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who Start's at QB

After tonite's performance, my vote is for Carr. Schaub is washed up.

vCash
    Hopefully not Schuab. Carr looked great tonight. It was nice to see points in the first half.

vCash
    I took my time with the decision and I'm never one to get overwhelmed or bash... Sign me up on the Carr bandwagon.

Carr roars heart. Let's start with Schaub but give it to the kid slowly. We need to Run Run Run the football though to win any games this year.

Just excited to see competitive
    Raiders football this year

vCash
    Carr is the only option. We are still last in our division regardless, why start Schaub when we can start our future now?

McGOAT

vCash
    Carr led this Raiders team against the super bowl champions. He engineered four touchdown droves in one quarter. Fluke? I don't think so. He threw for over 5000 yards and 50 TDs in his senior year in college.

vCash
    #StartCarr

Who wants a "Jelly" Sandwich?

vCash
    I'm a huge Carr fan. I just think he might really benefit from a red shirt year. If he's the best man for the job do they let him play? This guy could be a franchise QB. Do we throw him into the fire or let him learn while we get talent around him? Either way Carr is our future.

vCash
    Start The Carr. It's not even close. I've been on Twitter about this for months now. The players don't wanna play for Matt Schaub, they want to play for a fiery confident leader with a rocket arm.

With Schaub, the offense is limited. The offense in general is already limited as is. Don't extensively limit something that's already limited. With Schaub in, defenses will stack the box, blitz more often considering he has no arm or legs, and they will wait for his short throws. While they stack the box, they will also have a greater chance of stopping the run. With that being said, how would the offense work? It would be awfully difficult for a QB like Schaub to thrive with this offense at this point in his career.

Schaub is also not a leader and not very motivational. Players don't want to play for the laid back nonchalant Schaub. His body language is gruesome. They want to play for the fiery Derek Carr who is confident, supportive, and wants to win. He is a true leader.

Derek Carr makes the offense move and instills a little fear to defenses unlike the weak and immobile Schaub. Carr opens up the field and the run at the same time. Teams will be less inclined to stack the box and blitz against the mobile Carr with the dangerous arm. This opens up opportunities for the RBs, lineman and receivers. It takes pressure off of them. Carr's quick deliveries can mask the O-Line's issues for now until they gel.

Also as I've said weeks ago, if Carr starts, Moore has to start. Moore and Carr click and Moore is the main WR who gets separation more often than not. Carr would need that if he started. Moore was fired up tonight thanks to Carr and that's what passionate leaders do. Moore constantly needs a fire lit under him to play the best he can and when he does that, the sky is the limit for him.

Look at the body language of the players when Carr is on the field compared to when Schaub is on the field. They don't even want to block for Schaub, let alone catch the ball for him. Did anyone see how pumped Denarius Moore was after that back shoulder TD throw from Carr to him? I haven't seen that man that pumped since 2011. Even the lineman were fired up. What will it look like if Allen went with the QB on the team who wasn't the best QB? How would that look? How would the players react to that? They'd probably lose respect for Allen. How do you rally around Schaub after what Carr just displayed?

The evidence is immensely evident. The future is now. #StartTheCarr
    Last edited by Nets/Raiders!; 08-29-2014 at 03:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevj77 View Post
    I'm a huge Carr fan. I just think he might really benefit from a red shirt year. If he's the best man for the job do they let him play? This guy could be a franchise QB. Do we throw him into the fire or let him learn while we get talent around him? Either way Carr is our future.
    The Seahawks went with Russell Wilson when he was a rookie instead of Matt Flynn. We should do the same and forget about Schaub. He can't move this offense. We'll have Carr to lead our offense and Mack to lead our defense. This is turning out to be the best draft in decades.
    Last edited by erickench; 08-29-2014 at 02:02 AM.

vCash
    This is a young team. Start Carr. And at the end of this year when the media starts on about. OAKLAND GETTING THEIR FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK. FA will start coming and all the wonderful wr hitting the market next year and with money to burn we could bring in 2 studs with another in the draft. People will start believing in RM. Man I hope this is our awaking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tippa irie View Post
    This is a young team. Start Carr. And at the end of this year when the media starts on about. OAKLAND GETTING THEIR FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK. FA will start coming and all the wonderful wr hitting the market next year and with money to burn we could bring in 2 studs with another in the draft. People will start believing in RM. Man I hope this is our awaking
    We are long overdue and deserve more than most, brother.

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash
    It's a no brainer. Schaub isn't even an option, mcgloin over him.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    The Seahawks went with Russell Wilson when he was a rookie instead of Matt Flynn. We should do the same and forget about Schaub. He can't move this offense. We'll have Carr to lead our offense and Mack to lead our defense. This is turning out to be the best draft in decades.
    Exactly. And yeah, in a perfect world, Mack wins Defensive Rookie Of The Year and Carr wins Offensive Rookie of the Year(far more unlikely than the aforementioned) but either way it's shaping up to be one hell of a draft class. Jackson, Ellis both getting into the action as well.
    Last edited by Nets/Raiders!; 08-29-2014 at 02:42 AM.

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash
    go with the hot hand and put Carr in..... McGloin then Schaub is how my depth chart is looking

vCash
    Is it even a question who I want to see start against the Jets?
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast