Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Steve Ballmer Extends Doc Rivers through 2018-2019 Season

http://www.nba.com/clippers/pr-140827

Finally an owner willing to pay the big bucks for coaches! Got right down to business.

This is an important day for this organization,” Clippers owner Steve Ballmer said. “I am excited to work with Doc for a long time as we build a championship culture that will deliver results both on and off the court. Not only is Doc one of the best coaches and executives in the game, but he continually embodies the hard core, committed and resilient character and winning culture that the Clippers represent. It was one of my top priorities to ensure that he was firmly in place as the long-term leader of this team.”

Rivers also commented on the extension;

“Steve has shown a clear and determined desire to make the Clippers one of the most elite, first-class and championship organizations in all of professional sports,” Rivers said. “We know we have work to do to get there, but I am motivated by the challenge and thankful for the opportunity to stand together with Steve as we continue to move toward our goal of winning an NBA title.”

vCash
    Ballmer definitely stepping up. 5 year extension... that didn't take long.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    Good move

vCash
    5 years 50M I heard

vCash
    Ballmer must-have really appreciated Docs face time

vCash
    Good move. If DeAndre Jordan learns how to shoot free throws/develops any kind of offensive game the Clippers might be contenders this year.

vCash
    I really like the move. It's great to show commiment like this! However I share the OP's feelings that Doc is not doing a great job as GM/VP. I'd rather see someone else in there making player personnel moves. The Bledsoe and now Dudley trades by Doc get very low grades from me.

vCash
    Doc deserves a bit of a pay day after dealing with all the Sterling drama

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    He won't finish that contract...

ZERO chance

vCash
    he might, especially if CP3 is there another 5 years. i agree that the bledsoe trade was bad, the hawes signing was nice though and JJ Redick has been good for them. I honestly don't think any single person can be a fully dedicated coach and gm because both are full time jobs. he should go the popovich route and hire a GM that will work directly with him.

vCash
    Let me be the first to say it. Honestly I think the Clips win a title before that deal is up. Love the move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post

ZERO chance
    Lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post

ZERO chance
    unless there is a rift between he and the players or management I don't see why he wouldn't finish that contract out. any reason you think he's heading out early?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cmellofan15 View Post
    unless there is a rift between he and the players or management I don't see why he wouldn't finish that contract out. any reason you think he's heading out early?
    This.

Why on earth would Doc leave this situation? He's the head coach, and he has full roster control. He has as much power and stability as anyone in the NBA can reasonably expect to have as a Head Coach. And now he's backed by one of the Wealthiest owners in the NBA that has basically given him his full support.

Doc would be insane to leave this situation, and if he did it would be because Ballmer wanted him gone. Walk away from $10M/year? To go where? And in what role?

Doc finishes the contract unless Ballmer decides he can't do the job anymore.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    Doc will be asked to leave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast