Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Down Yonder
    Posts
    10,230
    vCash
    1500

    Matt Prater 4 Game Suspension

    He was suspended 4 games for breaking the substance abuse program for Alcohol. We have had many discussions about PEDs and weed but I cant remember anyone in the program for Alcohol. What do you guys think?

    I feel it is the right thing to do. For me it doesn't matter if its legal or not. You are under contract. If you have a problem and they tell you to stop and you don't then you should pay a price.

    Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    45,080
    vCash
    785
    Let the kids play!

    OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

    My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Down Yonder
    Posts
    10,230
    vCash
    1500
    He broke the law and got a DUI that is why he was in the program. Then he broke the rules put forth by the league. Does he not get paid to follow the rules as much as play the game?

    Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,471
    vCash
    1500
    People are upset because of how long the NFL's "program" lasted (2-3 years or something in this case, IIRC). I think it's ridiculous that professional leagues baby their employees like this, but I guess it's good press. These are grown men, not children you teach a lesson to. If a lesson needs to be taught, that's what the US judicial system is for.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,601
    vCash
    1200
    How do we know Prater has a problem? He could of just been acting irresponsible both times.


    Just about that action boss.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    He was suspended 4 games for breaking the substance abuse program for Alcohol. We have had many discussions about PEDs and weed but I cant remember anyone in the program for Alcohol. What do you guys think?

    I feel it is the right thing to do. For me it doesn't matter if its legal or not. You are under contract. If you have a problem and they tell you to stop and you don't then you should pay a price.
    Yeah I was pretty surprised by this, I had no idea this exists.

    I was VERY surprised that they caught it on a test.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Down Yonder
    Posts
    10,230
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24:28965747
    How do we know Prater has a problem? He could of just been acting irresponsible both times.
    From what I have heard on local radio shows is yes he does in fact have a problem described as "bumps in the road. Bottom line he knew the rules. He knew he could get tested anytime yet he still drank.


    So norm you say surprised. Do you agree with it and the punishment or disagree?

    Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    From what I have heard on local radio shows is yes he does in fact have a problem described as "bumps in the road. Bottom line he knew the rules. He knew he could get tested anytime yet he still drank.


    So norm you say surprised. Do you agree with it and the punishment or disagree?
    If he knew these were the rules, I don't know why I would disagree. I can't say the whole policy makes a ton of sense to me but since he knew.....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Down Yonder
    Posts
    10,230
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm:28965802
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    From what I have heard on local radio shows is yes he does in fact have a problem described as "bumps in the road. Bottom line he knew the rules. He knew he could get tested anytime yet he still drank.


    So norm you say surprised. Do you agree with it and the punishment or disagree?
    If he knew these were the rules, I don't know why I would disagree. I can't say the whole policy makes a ton of sense to me but since he knew.....
    That is how I feel. I never knew of this program. Cant say I agree with it BUT it is what it is. I wonder if they came down like they did because of the weed or legal weed fight. It doesnt matter if it is legal. You get paid tons of money. IMO it is a small price to pay to follow the rules. I do think it does in a small way take the wind out of the legal weed argument. He broke the rules little can be said about him not deserving the punishment.

    Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    That is how I feel. I never knew of this program. Cant say I agree with it BUT it is what it is. I wonder if they came down like they did because of the weed or legal weed fight. It doesnt matter if it is legal. You get paid tons of money. IMO it is a small price to pay to follow the rules. I do think it does in a small way take the wind out of the legal weed argument. He broke the rules little can be said about him not deserving the punishment.
    Good point burch.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dirty Mitten
    Posts
    17,151
    vCash
    3542
    I think its crazy, I mean i get he understood the rules and all but 3 years removed from a DUI he cant sit at home and have a few beers? Thats not right...

    #81

    29 Rec - 461 Yards -3 TD

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Boston
    Posts
    821
    vCash
    1500
    guess manning cant get away from "liquored up" kickers. first vanderjagt...now prater

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    18,963
    vCash
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    How do we know Prater has a problem? He could of just been acting irresponsible both times.
    the first one was a dui, but the article only says "charged" so I'm assuming it didn't stick

    ****** situation and a super strict program, but it sounds like he earned it and knew what he was getting into

    oh well

    take a trip to Ireland this weekend while you're on vacation, Matt. Go Knights

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,484
    vCash
    500
    Its the rules. They aren't new rules either these guys knew the rules when they came into the league. They have a conference just about drug/alcohol abuse for new players in the league.

    The NFL is a business and like many businesses they don't want drugs or alcohol related to their organization on the nightly news. Why some people think that athletes should be able to do whatever they want and still be an millionaire employee is beyond me....

    See how many businesses allow you fail multiple drug tests and keep your job in the real world.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    45,080
    vCash
    785
    But he's just a kicker.....

    OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

    My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •