Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

NFL Players would welcome full HGH testing if....

They got fully guaranteed contracts.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ere-guaranteed

Like? Dislike? Would it happen?

vCash
    They might even stop smoking weed if they get all the guaranteed money the day they sign the contract....

LOL What a joke. I hope you would be okay with drug testing if you were getting guaranteed million dollar contracts.

It would mean smaller and shorter contracts to the players. Especially the ones at the bottom.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind smaller contracts up to a certain amount of money being fully guaranteed in a way that doesn't count against the cap if they were to be released.
    Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko 1h

#Patriots are 9-2 and their second highest paid player this season is Aaron Hernandez. Let that sink in.

vCash
    lol..."we'd support more strict testing if we were fully guaranteed our contracts so that we can continue to be paid if/when we break the rules."

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    Yeah just let me put a little clause in there saying if you get caught w hgh or weed poof money is gone

vCash
    A lot of HGH dealers are really scared right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    They got fully guaranteed contracts.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ere-guaranteed

Like? Dislike? Would it happen?
    According to me, If the NFL really does care about player safety they will ban HGH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinWallin View Post
    According to me, If the NFL really does care about player safety they will ban HGH.
    I believe it is banned, the NFLPA will not allow the testing.
    HGH testing was part of the 2011 collective bargaining agreement between the NFL and its players. But HGH testing has not been implemented because the NFLPA wants commissioner Roger Goodell to surrender his authority over player discipline appeals.

vCash
    Kind of confused by that quote^^ as well. If its in the CBA, isn't the NFLPA in blatant breach of it by not having it done?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Kind of confused by that quote^^ as well. If its in the CBA, isn't the NFLPA in blatant breach of it by not having it done?
    As I recall, the new CBA said that the methods, timing and details of the HGH testing were left to be worked out between the league and the union. They are still "being worked out" and will be until the union gets other desired concessions.
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinWallin View Post
    Why do you believe this? I don't know much about HGH but from what I understand there are a lot of benefits to allowing players to use it especially for a player's health and safety.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    As I recall, the new CBA said that the methods, timing and details of the HGH testing were left to be worked out between the league and the union. They are still "being worked out" and will be until the union gets other desired concessions.
    Makes sense

vCash
    Has the NFL made a rule that makes it mandatory for offensive players to use HGH while defensive players receive a fine?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    I wouldn't mind smaller contracts up to a certain amount of money being fully guaranteed in a way that doesn't count against the cap if they were to be released.

That's all fully guaranteed contracts would be.. Instead of 7 years 96 million with 40 million guaranteed, Peterson gets a 3 year, 40 mil guaranteed deal.

Same money would go to players, 48% or whatever of total revenue. So either way Team x has 133 million to spend on it's players. Granted if they are still paying Ladainian Tomlinson 10 mil a year on his contract since they guaranteed it, it means that's 10 mil less for current players to make. That's the only difference, guaranteed contracts would mean more of the cap would be spent on players no longer in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsnake View Post
    That's all fully guaranteed contracts would be.. Instead of 7 years 96 million with 40 million guaranteed, Peterson gets a 3 year, 40 mil guaranteed deal.

Same money would go to players, 48% or whatever of total revenue. So either way Team x has 133 million to spend on it's players. Granted if they are still paying Ladainian Tomlinson 10 mil a year on his contract since they guaranteed it, it means that's 10 mil less for current players to make. That's the only difference, guaranteed contracts would mean more of the cap would be spent on players no longer in the league.
    That's not at all what I meant. I literally meant smaller contracts like 2 years 2.6m for a role player who hasn't made a lot of money and won't make a lot in his career. If the player did something stupid like get caught smoking weed or doing PEDs and were released then I would be ok with the money not being guaranteed besides not touching the cap.
    Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko 1h

#Patriots are 9-2 and their second highest paid player this season is Aaron Hernandez. Let that sink in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast