Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Derek Carr running with first-team at practice, Schaub dealing with sore elbow

Rookie Derek Carr was the Raiders' first-team quarterback at Sunday's practice, and will play in Thursday's preseason finale against Seattle.
    Matt Schaub is nursing a "sore elbow," so Carr is running with the ones. Carr has recovered fully from his concussion and rib injury, which were suffered in the Raiders' second preseason game. If Carr plays well against the Seahawks, we would not entirely rule out the possibility he starts Week 1.
    Source: Vic Tafur on Twitter Aug 24 - 10:04 PM

Matt Schaub is now battling a "sore elbow" at Raiders camp.
    An arm injury doesn't explain Schaub's inability to move or make sound decisions, but could be telling in regards to his noticeable shortage of arm strength. Schaub has looked genuinely Matt Flynnian in preseason games. Perhaps the sore elbow will be the excuse Dennis Allen needs to put Schaub out of his misery. He's been outplayed by rookie Derek Carr throughout August.
    Source: Jerry McDonald on Twitter Aug 24 - 8:28 PM
    "Don't worry about the horses being blind.......just load the wagon!"
    ~~John Madden

vCash
    The takeover has begun

vCash
    Arm strength was non-NFL QB, he better be injured - but I have a feeling Carr is our starter. Not sure Schaub is injured - he just has a dead arm. We don't need to see all those pick6's in the silver and black

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    Sore elbow sounds like last year. Except this year we are in better shape MM has some experience and Carr has a ton of talent.

vCash
    Carr is an exciting young player to be sure. Lots and lots of potential. I just hate to see a young QB get thrown to the wolves.

vCash
    I hope he goes out and plays well against the Seahawks to win the job and not look back.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr is an exciting young player to be sure. Lots and lots of potential. I just hate to see a young QB get thrown to the wolves.
    I hate delaying the inevitable, and we drafted Carr in the 2nd for a reason. Some game is gonna be his first, might as well be now

vCash
    I re-watched Carr at Grudens qb camp vid the other day. Kid is well beyond other rookies at this stage as far as reading the game. Talks about sitting on the sideline with David during games when he was 11 years old, breaking down plays and the coverage.

vCash
    I hope he takes the job and runs with it, Schaub is either hurt badly or he's just lost it, either way I prefer to run with Carr and or McGloin at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CKinKC View Post
    I hate delaying the inevitable, and we drafted Carr in the 2nd for a reason. Some game is gonna be his first, might as well be now
    If this team can run the ball like it did 3-4 seasons ago then I really don't care who is taking the snaps. I am excited about Carr but in no way should we count out McGloin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    If this team can run the ball like it did 3-4 seasons ago then I really don't care who is taking the snaps. I am excited about Carr but in no way should we count out McGloin.
    Problem is 3-4 yrs ago we had Hue Jackson (a guy who knows offense) , the coaches we have now (don't)

McGloin would be good too, but we'd still eventually go to Carr at some point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CKinKC View Post
    Problem is 3-4 yrs ago we had Hue Jackson (a guy who knows offense) , the coaches we have now (don't)

McGloin would be good too, but we'd still eventually go to Carr at some point
    Hue simply continued what Tom Cable implemented. Hue is a creative play caller but a terrible game manager. Its one thing to dial up big plays its quite another to coach your team to victories. Knowing Greg Olson's pedigree and the coaches he has learned under, I would put him up against Hue Jackson any day. Just my opinion.

Lets not forget that a big reason why Cable/Jackson had strong offensive teams was Senior Assistant Al Saunders, who is still with the team.

Running the ball effectively opens up a lot of possibilities on offense. The glaring mistake that upset the whole program in my opinion was switching back to a ZBS after two very strong years as a power running team. That was DA's call and it was a mistake.

vCash
    It was exactly a year ago today that Pryor got the nod to start because Flynn had to sit out due to the fact that he had a sore elbow lol.

vCash
    I'd take a long look at McGloin and allow Carr to develop more.

vCash
    I just want the QB playing the best right now to start week 1. I don't care if it's Schaub, McGloin, or Carr I just want the best one playing. I personally think that its either McGloin or Carr. Schaub seems like Flynn 2.0.

Who wants a "Jelly" Sandwich?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast