Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Matt Prater 4 Game Suspension

He was suspended 4 games for breaking the substance abuse program for Alcohol. We have had many discussions about PEDs and weed but I cant remember anyone in the program for Alcohol. What do you guys think?

I feel it is the right thing to do. For me it doesn't matter if its legal or not. You are under contract. If you have a problem and they tell you to stop and you don't then you should pay a price.

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Let the kids play!

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    He broke the law and got a DUI that is why he was in the program. Then he broke the rules put forth by the league. Does he not get paid to follow the rules as much as play the game?

Me and my Boys.

vCash
    People are upset because of how long the NFL's "program" lasted (2-3 years or something in this case, IIRC). I think it's ridiculous that professional leagues baby their employees like this, but I guess it's good press. These are grown men, not children you teach a lesson to. If a lesson needs to be taught, that's what the US judicial system is for.

vCash
    How do we know Prater has a problem? He could of just been acting irresponsible both times.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    He was suspended 4 games for breaking the substance abuse program for Alcohol. We have had many discussions about PEDs and weed but I cant remember anyone in the program for Alcohol. What do you guys think?

I feel it is the right thing to do. For me it doesn't matter if its legal or not. You are under contract. If you have a problem and they tell you to stop and you don't then you should pay a price.
    Yeah I was pretty surprised by this, I had no idea this exists.

I was VERY surprised that they caught it on a test.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24:28965747
    How do we know Prater has a problem? He could of just been acting irresponsible both times.
    From what I have heard on local radio shows is yes he does in fact have a problem described as "bumps in the road. Bottom line he knew the rules. He knew he could get tested anytime yet he still drank.

So norm you say surprised. Do you agree with it and the punishment or disagree?

Me and my Boys.

vCash
    From what I have heard on local radio shows is yes he does in fact have a problem described as "bumps in the road. Bottom line he knew the rules. He knew he could get tested anytime yet he still drank.

If he knew these were the rules, I don't know why I would disagree. I can't say the whole policy makes a ton of sense to me but since he knew.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm:28965802

If he knew these were the rules, I don't know why I would disagree. I can't say the whole policy makes a ton of sense to me but since he knew.....
    That is how I feel. I never knew of this program. Cant say I agree with it BUT it is what it is. I wonder if they came down like they did because of the weed or legal weed fight. It doesnt matter if it is legal. You get paid tons of money. IMO it is a small price to pay to follow the rules. I do think it does in a small way take the wind out of the legal weed argument. He broke the rules little can be said about him not deserving the punishment.

Me and my Boys.

vCash
    That is how I feel. I never knew of this program. Cant say I agree with it BUT it is what it is. I wonder if they came down like they did because of the weed or legal weed fight. It doesnt matter if it is legal. You get paid tons of money. IMO it is a small price to pay to follow the rules. I do think it does in a small way take the wind out of the legal weed argument. He broke the rules little can be said about him not deserving the punishment.
    Good point burch.

vCash
    I think its crazy, I mean i get he understood the rules and all but 3 years removed from a DUI he cant sit at home and have a few beers? Thats not right...

29 Rec - 461 Yards -3 TD

vCash
    guess manning cant get away from "liquored up" kickers. first vanderjagt...now prater

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    the first one was a dui, but the article only says "charged" so I'm assuming it didn't stick

****** situation and a super strict program, but it sounds like he earned it and knew what he was getting into

oh well

take a trip to Ireland this weekend while you're on vacation, Matt. Go Knights

vCash
    Its the rules. They aren't new rules either these guys knew the rules when they came into the league. They have a conference just about drug/alcohol abuse for new players in the league.

The NFL is a business and like many businesses they don't want drugs or alcohol related to their organization on the nightly news. Why some people think that athletes should be able to do whatever they want and still be an millionaire employee is beyond me....

See how many businesses allow you fail multiple drug tests and keep your job in the real world.

vCash
    But he's just a kicker.....

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast