Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

New NFL Domestic Violence policy

1st offense 6 games, 2nd offense lifetime ban.

Imo this is ridiculous. Only because there are gold diggers out there that are gonna cry wolf and sooner than later a good player is gonna be banned for life under wrong circumstances.

vCash
    Hmm...looks better than 2 games, that's for sure

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    2nd offense lifetime ban? Why jump from 6 games to that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedSB View Post
    2nd offense lifetime ban? Why jump from 6 games to that?
    If you beat your spouse/girlfriend/significant other twice I think it's totally justifiable. That's just never OK.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    I like the policy but I don't like the circumstances that led to this. The NFL is just rolling their eyes at the feminists that got upset over the Rice suspension and appeasing them with this. Over-protest of of issues (be it racism, unequal treatment of women, etc.) leads to people just pretending to care about the issue for publicity reasons. In the age of social media where it's so easy to get a mass publicity movement on things like this it's so easy to create that culture. In the long run, I think it does more harm than good for cause because now people are just pretending they actually care when they really don't. It makes a mockery of very serious and prominent issues our country faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 34m

Key phrase in new domestic violence policy sent to NFL owners: "These disciplinary consequences apply to all NFL personnel." ALL personnel.
    I like the brutality of it. Keep these guys in line. Worried that an innocent dude gets screwed by it, but you probably shouldn't be hanging around shady people and you'd better learn from your first offense.
    Rookie still moved the chains despite seeing this every snap.

vCash
    Few things I'm hearing.
    1) domestic violence is covered under the personal conduct
    2) NFLPA has not approved to this
    3) NFL wants more stern punishments on DUI as well
    4) Players have a case to sue the NFL as an anti-trust because of how this isn't part of the CBA.

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    If you beat your spouse/girlfriend/significant other twice I think it's totally justifiable. That's just never OK.
    If they are legit offenses then I guess it's fair, but what if their significant other is manipulative and fakes abuse in order to extort money from the player? It only has to work once and they hold the players entire career in their hand.

vCash
    Anyone read the memo he put out? He straight up said that they got the Ray Rice thing wrong and he apologized for it... I like it, These guys are supposed to be role models for our children, Act like youve been there before...

67 Rec - 1038 Yards -6 TD

vCash
    If they are legit offenses then I guess it's fair, but what if their significant other is manipulative and fakes abuse in order to extort money from the player? It only has to work once and they hold the players entire career in their hand.
    Dont hang around grimey hoes.. Simple as that, Its not hard to tell which girls are the good ones and which arent... If you meet them at the club and their twerking in a 6inch mini skirt..... you migggggggght be a hoe

67 Rec - 1038 Yards -6 TD

vCash
    Yes, because that is the problem. Protecting the players from their abusive wives/girlfriends blackmail...

Personally, this should be a one-and-done in my book. You commit domestic violence and you are banned permanently from the league permanently. Child abuse, spousal abuse, really any kind of abuse and the league should send a loud and clear message to all players.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Wick925 View Post
    Anyone read the memo he put out? He straight up said that they got the Ray Rice thing wrong and he apologized for it... I like it, These guys are supposed to be role models for our children, Act like youve been there before...
    It's not that I disagree with what you have said here, but it's not exactly the case either. arguments can be made one way or the other.

OK Nick, you see that over there? That's what used to be of our playoff chances.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to screw you over.

vCash
    The OP got it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ichitownclowni View Post
    1st offense 6 games, 2nd offense lifetime ban...
    A second offense will result in banishment from the NFL for at least one year.
    link

Roger Goodell apologizes for decision in Ray Rice case

By Kevin Patra
    Around the NFL writer
    Published: Aug. 28, 2014 at 03:07 p.m

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Thursday apologized for his decision in the Ray Rice domestic abuse case in a letter to NFL owners and announced sweeping changes to the league's Personal Conduct Policy.

In the detailed letter, Goodell announced that violations of the Personal Conduct Policy regarding assault, battery, domestic violence or sexual assault that involve physical force "will be subject to a suspension without pay of six games for a first offense." A second offense will result in banishment from the NFL for at least one year. An individual can petition for reinstatement after one year, but "there will be no presumption or assurance that the petition will be granted."

The policy applies to all personnel, not just players.

In the open of his letter, Goodell admitted he fell short in prior situations of domestic violence.

"At times, however, and despite our best efforts, we fall short of our goals," Goodell wrote. "We clearly did so in response to a recent incident of domestic violence. We allowed our standards to fall below where they should be and lost an important opportunity to emphasize our strong stance on a critical issue and the effective programs we have in place. My disciplinary decision led the public to question our sincerity, our commitment, and whether we understood the toll that domestic violence inflicts on so many families. I take responsibility both for the decision and for ensuring that our actions in the future properly reflect our values. I didn't get it right. Simply put, we have to do better. And we will."
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    I feel like violence in general should be the core issue....not just domestic violence.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    Not just domestic violence though...

In the detailed letter, Goodell announced that violations of the Personal Conduct Policy regarding assault, battery, domestic violence or sexual assault that involve physical force "will be subject to a suspension without pay of six games for a first offense." A second offense will result in banishment from the NFL for at least one year.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast