Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,754
    vCash
    1500

    Kobe Bryant on Deron Williams "I'd rather go 0-30, then go 0-9"

    http://dimemag.com/2014/08/kobe-says...oot-0-30-0-9/?

    Pretty interesting thought and I get what he's saying. He's saying that if you stop shooting after missing those 9 shots, then your confidence is shot. Still selfish at the end of the day if you're shooting your team out of it. If your shots off, focus on other aspects.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,434
    vCash
    1500
    Thirty-nine straight missed shots?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    ^ESPN and PSD Agrees

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,048
    vCash
    1500
    Critical difference. It would be pretty damn shameful for your point guard to act that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    9,684
    vCash
    1500
    just shows how selfish he is, i mean why not start using that energy on defense and passing. 0-30 is ridiculous level of selfishness.
    "My hate for this clown grows every second when he speaks and I'm eating I put my food down because I don't want to throw up it's sickning." - BklynKnicks3


    Legendary stuff.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    2,794
    vCash
    1500
    He's talking more about confidence then the shots..

    Your baby can't do this

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arco
    Posts
    4,767
    vCash
    1500
    This is an exaggeration to put emphasis on a point, example, "the Catholic church under Pope Benedict raped like a million kids"

    Clearly they didn't rape that many (I hope) but it's to get a point across.. Clearly Kobe wouldn't go to the extent of 30 shots but he felt Dwill lost confidence and you can't do that

    Let's not bash Kobe for this.. beyond stupid
    Last edited by Sactown; 08-27-2014 at 06:49 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    15,564
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    just shows how selfish he is, i mean why not start using that energy on defense and passing. 0-30 is ridiculous level of selfishness.
    You should listen to Sactown

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,048
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah I don't care for Kobe but he's got a fair point.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    tdot
    Posts
    18,124
    vCash
    1500
    hes just basically saying that shooters keep shooting... cant let a slump effect you.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    tdot
    Posts
    18,124
    vCash
    1500
    dp
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 08-27-2014 at 06:56 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    21,133
    vCash
    1000
    It is the coachea responsibility to prevent someone from chucking their way to 0-30... the shooter has to always trust his shot and take it when open.. Kobe... as usual.... is right.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,371
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown:28972856
    This is an exaggeration to put emphasis on a point, example, "the Catholic church under Pope Benedict raped like a million kids"

    Clearly they didn't rape that many (I hope) but it's to get a point across.. Clearly Kobe wouldn't go to the extent of 30 shots but he felt Dwill lost confidence and you can't do that

    Let's not bash Kobe for this.. beyond stupid
    Only valley girls like exaggerate to like that extent.

    This douche has been blunt and very straight forward with the media his entire career. I don't see this as an exaggeration. I believe he would really rather miss 30 straight than go 0 for 9
    TWINSIES!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,048
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Method28 View Post
    Only valley girls like exaggerate to like that extent.

    This douche has been blunt and very straight forward with the media his entire career. I don't see this as an exaggeration. I believe he would really rather miss 30 straight than go 0 for 9
    Probably a little truth here too LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,780
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    just shows how selfish he is, i mean why not start using that energy on defense and passing. 0-30 is ridiculous level of selfishness.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    It is the coachea responsibility to prevent someone from chucking their way to 0-30... the shooter has to always trust his shot and take it when open.. Kobe... as usual.... is right.
    yeah. and this comment is about principal. he's never been 0-30 bad. even in game 7 of the 2010 finals when he shot 6-24 he still got to the line for 15 FTA and got 15 rebounds (historically excellent for a SG in a close out NBA finals game) [what a rebound hog didn't he know he had Gasol, Odom and Bynum on his team?]. i guess out rebounding three out of the five boston starters in KG, Allen and Rasheed in a series where the winner of the glass won every game is totally irrelevant? kobe even on his worst shooting night found other ways to get it done; he succeeded because the mentality that he's alluding to in this quote was on full display in other ways.

    it's about principal.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,406
    vCash
    500
    I don't quite think it's black and white. At a certain point you do have to realize it's not your day and perhaps adjust things slightly...but at the same time, things can turn around in an instant and you have to have confidence in yourself (especially if you're a great player). If you're missing everything 30 shots is just brutal...but if you are 0-9 early in the game it isn't necessarily right to just give up shooting. It's kinda a silly thing to argue in the end -- or at least how it was stated -- because 0-9 is obviously far better than 0-30.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •