Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Norm is online now Cardinalzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    vCash

NFL expands practice squad to 10 members PLUS MORE

@AdamSchefter: By next week, NFL is expected to increase size of practice squads to 10 players from 8, per source. So 64 more jobs.
    It used to be anyone with an accrued season was not eligible. This is now TWO years. This is amazing to me. Great idea.

Basically if you're on a roster for 9+ weeks in a season, that's a season. I think 6 games active 46 also is the same. But now you can do that for two years and still go to the PS.

vCash
    Ricky stanzi can be on the ps.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    It used to be anyone with an accrued season was not eligible. This is now TWO years. This is amazing to me. Great idea.

Basically if you're on a roster for 9+ weeks in a season, that's a season. I think 6 games active 46 also is the same. But now you can do that for two years and still go to the PS.
    Great news... I keep hearing about minor league teams starting up every year as feeder teams to the league, but this is what you need. Ability to go out there and practice with NFL talent and NFL coaches. Not some league where you are trying to beat a guy who drives a beer truck the rest of the week.

vCash
    Just for those that don't know....PS is not the minors, players can be signed by other teams off a practice squad and must clear waivers to go on the PS
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash

Yea I seen someone trying to say to put Broyles on the Practice Squad cause he's eligible now lol.. Zero chance he would make it thru waivers lol

57 Rec - 882 Yards -6 TD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Wick925 View Post
    Yea I seen someone trying to say to put Broyles on the Practice Squad cause he's eligible now lol.. Zero chance he would make it thru waivers lol
    Depends if other teams have injured reserve spots they wanna use.

Rimshot

vCash
    Depends if other teams have injured reserve spots they wanna use.

Rimshot
    We'll see, I think he's finally healthy (and is actually playing well)... I think he gets this last year on our roster to prove he's not going to lose a leg before he gets booted

57 Rec - 882 Yards -6 TD

vCash
    How high would you guys be ok with the PS getting? Would anyone complain if they doubled it from 10 to 20?
    Studs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    How high would you guys be ok with the PS getting? Would anyone complain if they doubled it from 10 to 20?
    This is plenty. Increase roster size.

vCash
    Increasing practice squad size to much more than 10 would be impractical if active roster size didn't increase as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Increasing practice squad size to much more than 10 would be impractical if active roster size didn't increase as well.
    It's impractical anyways. Eventually you have too many bodies and two few reps

vCash
    It's impractical anyways. Eventually you have too many bodies and two few reps
    Not if you have a coach who runs practice efficiently.

vCash
    Not if you have a coach who runs practice efficiently.
    Chip is the king of it all. 20 is too many though. Go 60 guys. 10 PS give me 52 actives. You want to do more?

Start the damn d league already

vCash
    I think they should add 2 extra guys to the active roster as well.

So it would be 48 active, 55 total, +10 practice squad.

D league wouldn't be competitive enough I'm afraid; plus it would not be that useful if the players had to change scheme when getting picked up by an NFL team (except those impressing with raw ability).
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 08-25-2014 at 03:09 PM.

vCash
    I think they should add 2 extra guys to the active roster as well.

So it would be 48 active, 55 total, +10 practice squad.

D league wouldn't be competitive enough I'm afraid; plus it would not be that useful if the players had to change scheme when getting picked up by an NFL team (except those impressing with raw ability).
    Competitive in what way?

The 1 on 1 coaching you would get as a practice player and real game time and prep would be superior to a PS IN GENERAL (meaning obviously learning that team's scheme and plays is better but as far as growing as a football player) it would be superior. I'm not even sure that can be argued.

You could get real staff's in there. Hell look at the UFL, they had guys like Glanville, Dennis Green, Jay Gruden, Marty freaking Schottenheimer, Jim Haslett. Jim Fassel.

That doesn't mean they had great staff's under them but it lends me to believe they weren't worthless either.

It's a great idea IMO that everyone is so against and I don't really get it. I think it's the NFL>>>>>>>>>>>> mentality most "NFL" fans have and they just think everything else is so worthless in comparison.

It reminds me of "patriotism."
    Last edited by Norm; 08-25-2014 at 06:30 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast