Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

How Would You Rank These Deals In Recent Years To Acquire Superstars?

Which teams ACQUIRING the superstar gave up the least/most. Won or lost their respective trades? The Love trade got me thinking about this. Factor in that Dwight left LA after one season if you want.

Carmelo Anthony: Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov and a 2014 first-round draft pick

Dwight Howard: Andrew Bynum and a future pick. Not including the 3rd team.

Chris Paul: Chris Kaman, Al Farouq Aminu, Eric Gordon and a draft pick (was pick number 8, Austin Rivers).

Kevin Love: Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett. Not including the 3rd team.

Deron Williams: Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, two first-round draft picks and cash

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 08-24-2014 at 10:29 PM.

vCash
    Looking at it NOW.

Howard was cheapest.
    Paul was second.
    Melo was third.
    Love was the most expensive (pending on how good Wiggins and Bennett become, but.. back to back 1sts is as expensive as it gets)

vCash
    Without the 3rd team we also got a pick then.

Cavs gave up most potential but it kind of depends on if you like Wiggins or not I guess. Back to back firsts with one in a supposedly strong draft is a lot of value. In order from most to least expensive:

Love
    Melo
    Paul
    Dwight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Without the 3rd team we also got a pick then.

Cavs gave up most potential but it kind of depends on if you like Wiggins or not I guess. Back to back firsts with one in a supposedly strong draft is a lot of value. In order from most to least expensive:

Love
    Melo
    Paul
    Dwight
    I agree with this mostly, but also have to factor in that Dwight was a one year rental. So Lakers didn't get much value out of the trade. Also let us remember that at the time of the trade Bynum was the 2nd best C in the game and coming off an 18/11/2 type season. So at that time the trade didn't seem to be too lopsided/favorable.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 08-24-2014 at 08:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    I agree with this mostly, but also have to factor in that Dwight was a one year rental. So Lakers didn't get much value out of the trade. Also let us remember that at the time of the trade Bynum was the 2nd best C in the game and coming off an 18/11/2 type season. So at that time the trade didn't seem to be too lopsided/favorable.
    And Dwight was coming off back surgery.
    Youngest GM in the league.

vCash
    James Harden for Kevin Martin Jeremy Lamb and Steven Adams could arguably be the winner. Out of the ones you mentioned I will go with Dwight or CP3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonfan View Post
    James Harden for Kevin Martin Jeremy Lamb and Steven Adams could arguably be the winner. Out of the ones you mentioned I will go with Dwight or CP3
    I didn't add him because prior to being in Houston he wasn't an established superstar but a 6th man on a contender. So Houston didn't exactly know they were trading for a franchise player.

vCash
    Could add Deron Williams as he was around one at the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Could add Deron Williams as he was around one at the time.
    Will add.

vCash
    Looking at what was given up for those superstars, some of you need to reevaluate how you view "potential." look at how many of those "high potential" players haven't lived up to the hype.

vCash
    Well i think with Orlando you gotta tell the rest of the story. Cause they did the best because Nikola is the best player and out of all those players who had "high potential". (Gallinari, Favors, Gordon, etc)

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    Pau gasol trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Well i think with Orlando you gotta tell the rest of the story. Cause they did the best because Nikola is the best player and out of all those players who had "high potential". (Gallinari, Favors, Gordon, etc)
    I'm taking Gallo before I'd take Vucevic.

vCash
    Don't forget, Al-Farouq Aminu went to New Orleans. He potentially could have mattered at one point.

vCash
    Howard was the cheapest, but he was also the only player in that list that spent only one season with the team that acquired him.

How about the Kevin Garnett to Boston trade? That was a pretty big one.

Garnett was traded to the Boston Celtics in exchange for Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Gerald Green, Theo Ratliff, cash considerations, Boston's 2009 first-round draft pick (top 3 protected), and the 2009 first-round pick which Minnesota had traded to Boston in the Ricky Davis-Wally Szczerbiak trade of 2006.

The 7-for-1 deal constitutes the largest number of players traded for a single player in league history.
    Last edited by Confusious; 08-24-2014 at 10:18 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast