Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

What kind of number do you think your favorite player would have posted in the 60's?

I know the inter-generational comparisons are impossible to quantify because things have changed so much,but if your favorite player played his prime seasons in the 60's, what kind of stats do you think he would have posted?

And feel free to use players from other generations. If Hakeem or Jordan or Shaq are your favorites, go with them. If CP3 or KD or LBJ or Kobe is, go with them.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    A lot.

vCash
    Impossible to quantify? Not sure what you're trying to get at but while its not an exact science its not that hard to translate/compare numbers across eras. The 3pt line is probably the biggest hurdle tho.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Wade
    37pts per game... 5 steals.... 4 blocks... 8asst... etc

Since medically science is not what it is now back then, Wade would have maybe 5 prime years. lol

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    Blake Griffin: 38 ppg, 15 rpg, 6 apg, 5 bpg, 3 spg on 74 percent shooting.

vCash
    Michael Jordan 52 ppg 64%FG, 14 rpg, 8 apg
    Last edited by hidalgo; 08-29-2014 at 05:59 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86:28977469
    Blake Griffin: 38 ppg, 15 rpg, 6 apg, 5 bpg, 3 spg on 74 percent shooting.
    5 blocks a game is waaaay too much of a stretch for Blake, especially in the 60's

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsdelez24 View Post
    5 blocks a game is waaaay too much of a stretch for Blake, especially in the 60's
    Not sure what "especially in the 60's" is about. But lets look at it...

They didn't record blocks then but people say Russell would have probably been around 6 a game in the early 60's.

Figure in 1960 Blake would have been the 4th tallest player in the league instead of the 90th or so today.

Now, his athleticism due to modern training would give him a HUGE edge.

And we are taking out the 3 pt line, meaning a LOT more shots at the rim.

And players weren't taking it up to draw fouls, or fouls just weren't called as much. Russell in the early 60's averaged just a bit over 2 while challenging everything. Wilt averaged 2 a game despite averaging 46 minutes a game in his career.. He fouled about half the rate of Blake today.

His minutes would be up, he'd be out there 45 a game...

I think he'd be used in a completely different way, where he would be a rim protector on D, playing against guys a lot shorter where his short wingspan would still be longer than just about anyone's.

I could see 5 blocks a game. Not sure I would pick that, but in "realm of possibility" for an impossible circumstance... sure.

vCash
    It doesn't matter,if you played in the '60 you know that you have to go against Wilt in his prime. And with '60 rules he would just smash any player from the present!

"No tats on the right arm.Strictly for buckets" -Nick Young A.K.A Swaggy-P

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I know the inter-generational comparisons are impossible to quantify because things have changed so much,but if your favorite player played his prime seasons in the 60's, what kind of stats do you think he would have posted?

And feel free to use players from other generations. If Hakeem or Jordan or Shaq are your favorites, go with them. If CP3 or KD or LBJ or Kobe is, go with them.
    Excuse me, what are the major differences between 60s and the current generation, in addition to the existence of the three -point line ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleLynch View Post
    It doesn't matter,if you played in the '60 you know that you have to go against Wilt in his prime. And with '60 rules he would just smash any player from the present!
    I think he was overrated. Had Shaq, Dream or other excellent centers played at that time, he would have a less comfortable time for sure.

vCash
    Patrick Ewing
    40ppg
    20rpg
    4.5bpg
    3.76apg

Rough guess. I rounded down on the assists.

vCash
    Insane rebounds!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsdelez24 View Post
    Agreed, but the fg % is most delusional

vCash
    impossible to guess. They didn't even track blocks, credit for assists were done differently, etc. The pace alone would have made points/rebounds skyrocket, but still a tough question to really answer.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast