Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Josh Gordon's to have ban reduced

Gordon's suspension is effective immediately, and he will have to apply for reinstatement following the season.

The NFL upheld its season-long suspension of Browns star receiver Josh Gordon on Wednesday.
    Gordon, who led the NFL in receiving yards last season, issued an apology in a statement released by the NFL Players' Association.

"I'd like to apologize to my teammates, coaches, the Cleveland Browns organization and our fans," Gordon said in the statement. "I am very disappointed that the NFL and its hearing office didn't exercise better discretion and judgment in my case. I would like to sincerely thank the people who have been incredibly supportive of me during this challenging time, including my family, my agent, my union, my legal team, and the Cleveland Browns staff."
    https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...68596338171904

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ended-one-year
    Last edited by Vinny642; 08-27-2014 at 01:09 PM.
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Finally that's over with. Manziel should be happy. He'll be given the keys to the franchise at some point and they'll have two top 10 first round picks to use.
    Studs

vCash
    Boooooo.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    I have no problem with this didn't he violated this two times before already? If you're making millions of dollars and still doing the same crap that got you in trouble before it's your fault and even if it was 2nd hand smoke why be around that?

Your Moms Best Friend.

vCash
    Him putting blame on the NFL is a joke
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny642 View Post
    Him putting blame on the NFL is a joke
    When you screw up badly you get desperate. I wonder what his future entails..
    Studs

vCash
    He's disappointed in the NFL???????

Give me a break.... his teammates, fans, and family are disappointed in him for his poor judgment. The guy has so much potential and he's just pissing it away, it's mind boggling.

Athletes in the NFL get away with so much, I'm glad the NFL didn't ease up on the punishment this time -- Hopefully the 1 year ban gives this moron a chance to put his life into perspective, and makes him appreciate the opportunities he has if he just concentrates on work and surrounds himself with positive people

vCash
    This is awful

vCash

Josh Gordon's appeal is upheld and will serve a 1 year suspension

Big Ben: 6 games for accusations
    Ray Rice: 2 games for knocking his woman out
    Josh Gordon: 1 year for ( second hand smoke and DUI prob )

vCash
    Yea I don't think anyone can really be upset about this. I get that pot is being legalized and everything, but its clearly spelled out in the collective bargaining agreement that if you're blood test reveals X amount of pot (I don't know the exact measurement), you've violated the drug policy. And its clearly spelled out how long of suspension you receive teach time. Poor judgement on the players part.

The only legitimate beef I think Browns fans or Gordon's camp can really have is that it took so long to complete. The suspension is technically one calendar year, so if they hold that to the word of the law, he technically has to miss basically everything in the offseason, including most of the preseason. Had they moved more quickly, he technically would have been reinstated early in camp. I hope that's why they put the wording in that he has to apply for reinstatement after the season, so that the league's delay in the hearing doesn't cost Gordon more time with the team than it should have.

vCash
    And honestly there's nothing wrong with smoking a blunt!!!! It's a medicine!!! this is how it's classified.
    Schedule I

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:

heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-meth methamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote

go read it for yourself

http://www.justice.gov/dea/druginfo/ds.shtml

Thank you Obama for cutting federal funds on medical marijuanna raids!!!!

vCash
    This is ridiculous. Awful ruling by NFL. I guess wife-beating isn't as bad as second hand pot smoke?!?

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Big Ben: 6 games for accusations
    Ray Rice: 2 games for knocking his woman out
    Josh Gordon: 1 year for ( second hand smoke and DUI prob )
    Why can't people grasp the fact that this wasn't his first positive test? If this was the 2nd or 3rd time Ray Rice beat his wife he would be suspended for a year too (at least a year).

It's seriously a shame that he can't stay away from weed when you have an opportunity to make millions of dollars in a sports you won't be able to play in your mid 30's. Get off the weed, make your money, and when you retire you can smoke all the weed you can.

vCash
    Just let the kids play!

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    Why can't people grasp the fact that this wasn't his first positive test? If this was the 2nd or 3rd time Ray Rice beat his wife he would be suspended for a year too (at least a year).

It's seriously a shame that he can't stay away from weed when you have an opportunity to make millions of dollars in a sports you won't be able to play in your mid 30's. Get off the weed, make your money, and when you retire you can smoke all the weed you can.
    We grasp that it's not his first time but even then I think he should have gotten at least a 10 game suspension along with the other stuff . Ray Rice rather it's the 1st time or not 2 games isn't enough at least 5 to 8 games at most fits the crime especially with evidence shown . I think hitting a woman is worse than a 2nd or 3rd time smoking weed and not only that Gordon reportedly passed 70 test out of the one he was caught on . Not only that how does Big Ben get suspended 6 games with no evidence and Ray gets suspended 2 with evidence ? Be consistent that's all im asking . Goodell has don't a non impressive job as commish , Justin Blackmon on the other is somebody I feel deserve the suspension he's getting .

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast