Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

If Cleveland don't make the conference final.

It's unlikely, but whatever, let's be hypothetical for a moment.

Who would you like to see in the Eastern finals? What would be the most fun match up to watch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Chicago Miami would be cool
    Chicago Charlotte
    Chicago Washington
    Miami Charlotte

vCash
    Doesn't. Sorry couldn't help myself. If we are going to be hypothetical, i want to be a jackalope. Ok, done being a tool for the day. Carry on.
    Last edited by IndyRealist; 08-26-2014 at 08:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Doesn't. Sorry couldn't help myself.
    Don't is acceptable. It's the same as saying "If Cleveland do not make the conference finals", doesn't wouldn't seem right to me "If Cleveland does not make the conference finals". I thought doesn't was strictly for third person?

You're probably right though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Don't mind me, i'm in a mood this morning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Don't is acceptable. It's the same as saying "If Cleveland do not make the conference finals", doesn't wouldn't seem right to me "If Cleveland does not make the conference finals". I thought doesn't was strictly for third person?

I've done a little sports journalism over the years. It's "doesn't" in this case. When you refer to teams, the city name is always singular and the team name is almost always plural (except in a few unusual circumstances, like the Thunder). I had the same issue in my college class, and my professor reminded us constantly.

vCash
    But to get back on topic, I think Chicago would almost be a lock to make the ECF if Cleveland isn't there and as long as Rose stays healthy. Washington could feasibly get there as could Toronto and Miami under the right circumstances. I'm not as high on Charlotte as most, but I suppose they could make it. My sleeper team this year is Atlanta. People forgot how good Horford was last season, and he and Millsap should make a formidable front court duo with a really talented core around them. I could easily see that squad cracking a top 4 or 5 side and then surprising some people with a deep playoff run.

Edit: But I think this discussion will ultimately be a moot point. For Cleveland not to make the ECF, it would require at least one significant injury. Or they would just have to completely collapse against an inferior team, which I just don't see happening. On paper, that's a 60+ win basketball team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post

and english is your first language? What's your excuse then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    and english is your first language? What's your excuse then?
    "And" and "English" should both be capitalized in this sentence. Don't criticize someone else's grammar unless you're prepared to have your own grammar criticized.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    "And" and "English" should both be capitalized in this sentence. Don't criticize someone else's grammar unless you're prepared to have your own grammar criticized.

That's just an oversight, not a big deal, particulary when English isn't my first language, nice try though.

vCash
    I swear I didn't mean to start anything

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    I swear I didn't mean to start anything
    haha don't worry, some people are a little sensitive here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    That's just an oversight, not a big deal, particulary when English isn't my first language, nice try though.
    Except you just spelled "particularly" wrong and you used commas in that sentence for punctuation twice when they should have been periods. I try not to be the grammar police, but you're kind of the one who started this thing and I'm only pointing out how hypocritical you're being.

vCash
    "Doesn't"

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Except you just spelled "particularly" wrong and you used commas in that sentence for punctuation twice when they should have been periods. I try not to be the grammar police, but you're kind of the one who started this thing and I'm only pointing out how hypocritical you're being.
    Even if you still want to not notice it, I'll repeat, English isn't my first language, I speak multiples ones, so I wrote "particularly" wrong because of my french, and sorry but I don't see anything wrong with my commas.

I would like you to explain it to me doctor...
    Last edited by Iron24th; 08-26-2014 at 09:30 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast