Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

vCash

Offseason

Frank and Freddie on the hot seat?

http://www.talkingchop.com/2014/8/23...ffs-are-missed

I'd be shocked if either one of them is fired. It doesn't seem like a "braves" thing to do.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

vCash
    Apparently the red sox are hot after jason heyward.

http://tomahawktake.com/2014/08/25/t...jason-heyward/

These may be his last 30 games in a braves uniform.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    Apparently the red sox are hot after jason heyward.

http://tomahawktake.com/2014/08/25/t...jason-heyward/

These may be his last 30 games in a braves uniform.
    I love Jason Heyward and he's probably the most valuable guy on the team and he's not even in his prime yet, with that on mind I would like to rape the Red Sox on a trade, they have a very good core of prospects. Even if we trade Heyward this team can compete at least for a wildcard spot for the next 5 years so I would like MLB ready prospects or established players. Allen Craig trade value is really low right now, this has been a lost season for him because struggles and injuries but I believe he's a very good hitter, he's a below average defender in the OF but his offensive production is so good that make him a 2 win player, the Red Sox have already a surplus of outfielders with Cespedes, Castillo, Craig, Victorino, Betts, Bradley jr. So I have to believe they will be willing to move Craig. He's owned 5.5M next year, 9M in 2016, 11M in 2017 and a 13M option for 2018. He's cheap for next year and very affordable for 2016 if he comes back to what he was in STL, if he becomes a burden after 2016 it won't be hard to trade him with only 1 year under contract. Craig alone won't net the Sox Heyward so I would take one of Betts or Bradley to make the deal even. Maybe the Red Sox are reluctant to make that trade but I think it will be close, Craig and Betts/Bradley Jr for Heyward will give us a cheap option in CF who is nearly ready to play everyday and a power hitting RF who's affordable. I would make this trade.

vCash
    With all the talk about Gattis being traded (which I hope not he is my favorite Brave) I have a few questions:
    1-who is the most likely trade partner
    2-what would we get in return

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballislife7 View Post
    With all the talk about Gattis being traded (which I hope not he is my favorite Brave) I have a few questions:
    1-who is the most likely trade partner
    2-what would we get in return
    1. Almost any AL team
    2. A very good return, he's similar to Mark Trumbo in terms of power, walks and strikeouts and he plays a premium position and is under control for one more year.

The angels got Hector Santiago and Tyler Skaggs for him, two very good mlb ready pitchers. I expect something like that for Gattis.

vCash
    Something has got to happen if this team misses the play-offs. Be disappointed if Wren gets canned though.

This is shaping up to be one of the most interesting off-seasons though. J-hey/EOB/B.J all on the trade block? Talk about a massive overhaul.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Something has got to happen if this team misses the play-offs. Be disappointed if Wren gets canned though.

This is shaping up to be one of the most interesting off-seasons though. J-hey/EOB/B.J all on the trade block? Talk about a massive overhaul.
    Of the players not locked up, I really hope we keep one of Jason or Justin. I know we probably won't keep both of them and I'm not sure which I would prefer. Jason has the better D but man Justin can flat out rake....

vCash
    I am a fan of moving Heyward and keeping Justin. Justin is barely older, but has produced in the middle of the lineup, giving ATL a LH-RH combo at the 3-4 spots. I like that.

Heyward could still fetch a good haul, too. JBJ & Craig could fill C.F. and LF after a possible BJ trade/dump. Justin could then move back to RF.

Swap BJ for Edwin and the offseason could be exciting.....

vCash
    Now is the time to trade EOB. Evan is approaching his age 30 season and his large frame may not hold up as an everyday catcher. We are sailing high, we have a ready replacement and the possibility of adding some top talent.

If trading Heyward nets Jackie Bradley Jr. then I'm good with that. However, I'm not sold on Allen Craig. Maybe we move La Stella to left and bring Peraza up to play second. A lineup with Bradley, La Stella, and Peraza would be fast.
    Last edited by deca_x; 08-27-2014 at 09:36 PM.

vCash
    It's a shame there isn't a DH in both leagues. We could have the best catching combo in the MLB along with a dangerous DH. Since that probably isn't coming to a NL team near you for a while trading EOB is probably a safe bet with his size. You just hope CB doesn't come in and get hurt. Then where do you turn? If we do trade him we better lock up JUP for the near future, if we don't we lose our best two RH hitters within two years. Lot of intrigue this off season. I hope we can get more than Jackie Bradley Jr in the off season though fellows. I know he is young but the guy looks to be a glove guy that is going to struggle with the bat. I know its limited ab's but 1 k for every 3.1 AB's. We already have a CF that is pretty close to those numbers.

vCash
    If the braves miss the playoffs Wren and Fredi are fired. Wren deserves to be fired more then Fredi. Wren signed the worse player in baseball history BJ upton= epic fail, resigned Uggla = fail, signed Derek Lowe = another fail. You cant strike out on starting players and hope what saves you your job is bringing in bullpen arms. The new gm will also be able to bring in his own guy as manager. I already think Braves have the new gm in house if John Hart wants the job. If not would Bobby Cox want to get back in the game as a gm I doubt it but you would have to ask.

As for Trading Heyward he will be worth a lot more then a player like Jackie Bradley and on top of that Bradely is probably not a fit on the braves with peraza ready to take over now or in the near future at leadoff. The braves are going to want more of a run producing threat with Peraza, bethancourt, simmons, BJ Upton (or whoever replaces him) not being run producers.

As for Lastella he is either traded or becomes a bench bat because his bat is not good enough to stick in the outfield.

vCash
    everyone needs to read this article to see how silly it is to stick lastella in the outfield

http://www.talkingchop.com/2014/8/19...ommy-la-stella

vCash
    what braves could get for heyward can be best seen in what the redsox had to trade for adrian gonzalez. I would say heyward value is higher then what Adrian price was. considering Adrian could only play 1B so that cut down on the teams that he fit with.

for adrian gonzalez redsox had to trade the #2 prospect SP Casey Kelly and #9 prospect OF Reymond Fuentes (who was just called up by the padres)

it would take the redsox Garin Cecchini, 3B, and SP like Brandon Workman at minimum

vCash
    I was thinking Mookie Betts of/2b, Garin Ceachini 3b, and minor league rhp Matt Barnes for Jason Hayward..

Quote Originally Posted by wcg View Post
    what braves could get for heyward can be best seen in what the redsox had to trade for adrian gonzalez. I would say heyward value is higher then what Adrian price was. considering Adrian could only play 1B so that cut down on the teams that he fit with.

for adrian gonzalez redsox had to trade the #2 prospect SP Casey Kelly and #9 prospect OF Reymond Fuentes (who was just called up by the padres)

it would take the redsox Garin Cecchini, 3B, and SP like Brandon Workman at minimum

vCash
    possible for heyward plus someone else but cant see it for heyward alone but maybe. although looking at the class of free agents this offseason it should further increase the value of heyward. I also would not be surprised if the redsox are not the team he is dealt to. I really think the new gm depending on where he comes from will have a huge impact on what team gets heyward.
    Last edited by wcg; 08-28-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast