Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    74,710
    vCash
    1500

    Petit sets record for most conesecutive batters retired

    46. Lost it to Jordan Lyles... go figure.

    But this is some pretty neat history.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence


    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    I'm Gonna Walk Hell Track, So Cal
    Posts
    1,142
    vCash
    1500
    Cooperstown.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    74,710
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rad_Racing View Post
    Cooperstown.
    the ball that was used when he recorded the 46th out should definitely be sent there.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence


    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    So Cal for Now
    Posts
    1,172
    vCash
    1500
    This record will be seen as meaningless to most, but this guy came within 1 strike of a perfect game last year, and then threw the equivalent of 1 2/3 perfects games in the last couple of weeks. And he is an average player for the most part.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    15,997
    vCash
    1500
    An avg 5th starter is all we need or at least one that doesnt suck.


    THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

    2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    I'm Gonna Walk Hell Track, So Cal
    Posts
    1,142
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    the ball that was used when he recorded the 46th out should definitely be sent there.
    I was thinking his spikes, but the ball definitely makes sense.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    21,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    An avg 5th starter is all we need or at least one that doesnt suck.
    Petit is far from dominant, I wouldn't even call him consistently average...but it seems he can come up big when called upon to spot start. Hopefully he's a "lightning in a bottle" guy down the stretch.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    9,071
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    Petit is far from dominant, I wouldn't even call him consistently average...but it seems he can come up big when called upon to spot start. Hopefully he's a "lightning in a bottle" guy down the stretch.
    Maybe not for his career, but when he's pitched for us, he's been about as consistent as they come.

    In the past 2 years and 144 IP, his numbers have remained at virtually the same levels. Similiar K/9 and BB/9 ratios, similiar HR/9, Similiar ERA, FIP and xFIP, similiar BABIP.

    He can strike guys out and he doesn't walk anybody. Of course you have to get lucky to get 46 retired in a row, but it's also a testament that he's a guy who doesn't hurt himself. It's sure as hell better than hoping Timmy doesn't get knocked out in the 3rd inning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

    Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.


    The PSD NBA Redraft GOAT speaking the truth

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    24,353
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jamal View Post
    Maybe not for his career, but when he's pitched for us, he's been about as consistent as they come.

    In the past 2 years and 144 IP, his numbers have remained at virtually the same levels. Similiar K/9 and BB/9 ratios, similiar HR/9, Similiar ERA, FIP and xFIP, similiar BABIP.

    He can strike guys out and he doesn't walk anybody. Of course you have to get lucky to get 46 retired in a row, but it's also a testament that he's a guy who doesn't hurt himself. It's sure as hell better than hoping Timmy doesn't get knocked out in the 3rd inning.
    Consistently decent out of the pen and consistently bad as a starter.

    #PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •