Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prove me wrong

vCash

Prove me wrong

The Kings somehow managed to get worse this off season.

Can anyone disprove this notion?
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Not until they step on the floor. You never know... it could be addition by subtraction.

vCash
    We lost IT, but acquired Collison & Stauskas.
    Cousins will improve from last year, and we will have a full year of Rudy.
    Not to mention the development of chemistry under Malone's second year.
    Last but not least, no more Outlaw!

Bet you didn't see that coming.

Also, that chick in your sig. I was watching her star in a movie where she rapped in a college sorority band.
    Now that was bad, Kenny Thomas bad.

vCash
    Unless McLemore gets significantly better and Stauskas shoots lights out I think we are worse for sure.

vCash
    Our biggest hope for improvement is in the growth of players we already have and in our players (new and old) buying into and fitting into Malone's system. I would not argue that we improved talent-wise, but there is some hope in that the players could be better fits. I'm not getting my hopes too high, but I'm hopeful that with the Team USA experience for DMC and Gay, as well as having another year under Malone, we should be a better team. We may not win more games (I'm expecting the offense to take a while to gel), but in the long run we could be better for this offseason. We'll see what, if anything, PDA has in store, too...
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Two words: Sim Bhullar

vCash
    per possession when isiah had the ball no one else touched it, per possession 2.6 on average touch the ball i believe with collins.

vCash
    Jason collins?

vCash
    Banking on the incumbents to improve drastically isn't great idea. I think this team needed a talent infusion. PF is still crap... probably crappier than last year since we lost Acy. PG definitely got worse.

I don't know... it's hard to be optimistic here.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Jason collins?
    collison sorry

vCash
    We are realistically not going to improve until we rid ourselves of some bad contracts. Even Rudy Gay is sucking up about 8 million more than he is worth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    Banking on the incumbents to improve drastically isn't great idea. I think this team needed a talent infusion. PF is still crap... probably crappier than last year since we lost Acy. PG definitely got worse.

I don't know... it's hard to be optimistic here.
    Wait and see..

Isaiah is an incredible talent, but we were still a 28 win team. You dont think a team with Collison at starting PG can win 28 games? There are things he does better than Isaiah, there are things he does differently than Isaiah.

People are putting way too much stock into this PG situation. Its not the long term solution..

and clearly, neither was Isaiah, so, good time to move on.

The goal is for the team to come out of the gate with and identity, and actual system. Something Kings fans havent witnessed since the early 2000's.

Time will tell, Id argue were pretty even.
    The RANADIVE Era

vCash
    Offensively, our PG situation worsened.
    Defensively, our PG situation improved.

I'd rather improve defensively, so we won't agree on that point.

vCash
    PG may have improved defensively, but not by much, and I doubt by as much as we downgraded there offensively. I know I've read some people praise McCallum's defense, but I've never seen it as anything more than average when I've watched him. Hopefully it gets better. I've also seen him go into 1 vs 5 scoring mode where he refuses to pass just like people complain Isaiah did.

I'm just far from sold on Ray and Collison being our PGs (and I really don't want to see Ray starting when the season begins).
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Add Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast