Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which player is in a better situation moving forward?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Wiggins

19 55.88%
  • Jabari Parker

15 44.12%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who's in a better position moving forward: Wiggins vs Parker

With the Wiggins to MIN trade being official, and with the Wiggins vs Parker debate being a popular ticket item dating back to a year ago, I wanted to ask the masses who they thought was in a better position moving forward for the next 7ish years with their respective teams. (Better position for the player mostly, not for their respective teams).

Wiggins is now in Minnesota, he has a few young players next to him that are locked in long-term (Bennett, Lavine, Dieng) along with Rubio who's future is up in the air. Minnesota's in the western conference and has Flip Saunders currently as their coach (correct me if I'm wrong on that).

Parker is in Milwaukee and the weaker eastern conference, he has a few young players himself next to him in Antetokounmpo and Henson. Milwaukee just fired their old HC Drew in order to come to terms with Jason Kidd.

So, who does everyone think is in a better position? Why? Is that a question that really should be split into two parts, better position this upcoming season and then better position 5+ years from now? Is there any other particular variable that hasn't been mentioned yet that tips the scale towards one player or the other?

vCash
    Wiggins has a better opportunity to succeed with a new young roster around him.

Good for Wolves fans.

vCash
    I don't trust either organization so its hard to say.

I am only saying Parker for one reason. Parker is a lot more NBA ready than Wiggins and Wiggins is on a team that doesn't do a good job developing young players.
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    Parker has the better opportunity. Kidd is a good, fresh basketball mind. Parker has some talent around him that was missing an offensive focus last season. Greek Freak and Parker will make a damned good combination for a long time to come.

vCash
    I think Parker has the better shot.
    -Kidd is a young and fresh coach;he managed also to put a decent team to make a small run into the playoffs:1st rookie coach to make that,lost in the 2nd round against the best team in the East,Garnett+Pierce+Williams had the worst season of their career,Lopez was injured,Terry was useless and the team in general was falling off. Ah,I almost forgot,Billy King was the gm he had to work with.
    -Parker is more Nba ready than Wiggins and he showed it.
    -Milwaukee got some good pieces in these years,like Giannis,Henson,Middleton,Knight,Wolters and Sanders(if they can keep him on track). I don't know what they could become,but I have a good feeling about it. I personally dislike Ilyasova,but I think that he could be a role player someday,so I would keep him too for the bench or as piece for a potential trade.
    -Milwaukee is in the weaker conference right now,but not as weak as last year imo.

Knight/Wolters/Marshall
    Mayo/Delfino
    Parker/Giannis(could split their minutes at sf)
    Giannis/Middleton/Ilyasova
    Henson/Sanders/Pachulia

Coach:Kidd.

Not this upcoming season,but next one they could take the 8th seed in the East if they mesh well together and add some more players.

"No tats on the right arm.Strictly for buckets" -Nick Young A.K.A Swaggy-P

vCash
    Parker. Hes going to be the #1 option or at least should be on the Bucks while Wiggins is on a team thats still trying to compete for some reason and will make sure to get guys like Pek and Martin their touches in order to do that.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    Parker is going to be a star. Top 10 player in 3-4 years.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    I haven't seen much from either franchise to suggest that they are going to be knocking the ball out of the park, but that said....

The T-Wolves have two solid bigs in Pek Dieng. They look good. The T-Wolves still have a great shooting guard in Kevin Martin who they can package in a trade for a point guard. They have Bennett, who might be able to play either forward spot, and Wiggins who can play SF or SG. They got pieces to trade with, and two first rounders this year.

PG: ?????
    SG: Martin/LaVine
    SF: Wiggins/Budinger/Bennett
    PF: Young/Bennett
    C: Pek/Dieng

Pek could maybe move to power forward, or Martin could be packed up with Young and shipped out for Power. And Budinger can be packed up with Rubio and shipped out for a point guard. They got tradale assets and a great line-up at SG, SF and C. That is a HUGE start.

I think they have the makings of a great roster is Wigging, LAvine and Bennet can all reach their potential with Pek and Deing.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

vCash
    I'm going to say Wiggins because Parker was a lot worse in SL than people built him up to be. Everyone said he's NBA ready but he was really struggling to get his shot off and defend.

vCash
    of course you think that you are a massive Canadian homer

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    Wiggins is raw too but I think it'll be easier for him since he has Rubio feeding him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    of course you think that you are a massive Canadian homer
    Jabari that you? Why you get so defensive are you related or something.

vCash
    Wiggins.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    At this point I think wiggins is in a better position. Minnesota could be on a winning fast track. They made out really well in this deal. This trade puts a huge chip on the shoulders of wiggins and Bennett. This is when a player is at his most dangerous,when they feel they have everything to prove.

The lost boys

vCash
    I think Wiggins feel like he does have more to prove than Jabari. I'm torn between the two because I think it's a tough question to answer. Wiggins has the higher ceiling, but Parker's more NBA ready. With that said, I think Jabari's in the perfect position for himself: on a team that sorely lacks a perimeter scorer and playmaker. Parker can thrive in that role. On the other hand, I think Wiggins is on a team that won't depend on him scoring 20 points a night to be competitive (thanks to Martin & Pekovic). Wiggins won't have to carry an offense with Rubio hopefully having a bounce back season.

So i can't really say I've decided myself yet. Still debating it

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast