Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should Wes Welker retire?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 64.29%
  • No

5 35.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Should Wes Welker retire?

2 concussions last year, plus this one suffered in the preseason, plus a number of head injuries that he suffered during his time with the Patriots. The man simply can not take the normal hits that come with being a wide receiver anymore. Given what we know about concussions nowadays, do you think he should retire?
    Last edited by xnick5757; 08-24-2014 at 10:05 AM.
    Lester to the Cubs??

vCash
    Give it one more season to try and get the ring that has eluded him throughout his career (I think he's 0-3 in Super Bowl appearances), then retire after the season regardless of whether he gets a ring or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Long Shot View Post
    Give it one more season to try and get the ring that has eluded him throughout his career (I think he's 0-3 in Super Bowl appearances), then retire after the season regardless of whether he gets a ring or not.
    Getting a ring is not worth perminate brain damage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    2 concussions last year, plus this one suffered in the preseason, plus a number of head injuries that he suffered during his time with the Patriots. The man simply can not take the normal hits that come with being a wide receiver anymore. Given what we know about concussions nowadays, do you think he should retire?
    Normal hits? Pretty sure anyone taking the hit he took yesterday gets concussed. I'd call it bad luck more than anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Normal hits? Pretty sure anyone taking the hit he took yesterday gets concussed. I'd call it bad luck more than anything.
    I agree... That dude from the Texans (swearinger? Sp?) is just out to lay the wood on people... all "slot" wr's get a concussion there, Some of the bigger guys might have been able to take the hit but not guys the size of welker..

67 Rec - 1038 Yards -6 TD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    If I'm him, I retire right now without a second thought. But if I have to predict what he's going I do, I think he's going to try for a ring one more time before hanging up his cleats.

vCash
    3 concussions in a one year span should result in an automatic IR for the season from the NFL
    Lester to the Cubs??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Long Shot View Post
    If I'm him, I retire right now without a second thought. But if I have to predict what he's going I do, I think he's going to try for a ring one more time before hanging up his cleats.
    Question: do you think if he retired today, did he do enough to make it onto the Hall Of Fame?

vCash

Should Wes Welker retire?

Question: do you think if he retired today, did he do enough to make it onto the Hall Of Fame?
    Eh, I don't think so. If Tim freaking Brown supposedly didn't deserve enough (which I 100% disagree with), no way should Welker get in. He was never considered an elite receiver in the league; maybe elite in the slot, but never overall.

vCash
    No, he ranks 77th in Rec. yards, 24th in receptions, only 48 TDs and has never even been considered one of the top 5 at his position any year of his career.

vCash
    Depends on what the Doctor says.

vCash
    For some people it is.

It's pretty obvious that the league doesn't really care about the fate of the players after they retire, so I don't blame anyone for wanting to go out with glory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blystr2002 View Post
    No, he ranks 77th in Rec. yards, 24th in receptions, only 48 TDs and has never even been considered one of the top 5 at his position any year of his career.
    But he's 100% on both field goal and extra point attempts. No Hall of Fame placekicker can say that.

vCash
    Same safety who took out Keller smh

vCash
    No he should not and will not retire

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast