Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

I feel bad for Wiggins. Should NBA change the rules for rookies ?

I feel for the kid.. I know some of you will say things like "hes making millions playing a sport he loves" but thats not the point, when was the last time a first overall pick was in limbo??

Wiggins looked very upset and or sad almost during this interview. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy8IpEJ2w9I things like this can get to young players head. How does the media possibly effect a players psyche ?

I understand that LBJ and his decisions have a huge impact on teams and the movement of players.. But the "classy" media really had a field day on this and I cant help but feel for these young players who are just trying to find there place in the league. Should the NBA change the rules for rookies and them being able to be traded for a certain period of time?? Seeing how teams who are in "win now mode" will possibly want to trade them I think its only fair to do so, so that players arent in limbo and to prevent a similar situation from happening again??

vCash
    no

vCash
    I think the simple solution would be to give rookies veto power on their own trades for the first season at least. Most of the time the players will agree to the trade because they want to be wanted. At least it gives them the option though in scenarios where they may get screwed over.

vCash
    What about players that get drafted then traded right away or picked then traded draft night? They should have a say too? Maybe we should let the players all be free agents and sign whereever they want to play every year.

vCash
    i like him better in minny i think cavs would have been less patient with him,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixers247 View Post
    What about players that get drafted then traded right away or picked then traded draft night? They should have a say too? Maybe we should let the players all be free agents and sign whereever they want to play every year.
    No. I think it would be fair to say draft night trades are all good. But give a time period. Like say within 24 hours of the draft a rookie isn't traded, he gains veto power for one season. Gives them time to mentally adjust without being jerked around. It's unfair that the league treats the players as purely pawns and assets, with no consideration for the human side of it. They are still people. Rookies have a hard time adjusting as it is.

vCash
    Most fans don't realize this, but..

The NBA is a business.. Most businesses don't stop to think, "wait a minute, I hope I don't hurt this guys feelings.."

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    I don't feel bad for him at all.

1. He was the #1 overall pick.
    2. He's going to make millions.
    3. He's got all the opportunity to become a superstar in Minnesota. If he really is going to give it his all and become an elite player than Minnesota will prove he's got it. Now he's gotta put the work in.

Where is the crime again? That he had to do an awkward interview?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post

The NBA is a business.. Most businesses don't stop to think, "wait a minute, I hope I don't hurt this guys feelings.."
    Actually the best businesses DO indeed care about the feelings/thoughts of their workers. This is a misguided notion that business HAS to or SHOULD be run this way.

vCash
    That interview was just painful for wiggins. The Cavs Pr should've told him how to answer the question if ask about the trade. which should been something like "Well it's out of my hand, I can only control what I can control which staying in shape and getting ready for the upcoming season. The rest is up to management."

Anyway Wiggins is in a better position in minny, He have a team of his own now and doesn't have to live under LeBron's shadow. HE BE AIGHT

To your question: I think teams should be allow to trade rights, but once they sign you can't trade them til January 15. ( It doest have to be that specific date, but u know why i mean)
    Last edited by lamzoka; 08-27-2014 at 01:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I don't feel bad for him at all.

1. He was the #1 overall pick.
    2. He's going to make millions.
    3. He's got all the opportunity to become a superstar in Minnesota. If he really is going to give it his all and become an elite player than Minnesota will prove he's got it. Now he's gotta put the work in.

Where is the crime again? That he had to do an awkward interview?
    The good ol "Oh he'll be completely fine, he makes millions". These statements are troubling to me. It shows how far the human collective psyche has declined as we have advanced in other ways.

vCash
    He's fine...one awkward month is nothing. This is a rare occurrence anyway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post

BINGO

Also, what about when these guys become free agents and leave teams in limbo for sometimes months ?? Are they considering the "teams feelings?"

vCash
    Why should anyone care about his feelings? More importantly, why would someone in such a fortunate position in the first place be so downtrodden ?

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Why should anyone care about his feelings? More importantly, why would someone in such a fortunate position in the first place be so downtrodden ?
    Yup. They should become robots because all that matters in life is money.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast