Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    Arizona Fall League Cubs players announced: C.J. Edwards, Addison Russell, Dan Vogelbach, Zach Cates, Ivan Pineyro, Gerardo Concepcion, Jacob Hannemann (taxi squad)

vCash
    Wow surprised Almora or Schwarber weren't added to the list

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    Almora is a bit surprising, but not Schwarber. He has already played a ton of games this year; many of them as a catcher. Let him rest up a bit and work on his catching in Instructs.

vCash
    I really hope Edwards performs well, I'd love to see him start at AAA if he shows he can be dominant
    The Future...
    Is Bright!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    Schwarber this year in milb + at Indiana: 120g, 543pa
    Almora this year in a+ & aa: 119g, 504pa

I'm surprised by inclusion of Cates most, also Pineyro & Concepcion a little bit. All 3 are rule 5 eligible. Pineyro could use some innings for sure.

vCash
    Does this mean Schwarber is still viewed by the cubs as a catching possibility? Maybe they wanted
    him in AZ instructs working on his technique and catching skills. It would be huge if he turned out to be average behind the plate.

vCash
    Good point on Schwarber, he signed really early and him playing catcher probably means he needs more rest then most. Would have been nice to see Pierce Johnson on the list after his injury this year but whatever.

vCash
    They might appear. But now it's a, who will bust in the MLB and never adjust?
    Or just who gets traded since that is probably going to happen to someone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I wouldn't say probably. "Maybe" is likely the better word to use here. I could be wrong but unless they're hot after Stanton/Hamels this offseason, keeping all of those guys around and going after SP via FA seems like a more realistic route to me.

I think out of the top players in our system, Schwarber would be the most likely to be dealt (if it turns out he can't stick at Catcher). Possibly Almora too if Alcantara proves to be able to lock down that position first.
    Last edited by TimbrH2001; 08-26-2014 at 08:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Without being a complete prospect hoarder it's like playing with fire figuring out which one to center a deal around though. I've always kept the mindset that the important part of the farm which is just as big if not bigger is it allows you to be competitive if the chance comes to acquire on field ML talent in a trade.

If you had your best guess as to who is the most untouchable who would it be? I'd go between Russell and Bryant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    Without being a complete prospect hoarder it's like playing with fire figuring out which one to center a deal around though. I've always kept the mindset that the important part of the farm which is just as big if not bigger is it allows you to be competitive if the chance comes to acquire on field ML talent in a trade.

If you had your best guess as to who is the most untouchable who would it be? I'd go between Russell and Bryant.
    I absolutely expect the Cubs to use some of the minor league talent, even top end talent, to get major league talent. I completely agree with you on the system being very important to acquire major league talent. As for who should go or who is the most likely not to be the guy people expect him to be, that is what the FO has to determine. And I have faith in this FO to make the correct move.

vCash
    Maybe the best way to acquire major league talent from prospects is to just have so many goddamn great ones you can survive any attrition the universe could possibly throw at you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post

I'd say Russell - Bryant - Soler in that order.

vCash
    Russell pinch hit tonight, so that's fantastic news after he had a splint on his thumb last night.

Almora doubled and tripled as well.

Zastryzny had 9 K's in 5 innings.

Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast