Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Maybe the Mets should have signed this guy for SS...

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...38&position=SS

What an unbelievable season he has had. .266/.339/.460(125 wRC+) with 18 HR and 4.6 fWAR.

A vast majority of Met fans wanted Peralta. If we signed the PED dudes(Cruz and Peralta), maybe we would have made the playoffs lol.

Murphy
    Wright
    Peralta
    Duda
    Cruz
    Granderson
    d'Arnaud
    Lagares

Oh well, what could have been...

vCash
    I felt the Mets should of signed Peralta, but they were not going to beat what he got.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I felt the Mets should of signed Peralta, but they were not going to beat what he got.
    That's the issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    That's the issue.
    One would have to think that this team would be right around the .500 mark.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    One would have to think that this team would be right around the .500 mark.
    With Peralta and Cruz, we'd be right in that 2nd wild card or even closer to 1st place since we wouldn't have sucked as much against the Nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    With Peralta and Cruz, we'd be right in that 2nd wild card or even closer to 1st place since we wouldn't have sucked as much against the Nationals.
    Cruz woulda kept us afloat in April and May but he's been worse than Chris Young since

I don't know if theres a more obvious case of "hey I spent the off-season on PEDs and had to stop"
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

vCash

Maybe the Mets should have signed this guy for SS...

I would have liked Peralta but not at the price he went for

vCash
    If they want to win in 2015 they have to start getting some of these FA calls right.

Byrd was a win. Young was a loss Granderson is a too early to be fully judged.

They need to get 1 or 2 wins this offseason.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Cruz woulda kept us afloat in April and May but he's been worse than Chris Young since

I don't know if theres a more obvious case of "hey I spent the off-season on PEDs and had to stop"
    We would have been much better than just staying afloat, we would have been in 1st place.

Peralta is the guy who would have helped the most though.

vCash
    1. Trade for Tulo
    If fails 2. Trade for Alexei Ramirez
    If fails and our pick is protected - 3a. Sign J.J. Hardy
    If fails and our pick is unprotected - 3b. Sign Jed Lowrie

That's my offseason battle plan for SS. If Castro requires Syndergaard, I'm out of that one.
    Omar Minaya in 9 Expos/Mets Drafts - 84.6 WAR (Avg 9.4 per class)
    Sandy Alderson in 4 Padres Drafts - 87.1 WAR (Avg 21.8 per class)

-

Terry Collins has destroyed 3 clubhouses on 2 different continents and is now working on #4. Quite possibly the worst manager in Major League History.

Put this idiot into a cannon and fire him into the East River.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    If they want to win in 2015 they have to start getting some of these FA calls right.

Byrd was a win. Young was a loss Granderson is a too early to be fully judged.

They need to get 1 or 2 wins this offseason.

That's almost certain to be a bad move when all is said and done.

With $80M payroll the Mets need to ace the off-season not largely fail it. The only real success has been Colon who they're now trying to move because he's getting paid in 2015.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    1. Trade for Tulo
    If fails 2. Trade for Alexei Ramirez
    If fails and our pick is protected - 3a. Sign J.J. Hardy
    If fails and our pick is unprotected - 3b. Sign Jed Lowrie

That's my offseason battle plan for SS. If Castro requires Syndergaard, I'm out of that one.

I'd say you're out already then. 24 year old proven star quality short stop on 5 year cheapish deal? that's your #1 prospect as a starting point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
    I'd say you're out already then. 24 year old proven star quality short stop on 5 year cheapish deal? that's your #1 prospect as a starting point.
    No thanks. 3 WAR is not "proven star quality". He's a nice regular on a nice deal. Nothing more. I'd rather keep Syndergaard. If I move Syndergaard, it's for somebody with a higher ceiling than Castro.
    Omar Minaya in 9 Expos/Mets Drafts - 84.6 WAR (Avg 9.4 per class)
    Sandy Alderson in 4 Padres Drafts - 87.1 WAR (Avg 21.8 per class)

-

Terry Collins has destroyed 3 clubhouses on 2 different continents and is now working on #4. Quite possibly the worst manager in Major League History.

Put this idiot into a cannon and fire him into the East River.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    No thanks. 3 WAR is not "proven star quality". He's a nice regular on a nice deal. Nothing more. I'd rather keep Syndergaard. If I move Syndergaard, it's for somebody with a higher ceiling than Castro.

It is. 800 hits and 3 ASG's - on merit. Higher celing? sure, one they might never reach or even bust, or maybe not even reach Castro's. Also his celiing is determined yet, he's not in his prime.

Mets need to be careful not to over-value pitching prospects vs hitting prospects at this time, the landscape has changed it's not 2005 any more.

There's also development time to consider, in particular with reference competing in 2015 when 1/3rd of payroll and more is committed to 2 aging and declining players, what will these guys give you in 2016 to 2018?

The Cubs won't part with Russel either so I guess you're talking Baez who has tons of the most desirable commodity in the game right now -power.

Also consider from the Cubs perspective and other teams too the frailty of power pitching not to mention the value of a 150 game player over one who plays 35 at most.

The Mets have excellent young arms but as I have said before they've hit on them just as their relative value around the game has fallen off.

Here's another thing they just let Samardzjia go and added another short stop did they need one? not really, but they're plan seems to be to stockpile top young hitting first and worry about the rotation later - there's also talk the Cubs are more interested in finding spots for these guys on their team than moving them. They're trying Alcantara at center as an example of this.

I assume your dream is Russell or Baez for Syndergaard and only those guys, I seriously doubt the Cubs see it that way. I also don't think the Cubs plan to compete next year, therefore they can develop Baez and Russell and Alcantara while moving Castro if anyone..
    Last edited by Artful Dodger; 08-26-2014 at 10:00 AM.

vCash
    I seriously doubt the Mets want to move Syndergaard.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast