Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Demar becoming a MAX player?

Was gonna put this on main forum, but I decided to keep it here. 2014 seems like a big year for Demar, making All Star, beasting in the playoffs, and now making USA team. I know its early, but in 2 years his contract will end and he will only get better. Not to mention his work ethic is off the chart. The question is, do you think teams will offer him max and should we match to keep him? Players like Hayward, Parsons, Bledsoe, etc are getting paid. What about demar?? Discuss..

vCash
    He has 3 years left under contract.

Wayy too early to be thinking about this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    He has 3 years left under contract.

Wayy too early to be thinking about this.
    This.

Maybe if he keeps improving, but right now I'm happy to have him at a bargain

vCash
    well ... he made the team
    will be interesting to see how much he plays

vCash
    Nope. Certainly not yet. If he stays the same and some one were to throw foolish dollars at him I'd be disappointed but have to let him walk.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash

Is Demar becoming a MAX player?

Definitely not a max player. A very good player working hard to push his limits.

vCash
    I don't think he's a max player but I'm sure that a lot of teams will overpay and give him the max. Through hard work, he has come a long way in changing other people's perception of him. It wasn't long ago that Rivers vetoed the Bledsoe for Demar trade in favour of Dudley because he didn't think he was good enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by diu9leilomo View Post
    Was gonna put this on main forum, but I decided to keep it here. 2014 seems like a big year for Demar, making All Star, beasting in the playoffs, and now making USA team. I know its early, but in 2 years his contract will end and he will only get better. Not to mention his work ethic is off the chart. The question is, do you think teams will offer him max and should we match to keep him? Players like Hayward, Parsons, Bledsoe, etc are getting paid. What about demar?? Discuss..
    Demar is not a max player, but he might become one due to the scarcity of good SGs in the League. Some people can argue he wasn't even the best player on the team overall last year and that Lowry was.

Bledsoe isn't getting max money or he would have signed somewhere already. Unless of course Philly wants to win 5 more games and sign him.

Max contracts how they currently are given/earned are idiotic to me, as it hurts both the teams and players. They only grow by the more years you play in the league, thus the higher your max will be. Kobe and Amare will be receiving nearly 25 million at the end of their careers, when they should have earned that number 7 years + ago when they were in their primes/rookie contract years and underpaid compared to now. Now they are grossly overpaid and a cap burden to their teams.

vCash
    No chance. He'll be a $19 mil max by the time he is a FA and no one is going to pay him that.

vCash
    It all depends on the situation the team is in when he becomes a free agent. If they are a well rounded team that is contending or has won a title then he would probably take a reasonable deal. If the Raps are a 1st or 2nd round team or borderline playoff team then he will be looking to get payed a max deal and/or going some place he can win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    I don't think he's a max player but I'm sure that a lot of teams will overpay and give him the max. Through hard work, he has come a long way in changing other people's perception of him. It wasn't long ago that Rivers vetoed the Bledsoe for Demar trade in favour of Dudley because he didn't think he was good enough.
    The fact that other teams will give him the max makes him a max player. Whether or not he is worth it or not is a different discussion. I'm sure teams would give him a max today. Just the nature of the NBA. I'm thankful we have him at a bargain cost for a few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    The fact that other teams will give him the max makes him a max player. Whether or not he is worth it or not is a different discussion. I'm sure teams would give him a max today. Just the nature of the NBA. I'm thankful we have him at a bargain cost for a few years.
    It would be a mistake if anyone gave a player like this a max deal. The kind of mistake that seriously screws your salary structure given the return you'd get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    It would be a mistake if anyone gave a player like this a max deal. The kind of mistake that seriously screws your salary structure given the return you'd get.
    Reminds me of the Rashard Lewis max deal with Orlando.

vCash
    It's 3 years away but I think he will be. DeMar has improved in different aspects of his game every single year and he works incredibly hard. I have no hard facts behind this, it's just pure speculation. I think DeMar will be a top 10 player in the league and one of the best SG's in the game before his contract expires. The DeMar haters can laugh all they want. Quote me. Put this in a sig. DeMar will be elite before his current contract expires.

vCash
    Smh.

Good ol sports forums where everybody knows everything and is smarter than everybody.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast