Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

I'm pretty much done with......

the whole Neise and Gee experiment at this point. I know it's great to have a lefty in the rotation but these two slugs have done nothing to fortify themselves this year to keep up with all this young pitching we have produced. It's getting to the point where I don't care to watch their games anymore. They seem to drop the ball every time out now and show no competitive spirit like the likes of de'Grom, Wheeler, Montero, Familia, etc.

At this point in the offseason see what we can get for them and call it a day

vCash
    Experiment?

They have not been the same since their injuries.

Montero has been pretty bad except for a couple of starts. Familia has not started a game so who knows what he would do as a starter. Many people were on Wheeler's case before his run of good starts. DeGrom is basically the only one that has not had any issues at some point this year.

Both Niese and Gee were doing quite well before they got injured.

When pitchers are performing bad they look bad, does not mean they are competitors trying their best. They just are pitching poorly.

vCash
    I wouldn't give up on niese, I think he will have a bounce back year next year, and you want to have a lefty in the rotation.

vCash
    I like Niese because he is a solid mid rotation guy. I think if we are going to compete we need a solid vet like him. I dunno if the kids will all perform great and injuries are always an issue.

If you want to deal Gee, am good with that, for me he was always a back end guy anyways, but a very good one.

In a couple of years when the younger guys are stablished and performing well and the Mets have other guys ready to be called up I would not mind of they move Niese.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Experiment?

They have not been the same since their injuries.

Montero has been pretty bad except for a couple of starts. Familia has not started a game so who knows what he would do as a starter. Many people were on Wheeler's case before his run of good starts. DeGrom is basically the only one that has not had any issues at some point this year.

Both Niese and Gee were doing quite well before they got injured.

When pitchers are performing bad they look bad, does not mean they are competitors trying their best. They just are pitching poorly.
    But see,there in lies the problem, they are always injured. They're never healthy and it's fustrating. And I know the young pitchers get injured also, but it's every year with Neise and Gee.

vCash
    If we had a good team, Niese would be a 12-14 win guy. That's pretty good for a #4 or #5

vCash
    they have played poorly lately after DL stints but their numbers are still good because of what they did earlier in the season

we need both of these guys to finish strong

THEN we can trade them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metfan83 View Post
    I wouldn't give up on niese, I think he will have a bounce back year next year, and you want to have a lefty in the rotation.
    I think Steven Matz will be their lefty around June 2015...If not sooner...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingman View Post
    I think Steven Matz will be their lefty around June 2015...If not sooner...
    Id rather have niese

vCash
    Id rather have niese
    I'd rather have the younger and better talent at a league minimum price(this matters with the Wilpons here).

vCash
    matz is going to be pretty good

vCash
    niese is a solid ML pitcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I'd rather have the younger and better talent at a league minimum price(this matters with the Wilpons here).
    Niese has a Matt Moore contract, one of the most friendly in the league. It gets expensive but they are straight team options.

I would keep Niese because he is a lefty, but to me that only means keeping him over Gee and Colon. I don't keep him over Harvey, Zack, Noah and deGromm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    matz is going to be pretty good
    You don't know that, and Niese is already pretty good.

vCash
    You don't know that, and Niese is already pretty good.
    Niese is a solid backend starter. Nothing more than that.

Matz throws 91-95 with his fastball with a plus change and an improving curve. He's a guy that could be a #2 or #3.

You need to realize that every major leaguer was once a minor leaguer. Harvey, deGrom, and Wheeler have settled in quite nicely wouldn't you say?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast