Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Should we keep Cespedes?

We all know where this team is headed this offseason. This team is looking to compete in 2015. So my ? is should we keep Cespedes. Yeah you could make a case about his .250 BA and his low OBP, however this guy drives in a lot of runs. I believe ESPN said he has drove in 19 Runs since the trade. You could make the case that increases his value, but I say keep him. This team as of now has trouble driving in runs.

vCash
    I think that the answer to the question is simply, "it depends." Power is at a premium so you don't just give him away BUT he also doesn't fit the Sox style so you don't needlessly hold onto him either. With only a year left I would be open to moving him if he was important to getting a longer term asset but I would not necessarily shop him.

vCash
    Dependant on his asking price. He has a great arm for left field if he stays there. I think if he could be a 6th hitter on a good team it would help him out tremendously. Question is how much are you willing to cough up vs how much is he asking.

I would probably throw a 4yr/48-52 million dollar contract his way.
    Boston Sports!!

vCash
    $11-14 mil AAV? Sure. He's a decent cleanup guy if nothing else comes along.

vCash
    I say we keep him

vCash
    Extend and/or trade

vCash
    I think you keep him. Obviously not a 20mil AAV. However i'd resign him at fair market value.

vCash
    I've already pointed out his issues, and potential issues. ST will tell a lot, maybe he learns and fits in, and wants to sign a team friendly deal at that point. They like to give out $13M deals, so add 4 x $13M to his 2015 contract ($10.5M) if you like him ($62.5M over 5 years). Take less money to mitigate risk of a poor or injury filled '15. If he gets up to wanting his deal ripped up and a 5 * $16M deal ($80M) they will have to really want him, that's probably too much.

If we don't like how he is progressing and/or he won't play ball on the deal, you start to shop him around.

Basically if the guy works out here, I want him, and if not, no. No way to know for sure, but, we have to do our best to figure it out.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 08-26-2014 at 05:14 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Cespedes is the "bridge" to Stanton IMO, but I wouldn't mind having both heading into 20"16."

LF Stanton
    CF Castillo
    RF Cespedes

Miami eventually absorbs Bradley, Betts and Bogaerts but to showcase that outfield... DO IT. There would be absolute cannons for arms in the outfield corners and about 75+ hrs from our outfield offence as a whole.

vCash
    I'm hopeful we can. We need offense. Napoli/Ortiz/Craig/Pedroia are ancients soon.

vCash
    I think we should. Guy could be a cornerstone for our outfield going forward.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    I'm hopeful we can. We need offense. Napoli/Ortiz/Craig/Pedroia are ancients soon.
    I don't consider Craig at 29 to be "ancient" any time soon. He's playing a corner spot and basically signed through his prime years without a season beyond. The concern with him is whether he ever re-emerges as the hitter he was last year but I don't think that's age related.

vCash
    Yes please, and get rid of Allen Craig please.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Craigs been hurt this year. He will be better next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    Craigs been hurt this year. He will be better next year.
    That's what his well wishers said after '13, and after '12 too.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast