Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Rotation

vCash

2015 Rotation

Interesting snippet on RAB about the Yanks employing a 6 man rotation in September and maybe even next year. If you have the arms, I'm a fan. Not the whole year, but the first half.

Pros
    1) depth
    2) you get a look at some younger guys
    3). Keep the vets fresh for the end run and postseason
    4) protect the guys with injury risk or inning limits
    5) if everyone happens to pitch well, you can trade someone at the deadline.

So, what could that look like next year? McCarthy said he'd like to resign. And I expect they get one big arm. So this is my guess/hope.

1) Tanaka
    2) Lester/Scherzer
    3) CC
    4) Pineda
    5) McCarthy
    6) Greene/Phelps

Then you have Nova coming back at some point, and for other depth there is Banuelos, Turley, Whitley.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassù
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Kershaw
    Tanaka
    Sale
    Felix
    Lester

vCash
    ^and boom goes the dynamite!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post
    Interesting snippet on RAB about the Yanks employing a 6 man rotation in September and maybe even next year. If you have the arms, I'm a fan. Not the whole year, but the first half.

Pros
    1) depth
    2) you get a look at some younger guys
    3). Keep the vets fresh for the end run and postseason
    4) protect the guys with injury risk or inning limits
    5) if everyone happens to pitch well, you can trade someone at the deadline.

So, what could that look like next year? McCarthy said he'd like to resign. And I expect they get one big arm. So this is my guess/hope.

1) Tanaka
    2) Lester/Scherzer
    3) CC
    4) Pineda
    5) McCarthy
    6) Greene/PhelpsI
    Then you have Nova coming back at some point, and for other depth there is Banuelos, Turley, Whitley.
    I like the idea of a 6 man rotation at least to begin next yr ever if the primary reason is to keep Tanaka and Pineda healthy for the 2nd half. We'll have to wait and see if CC can ever pitch again with all that damage to his knee like several sources talked about soon after he got hurt i would be shocked if they didn't go out and sign another front of the rotation type starter like a Lester or Scherzer to shore up the rotation. I also like the depth we have in Greene and Phelps with Banuelos possibly being ready at some point next yr. Severino if he keeps pitching as well as he has all yr could definitely put himself into the conversation for a rotation spot at some point next yr and i maybe the last one but i still haven't given up hope on Mitchell either. All i know is they really need to ad another solid front of the rotation stater before next yr and we obviously don't have that option available to us from our farm system

vCash
    The depth is looking nice, hard to believe though lol

vCash
    At this rate, Capuano seems like a decent guy to re-sign

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhlyHighPhilly View Post
    At this rate, Capuano seems like a decent guy to re-sign
    I'm not a fan of that. We need to get younger. McCarthy is a different story.

vCash

2015 Rotation

Tanaka
    Lester
    CC
    McCarthy
    Greene

Pineda & Phelps will be traded for a RF or SS

vCash
    I like McCarthy and Greene in a 6 man rotation, because both can keep the ball down and don't hurt you after you get past the so called aces. Of course this gives you Tanaka, CC, and Pineda more rest. Don't know how it would effect someone like Lester. Phelps would be the first man in. I wonder how easy it would be to occasionally move up a starter, if someone has to miss a turn. Sometimes pitchers in a 5 man rotation are asked to go on 3 days rest in a pinch, so it should be possible for the same thing to happen where pitchers used to 5 days rest could go to 4 days in a pinch. If so, there would be less need for spot starters and the team could handle double headers more easily.

vCash
    Also, if the Yankees were both enough to go with a 6 man rotation, I know which team Darvish might lean towards once he becomes a free agent. Yankee baseball Japanese style pitching, with Latin players in the field from International draft in a few years.

vCash
    I actually really like this idea. I've been thinking about this for a while with how the Japanese leagues do it. I don't know the data on injuries there but if it truly prevents injuries, I think it's a no brainer.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    I've been a fan of the idea for a while. I'm not sure I'd do it all year. Probably scale back mid summer so the rotation gets used to shorter rest for the postseason. Also, if you actually have the depth, you could use one of those pitchers as trade bait during the deadline, then tighten up your rotation.

Of course, we can't always field 5 solid starters, let a lone 6, but it seems like now, we might be able to, including showcasing some of the younger guys so we can see what we have.

vCash
    I really, really hope we can sign Jon Lester. Lefty, proven playoff performer, thrived in a big market before, seems like a good guy, won't cost a pick, pisses off Red Sox fans… what's not to love? Re-signing McCarthy should be a no-brainer too IMO. Hopefully we can keep it down at 3 years, even if it means overpaying salary wise.

Tanaka
    Lester
    McCarthy
    Pineda
    Phelps

That's a very strong 5 man rotation. I'll believe the 6 man rotation stuff when I see it. We'd have Greene as the top option in AAA in case of injury (or the 6th guy in the rotation if we do decide to go that route). Man Ban and Mitchell behind him plus I'm sure we'll sign some low cost vets to add some more depth. CC and Nova returning mid-season from injury too potentially adds some more SP depth.
    Last edited by hugepatsfan; 08-25-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    I actually think Greene may be > Phelps.
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .282 HR: ONE! RBI: 20 SB: 12 AGE: 40

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    I actually think Greene may be > Phelps.
    with one big exception... The Yanks may be out of options on Phelps, but do still have options on Greene... meaning.. Greene can be sent to AAA... Phelps can't... That can be a bigger issue than whose better than who.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast