Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Preseason Week 4: The St. Louis Rams @ The Miami Dolphins

Code:
    Pre-Season Game 4 The St. Louis Rams @ The Miami Dolphins Sun Life Stadium Saturday August 28th [7:00 PM ET]
    2013 Passing Leaders
    QB Rating Yards Touchdowns Interceptions
    90.9 1,687 14 4
    Sam Bradford
    81.7 3,913 24 17
    Ryan Tannehill
    2013 Rushing Leaders
    Yards Carries Yards Per Carry Touchdowns
    973 250 3.9 7
    Zac Stacy
    709 177 4.0 2
    Lamar Miller
    2013 Receiving Leaders
    Yards Catches Yards Per Catch Touchdowns
    671 51 13.2 5
    Jared Cook
    1016 76 13.4 4
    Brian Hartline
    2013 Defensive Leaders
    Tackles Sacks Interceptions
    Alec Ogletree Robert Quinn Trumaine Johnson 117 19 3 Phillip Wheeler Oliver Vernon Brent Grimes 118 11.5 4
    More Stats
    DO NOT POST LINKS OF THE GAME. ANYTHING POSTED WILL BE DELETED. IF YOU HAVE A LINK JUST SAY YOU HAVE ONE AND THEN PRIVATE MESSAGE IT TO SOMEONE.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Can't wait for Matt Moore to establish himself as the starting QB...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Lol, what do you mean!?!? He's leaps and bounds ahead of Tanny already! Don't want to play him too much or our franchise QB will get injured

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    I am not sure how old you are but back in the 80's the Dolphins drafted a young QB named David Woodley, I hated him from almost day 1 and I wanted Don Strock to start over him. Every once in awhile they would pull David Woodley because he sucked bad, and the Dolphins brought in Don Strock to bail Woodley out of a horrible game, which was pretty much every game, come next game Shula would go right back to Woodley. The most memorable game was against the Chargers that even to this date was the best NFL game I have ever seen. We lost that game but Don Strock brought us back from a big hole.

Even though David Woodley sucked major balz, Don Shula stuck with him until game 5 of Woodleys 4th season when Dan Marino came into the game for good after David Woodley sucked as usual. Marino did something that Woodley could not do and that was score points. I can still visualize that day as I was excited to finally see someone replace Woodley. David Woodley played for a couple more horrible seasons for the Steelers where he continued his suckiness, and looking back I can't recall any QB that the Dolphins invested that many years that sucked as bad as Woodley.

Looking back now I doubt many people would say Woodley was a prospect, but Shula stuck with him because I imagine that he felt he was developing his QB of the future, I can't think of any other reason Shula would stay with Woodley over Strock, it was obvious when Strock played he was heads above Woodley.

What's the moral to my story, the best QB is not always the guy who is starting. We won't know for years if Tannehill was worth the investment, but just because he is starting does not make him the best QB.
    Last edited by Plague; 08-28-2014 at 01:17 AM.

vCash
    Really appreciate that story I didn't read. If you don't know the story behind Woodstrock and why Shula stuck with both of them (yes, unfortunately I saw some of your essay) then I have no idea why you are comparing Woodstrock to this situation (italics because it only exists in the deluded minds that think Moore is better) with Tannehill.

vCash
    If after 3-4 games if Tannehill plays like he did last season get him out of there. We don't need another season of him not being able to score points. I don't want to hear 16 games of excuses of everyone else sucks but him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitekimbo View Post
    Lol, what do you mean!?!? He's leaps and bounds ahead of Tanny already! Don't want to play him too much or our franchise QB will get injured
    I can't wait. A part of me almost wants it to happen just so the Matt Moore Brigade can see how unbelievably foolish they really are.

vCash
    Hey the backup QB is the best player on every roster. Especially when seasoned vet backup QB's are shinning against 2nd and 3rd team players in pre-season games.

It must be a conspiracy that Moore isn't starting, specially since every other play is an interception. But tonight should shine a light on all of this.

And don't forget Moore couldn't keep a starting job over Jimmy Clausen...

Moore is perfect where he is at.

