Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Jordan Palmer

vCash

Jordan Palmer

Well it looks like the Bills are bringing in Jordan Palmer.

This weekend Jim Kelly tells XM radio and ESPN that he is not pleased with any of our QB's. Then Marrone tells the media he is not happy with our backup QBs. Whaleys answer is then Jordan Palmer? Maybe he didn't hear all the boooooooos on Kids Day.

vCash

Jordan Palmer

Watch him get cut after week 1, just a thought ...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Sign Tebow and salvage your season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Sign Tebow and salvage your season.

Last year, even after EJ had 3 knee surgeries, I was against the thought of bringing in Tebow. But then we got to watch the back ups play.

Now, the fact is, Tebow is more deserving of an NFL job than any of the three QB's on this team. If anyone thinks that Palmer, who hasn't thrown a pass since 2010, is better than Tebow, than you are more delusional than Bon Jovi.

When Palmer was cut, I thought the Bills should grab him just to get info on the Bears Offense, but listening to Marrone talk, he seems stupid enough to keep him as a back-up. I nearly choked on my coffee after hearing Marrone say that they went out and grabbed Palmer, before anyone else did, because they view him as a strong veteran presence to help out EJ. The Jets grab Michael Vick to help Geno. The Bills grab Palmer to help EJ. Which team do you think wants to win more after seeing this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Last year, even after EJ had 3 knee surgeries, I was against the thought of bringing in Tebow. But then we got to watch the back ups play.

Now, the fact is, Tebow is more deserving of an NFL job than any of the three QB's on this team. If anyone thinks that Palmer, who hasn't thrown a pass since 2010, is better than Tebow, than you are more delusional than Bon Jovi.

When Palmer was cut, I thought the Bills should grab him just to get info on the Bears Offense, but listening to Marrone talk, he seems stupid enough to keep him as a back-up. I nearly choked on my coffee after hearing Marrone say that they went out and grabbed Palmer, before anyone else did, because they view him as a strong veteran presence to help out EJ. The Jets grab Michael Vick to help Geno. The Bills grab Palmer to help EJ. Which team do you think wants to win more after seeing this?
    I get what you're saying, but when they say help EJ, they mean literally help EJ. Palmer is a QB coach normally. He's worked with some of the top QB's in college and coming out. It just so happens that he's been back and forth between the NFL while doing that. Whether it works or not, who knows? I just wanted to inform you of that just in case you did not know. It's what Palmer did/does while he was out of the NFL. It's actually the only QB move that the Bills have made that is getting praise around the league, for that reason. I'm indifferent about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I get what you're saying, but when they say help EJ, they mean literally help EJ. Palmer is a QB coach normally. He's worked with some of the top QB's in college and coming out. It just so happens that he's been back and forth between the NFL while doing that. Whether it works or not, who knows? I just wanted to inform you of that just in case you did not know. It's what Palmer did/does while he was out of the NFL. It's actually the only QB move that the Bills have made that is getting praise around the league, for that reason. I'm indifferent about it.
    Palmer only worked out with Blake Bortyles coming out of colllege. EJ worked with Kaepernick and other players worked out with other players and neither of this makes a difference on a Sunday afternoon.

If you look it up, Carson made it apart of his contract, that Cinci makes his younger brother the 3rd string QB. In his short time in Washington, Clinton Portis threw more passes. He went to arena league, because nobody felt he was worthy enough to "help" the QB's on their team. And he later flunked out of the Arena league as well.

The Bills need to bring someone in who can play. Whether EJ's knee gets hurt or his play is that bad, but the team needs a back up QB who can play.

And I don't know who you hear that is praising Palmer. Everything I hear is bad. Jim Kelly has even been vocal, saying he does not like any of our QB's and that includes EJ. I have heard no praise from fans or media.

Also, Buffalo coaches know what CJ can do and they know what Freddy can do. They do not need pre season to see what either of these guys bring to the table. On 3/4 of these plays during the pre season, Freddy and CJ are only in there only as a decoy. With them as decoys, the design of the play is for the defense to focus on the RB's, and for that to open up the field for EJ to use, and then be able to throw down the field. The Coaches don't want him to check down to the RB's and risk an injury to them, when like I said, they already know what are RB's can do.
    Last edited by sabres11; 08-28-2014 at 08:59 AM.

vCash
    Maybe give this guy another shot. Palmer gets a quick hook, but EJ continues to play.