Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Matt Cassel Named Starting QB

#Vikings have done the expected & named Matt Cassel starter over rookie Teddy Bridgewater (as @JayGlazer said). Cassel gave them no choice

-Ian Rapoport twitter

No surprise, just official now.

EVERYBODY RELAX, I'M BACK!

vCash
    I like it. I'm sure we could start Teddy week 1 but I prefer the safe route with him right now after Cassel looked fairly strong in the preseason. Teddy will get his time to shine.

vCash
    It's nice having a good QB situation finally. Feel good about this year and great about our future!

EVERYBODY RELAX, I'M BACK!

vCash
    Good. Glad the team can now focus on week four of the preseason... the most important game all year!

vCash
    Well at least we will get to see a lot of Teddy this Thursday. I am a little bummed because I'm not crazy about Cassel as a starting QB but he has looked pretty good (besides Saturday's game). I really want to see Teddy go in there and tear it up and prove all his haters wrong. Maybe he can learn a little on the bench (I'm still not convinced that you can learn a whole lot from the bench).

The one thing that makes me happy about this is it clearly shows we have a good coaching staff that wants to win now and in the future and aren't trying to prove that they didn't reach to get Teddy. I think Cassel is on a short leash and we could end up seeing Teddy sooner then next year if Cassel starts playing closer to his career averages rather then what we have seen to this point in the offseason. Now I'm pumped to get this season started!!!

vCash

Matt Cassel Named Starting QB

Bummed... But it was likely the right choice..

vCash
    Anyone else noticed that Adrian Peterson was very against Teddy Bridgewater. I haven't seen anything positive he has said about Teddy whatsoever unless it was Cassel is better than Teddy but he's doin okay. I wonder how much influence he has had in his support for cassel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69:28964686
    Anyone else noticed that Adrian Peterson was very against Teddy Bridgewater. I haven't seen anything positive he has said about Teddy whatsoever unless it was Cassel is better than Teddy but he's doin okay. I wonder how much influence he has had in his support for cassel.
    Ap wants to win now. Cassell has a better chance at that
    A famous quote on PSD, from the one, the only;

CCRider

I hate to break it to ya like this amigo but nobody here is really too concerned with what you want like or need....ok? If a thread isn't for you do like everyone else, walk on by...ok?

vCash
    Actually AP has said a couple times that he thinks Bridgewater can be really good in this league. Of course he is going to feel more comfortable with Cassel because hes played with him before and he is a veteran.

Zimmer says he doesn't take players opinions into the equation which is a good thing. You pay your coaches to coach and direct the team. You pay your players to play the games.

vCash
    I too believe this is the right choice. Teddy will get his when the time is right. Had we been left with just him and Ponder we obviously know he would have won it or if Cassel would have came in and struggled it likely would be his too. Cassel had a strong off season and seems to be taking off with this new offense. Once we get AP this offense should be deadly off of play action.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    I like the decision.. Cassell has looked decent, and actually having Peterson will help anyone under center look better im thinking. I think Teddy will be the starter by the end of the season, but there is no harm in not rushing him at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan98229:28964666
    bummed... But it was likely the right choice..
    x2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    I like the decision.. Cassell has looked decent, and actually having Peterson will help anyone under center look better im thinking. I think Teddy will be the starter by the end of the season, but there is no harm in not rushing him at this point.
    If Teddy is the started by end of season that means A) cassel is hurt B) the season is lost. Sucks I have to root for Teddy not to have a reason to play.

Trade cassel to the rams!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    If Teddy is the started by end of season that means A) cassel is hurt B) the season is lost. Sucks I have to root for Teddy not to have a reason to play.

Trade cassel to the rams!
    C) Cassel has sucked but AD and the defense has helped us win games

vCash
    I just hope that when Cassel makes a bad play or two that we don't rush to the "Teddy, Teddy" chants, lol. We need support Cassel and I'd say after 4 or 5 games if he isn't impressing then we may see a change. Somewhat like we saw with Ponder last year. Think we gave him 3 games.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast