Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Preseason Week 3: Tennessee Titans @ Atlanta Falcons

Ugly, ugly start to this one. For anybody who said losing Verner wouldn't make a difference, this game is pretty much proving my point. The secondary looks atrocious and I don't remember if it was Wreh-Wilson or Sensabaugh who missed that tackle on Julio Jones, but it was really, really awful.

I think the Titans are going to seriously regret not re-signing Verner. And those corners have yet to prove me wrong.

vCash
    Jesus... Shonn Greene has been horrible in pass protection so far. That's two sacks on Locker in two consecutive possessions that were a direct result of him missing a block on a blitzing player. Just awful. Absolutely nothing is going right for the Titans right now except for all the penalties the refs are calling on Atlanta.

vCash
    Mettenberger has been really impressive as of late, Lockers time may be up soon
    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    Antonio Andrews had a really nice run in the final minute
    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killthesux View Post
    Mettenberger has been really impressive as of late, Lockers time may be up soon
    Mmm... I'll believe it when I see it in the regular season. Granted I only caught a few possessions in the first half, but the drives didn't end because of Locker. They ended because Greene screwed up and blew a blocking assignment which led to sacks and long yardage situations. I actually thought Locker looked pretty sharp from what I saw, and he certainly seems to be developing a nice report with Hunter. I just caught that TD pass to Washington, too, and that was a pretty solid throw in the pocket despite pressure.

vCash
    N/m
    Chicago Cubs: Trade deadline time...yay...
    Tennessee Titans: In Whiz we trust.
    Utah Jazz: Aussie Aussie Aussie, Exum baby! Nice Rodney Hood thievery. Now get Gordo resigned.

vCash
    Some good for Titans. But unfortunately there was more bad and in areas that had been a concern.

- Jake Locker didn't look great at times. He missed some throws and had a couple bad decisions. But for the most part he played solid enough they should have been winning at halftime. Solid enough for a starting quarterback.

- The 1st team running game was pretty disappointing. Why hasn't Sankey been getting reps with the 1st team? Its obvious he is gonna be getting carries during the season so why have him getting 15 carries a game against 3rd stringers.

- The wide receivers look amazing as has been the case all offseason. Most people won't think so but Hunter, Wright and Nate may be one of the best groups 1-3 in the league. Then you throw Delanie Walker in there and these quarterbacks got all kinds of weapons.

- I would be kinda pissed if I were Travis Coons. He has been perfect so far and they send him out there to try a 63-yard field goal. Obviously he missed it falling short on what likely would have been good for anything under 55 yards. A couple weeks back they passed on the chance to kick I believe a 53 or 54-yard field goal when it was Bonani's turn to kick with Whisenhunt saying it wasn't fair to either guy to make them attempt that in a competition.

- Whisenhunt said he was "pissed" about the defense and they can expect to have some hard weeks ahead in practice if they don't see a quick improvement.

- The 1st team defense looked like a pile of garbage. For the 3rd week in a row they allowed the opposing 1st team to walk right down the field and score a touchdown. Matt Ryan shredded them to pieces in the 1st half.

- As mentioned above the Titans are probably gonna feel pretty dumb this season about letting Verner walk when he practically got peanuts on the open market for a young Pro Bowl corner. Especially when the Titans could have signed Verner and still have around $10 million in cap space right now.... Coty Sensabaugh has now been torched the last 2 games. BWW didn't do any better last night. The only other options are Campbell or rookies. Imagine if McCourty gets hurt....

- They are saying that scheme will make a big difference with the pass rush. I hope so. Because they aren't getting any pressure aside from Jurrell Casey. Thats the only plays I see being made are when Casey blows it up and flushes the play to somebody else.

- We got the Chiefs week 1 and they are already without their #1 receiver and starting LT so if our defense gets torched by Alex Smith against them then its gonna be a long season.

vCash
    - I thought Jake Locker looked quite good. He was the absolute least of my worries in a very poor showing.

- Why is Sankey running exclusively with backups? He'll be running vs 1st teamers in 2 weeks, I don't really get the point of keeping him in backup situations every single game so far.

- Love this group of receivers, probably the brightest spot on the team.

- The OL needs to improve pass pro. Got Locker hit BIG a few times.

- This first team defense has been so pathetic, wow. Pre-Season is rarely a sign of things to come, but this has been concerning nonetheless. There has virtually been 0 pass rush, especially from guys like Morgan, Wimbley, Ayers & Phillips who are being relied on to get to the QB. And that lack of pass rush has really exposed our depth at CB. Neither BWW or Sensabaugh have looked like a #2 corner. They've been getting abused.

- On top of the lack of pass rush and coverage, the tackling has been beyond atrocious; perhaps the worst of the 3 phases. Whiffing all game long, arm tackling, etc. It's been disgusting, and hard to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnocOnYoBloc View Post
    - I thought Jake Locker looked quite good. He was the absolute least of my worries in a very poor showing.

- Why is Sankey running exclusively with backups? He'll be running vs 1st teamers in 2 weeks, I don't really get the point of keeping him in backup situations every single game so far.

- Love this group of receivers, probably the brightest spot on the team.

- The OL needs to improve pass pro. Got Locker hit BIG a few times.

- This first team defense has been so pathetic, wow. Pre-Season is rarely a sign of things to come, but this has been concerning nonetheless. There has virtually been 0 pass rush, especially from guys like Morgan, Wimbley, Ayers & Phillips who are being relied on to get to the QB. And that lack of pass rush has really exposed our depth at CB. Neither BWW or Sensabaugh have looked like a #2 corner. They've been getting abused.

- On top of the lack of pass rush and coverage, the tackling has been beyond atrocious; perhaps the worst of the 3 phases. Whiffing all game long, arm tackling, etc. It's been disgusting, and hard to watch.
    Agreed on Sankey. Having him run against #2s and 3s is pointless and stupid IMO but all that is doing is just risking getting him hurt against a level of competition that is pretty much the same as high level college. They had Leon Washington getting snaps with the 1st team come'on....

Yeah the defense is looking like a major concern. You got some people inside the organization saying that well when they gameplan and scheme it will be a huge difference. Scheme shouldn't make a difference in terms of tackling and shedding blocks which are 2 things that nobody has done so far this preseason. Regardless of the scheme guys still gotta make plays.