Remember... Moore giveth and Moore taketh

vCash
    Other thing to watch:

Does Daniel Thomas show enough for the coaches to keep 4 RB's? b/c the RB depth chart right now is Miller/Moreno, Williams and Thomas

Also Michael Thomas as well, I think he is best suited to play FS for us, but he is on the bubble, so far he has shown he can play making key tackles on ST's and defense hopefully he balls out today

vCash
    I don't get it, and I hate to enter this discussion after staying out of it all offseason, but even if Tannehill plays like he did his rookie year or last year, he would still be better than Moore.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    I don't get it, and I hate to enter this discussion after staying out of it all offseason, but even if Tannehill plays like he did his rookie year or last year, he would still be better than Moore.
    +1

There is a reason that Matt Moore is still on our roster and not a trade candidate for a team looking for a credible starting QB (STL) . . . he is the perfect back-up QB. Granted I would take Moore over Henne as my starter any day of the week . . . but not over Tanny. Matt Moore cannot be a starter in a precision/timing based offensive scheme. Sorry.

vCash
    I don't think any of the Matt Moore supporters are saying he's a world-beater. They just think he's better than Tannehill.

I'm not sure which of them is better but the fact that it's even up for discussion is more of a criticism of Tanny than praise for Moore.

If I had to guess, I'd say Moore could probably out-score Tanny within this same offense in the short run. But I wouldn't argue against those who would say that Tanny's superior physical tools are worth developing for the long term and thus he should be starting.

Anyway, switching gears here, seems like trading Hartline to CLE would make a lot of sense for both teams. We're deep enough to make do without him, CLE is desperate for WR help. Brian is even from Ohio. His contract isn't too bad for them. And even if they don't have a player we want, they have extra 2015 draft picks to spare.

Just surprised Hartline-to-Browns rumors haven't been circulating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I don't think any of the Matt Moore supporters are saying he's a world-beater. They just think he's better than Tannehill.

I'm not sure which of them is better but the fact that it's even up for discussion is more of a criticism of Tanny than praise for Moore.

If I had to guess, I'd say Moore could probably out-score Tanny within this same offense in the short run. But I wouldn't argue against those who would say that Tanny's superior physical tools are worth developing for the long term and thus he should be starting.

Anyway, switching gears here, seems like trading Hartline to CLE would make a lot of sense for both teams. We're deep enough to make do without him, CLE is desperate for WR help. Brian is even from Ohio. His contract isn't too bad for them. And even if they don't have a player we want, they have extra 2015 draft picks to spare.

Just surprised Hartline-to-Browns rumors haven't been circulating.
    I have to say this here as well, but I said this to you and a few others in another thread on this site...

Hartline is Tannehill's safety blanket, they have the best chemistry between each other... They aren't going to get rid of Tannehill's favorite target. That makes no sense, still bothers me people can't seem to understand that. As long as Tanny is the QB, Hartline isn't going anywhere.

Hartline and Tanny are 2 peas in a pod. You would seriously hinder a QB getting rid of his favorite target. When ever Tanny is in trouble and scrambles he finds Hartline on the sideline for those toe tapping catches that he makes time and time again.

It is like trading away Witten from Romo, or Marvin Harrison from Peyton Manning during the Colts years... (I am in no way shape or form saying that Tanny/Hartline are as good as the examples stated)

vCash
    Anyone know if the starters are playing, and if so for how long ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildPhins10 View Post
    I have to say this here as well, but I said this to you and a few others in another thread on this site...

Hartline is Tannehill's safety blanket, they have the best chemistry between each other... They aren't going to get rid of Tannehill's favorite target. That makes no sense, still bothers me people can't seem to understand that. As long as Tanny is the QB, Hartline isn't going anywhere.

Hartline and Tanny are 2 peas in a pod. You would seriously hinder a QB getting rid of his favorite target. When ever Tanny is in trouble and scrambles he finds Hartline on the sideline for those toe tapping catches that he makes time and time again.

It is like trading away Witten from Romo, or Marvin Harrison from Peyton Manning during the Colts years... (I am in no way shape or form saying that Tanny/Hartline are as good as the examples stated)
    He seemed to be just as comfortable with Gibson.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast