Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    17,173
    vCash
    1500

    NFL Players would welcome full HGH testing if....

    They got fully guaranteed contracts.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ere-guaranteed

    Like? Dislike? Would it happen?


    Ok Trent, so the doorway out is that way?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,706
    vCash
    500
    They might even stop smoking weed if they get all the guaranteed money the day they sign the contract....

    LOL What a joke. I hope you would be okay with drug testing if you were getting guaranteed million dollar contracts.

    It would mean smaller and shorter contracts to the players. Especially the ones at the bottom.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    16,434
    vCash
    1500
    I wouldn't mind smaller contracts up to a certain amount of money being fully guaranteed in a way that doesn't count against the cap if they were to be released.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    38,538
    vCash
    1750
    lol..."we'd support more strict testing if we were fully guaranteed our contracts so that we can continue to be paid if/when we break the rules."

    NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    72,202
    vCash
    785
    Yeah just let me put a little clause in there saying if you get caught w hgh or weed poof money is gone

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    89,570
    vCash
    1777
    A lot of HGH dealers are really scared right now.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    55
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    They got fully guaranteed contracts.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ere-guaranteed

    Like? Dislike? Would it happen?
    According to me, If the NFL really does care about player safety they will ban HGH.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    17,173
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinWallin View Post
    According to me, If the NFL really does care about player safety they will ban HGH.
    I believe it is banned, the NFLPA will not allow the testing.
    HGH testing was part of the 2011 collective bargaining agreement between the NFL and its players. But HGH testing has not been implemented because the NFLPA wants commissioner Roger Goodell to surrender his authority over player discipline appeals.


    Ok Trent, so the doorway out is that way?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    17,173
    vCash
    1500
    Kind of confused by that quote^^ as well. If its in the CBA, isn't the NFLPA in blatant breach of it by not having it done?


    Ok Trent, so the doorway out is that way?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,767
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Kind of confused by that quote^^ as well. If its in the CBA, isn't the NFLPA in blatant breach of it by not having it done?
    As I recall, the new CBA said that the methods, timing and details of the HGH testing were left to be worked out between the league and the union. They are still "being worked out" and will be until the union gets other desired concessions.
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

    People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Philly
    Posts
    2,341
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinWallin View Post
    According to me, If the NFL really does care about player safety they will ban HGH.
    Why do you believe this? I don't know much about HGH but from what I understand there are a lot of benefits to allowing players to use it especially for a player's health and safety.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    17,173
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    As I recall, the new CBA said that the methods, timing and details of the HGH testing were left to be worked out between the league and the union. They are still "being worked out" and will be until the union gets other desired concessions.
    Makes sense


    Ok Trent, so the doorway out is that way?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,466
    vCash
    500
    Has the NFL made a rule that makes it mandatory for offensive players to use HGH while defensive players receive a fine?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,665
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    I wouldn't mind smaller contracts up to a certain amount of money being fully guaranteed in a way that doesn't count against the cap if they were to be released.


    That's all fully guaranteed contracts would be.. Instead of 7 years 96 million with 40 million guaranteed, Peterson gets a 3 year, 40 mil guaranteed deal.

    Same money would go to players, 48% or whatever of total revenue. So either way Team x has 133 million to spend on it's players. Granted if they are still paying Ladainian Tomlinson 10 mil a year on his contract since they guaranteed it, it means that's 10 mil less for current players to make. That's the only difference, guaranteed contracts would mean more of the cap would be spent on players no longer in the league.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    16,434
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsnake View Post
    That's all fully guaranteed contracts would be.. Instead of 7 years 96 million with 40 million guaranteed, Peterson gets a 3 year, 40 mil guaranteed deal.

    Same money would go to players, 48% or whatever of total revenue. So either way Team x has 133 million to spend on it's players. Granted if they are still paying Ladainian Tomlinson 10 mil a year on his contract since they guaranteed it, it means that's 10 mil less for current players to make. That's the only difference, guaranteed contracts would mean more of the cap would be spent on players no longer in the league.
    That's not at all what I meant. I literally meant smaller contracts like 2 years 2.6m for a role player who hasn't made a lot of money and won't make a lot in his career. If the player did something stupid like get caught smoking weed or doing PEDs and were released then I would be ok with the money not being guaranteed besides not touching the cap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •