What players in the White Sox organization would you consider part of their core over the next 5 years? Here are my core players
1. Chris Sale SP- Top 3 pitcher in the game, ace for years to come on a ridiculously cheap contract.
2. Jose Abreu 1B- Showed this year he can be an offensive force in the middle of the lineup and play a decent 1B.
3. Jose Quintana SP- A very good SP (top 20ish) and should be a very good #2 starter on a very team friendly deal.
4. Avisail Garcia OF- Still just 22 years old and has shown the ability to hit for power and play average or slightly above average.
5. Adam Eaton OF- A leadoff hitter the Sox haven't had in a very long time. If he can stay healthy, he will be at the top for a long time.
6. Carlos Rodon SP- Drafted #3 overall this season and already in AAA with the possibility of coming up this season. Should be in the rotation by late June at the very latest. Was called the best college pitcher coming out since David Price. Could add another ace to this staff with Sale.
One guys who should still be here for at least the start of next season and is still part of the core is Alexei Ramirez, but that could change if the right offer comes along.
I think you add in guys on the active roster that will be here are Connor Gillaspie, Carlos Sanchez, Jake Petricka and Daniel Webb, but I wouldn't put them as core players.
Some guys who I think could be core players in the near future are Micah Johnson, Tim Anderson, Tyler Danish, Francellis Montas and Courtney Hawkins.
Guys like Marcus Semien, Matt Davidson, Rangel Ravelo, Andy Wilkins and Chris Beck could have an impact as soon as next season.