Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rays @ Jays

vCash

Rays @ Jays

Game threat

vCash
    Lol

vCash
    season over... team is gonna be blown up from Beeston down...

vCash
    This is ugly.

vCash
    I don't even PVR games anymore. Defiantly the tale of two seasons.

vCash
    Drew smyly looking like David price.

vCash
    Could the league have figured out Stroman?

vCash
    haha.. looks like i missed another nail biter

**** this ****

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

9. 08-23-2014, 02:06 AM
    Reason
    Off topic/Personal attacks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    You keep saying that yet you actually never just go "**** it" with the Jays...

You know when people say stuff like that, they actually, you know, stop trying to associate themselves with that thing.
    i think me leaving the house and not even bothering to check the Jays score when it was readily available tell me all i need to know

i would have never done something like that 2 years ago but i'm officially sick and tired of this entire franchise from the players all the way up to our pathetic management

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    I am trying to stay positive, but it is very difficult.

12. 08-23-2014, 03:51 AM
    Reason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I am trying to stay positive, but it is very difficult.
    I feel the same way. I'm not the type to post, rant and rave. But if its cathartic for some posters to express their frustrations on the board then have at it. Que Bomber

But I agree it does get difficult when things spiral out of control. The make up of the team is flawed and it becomes more and more evident later in the year when the games become more meaningful. Pitching and defense wins championships. A good pitcher does more to dictate the outcome of any other single player.
    The Jays team is designed around the long ball. Someone get on base and the 3/4/5 hitters can swing really hard and hopefully someone will be on base. It leads to some sexy stats and a few big wins/ offense ( see May) streaks but it isn't the formula for long term success. Just look at players like Rasmus/Francisco- both are going to have 20 hr and 40 rbi's.

I believe its time to move Bats for some youth and redesign the roster around great pitching and small ball. I would re-sign Melky to a long term deal as high OBP players are less prone to periods of ineffectiveness. Clear out the high contract guys and spend the money on pitching to support the incoming wave of arms. Give the Mariners Bats for a Tajuan Walker or Paxton and a Chris Taylor.

If the board members are old enough to recall the glory days of the Braves in the 90's featuring the Maddux/ Smoltz/ Glavine years I dare you to recall any positional players other than Chipper or Crime Dog. Without looking it up. Yes it was an exceptional SP rotation full of Hall of Famers but the blue print is the same. Good pitching and positional players all stepping up at different times to win games.

I'm not sure if its the AL East or the size of market or high payroll. It seems like Beeston / AA were slowly seduced into the big spending swing for the fences mentality of the rival big dawgs Sox and Yanks. Apparently they should have been emulating the Oriole and Rays. Easy to say now but hopefully management reevaluates the roster and makes some unpopular moves designed around gaining some long term success.

Its been a fun season. Hell- any BB season is a fun season. May was super exciting. We all knew the Jays couldn't keep hitting bombs at that pace and that pitchers were just working their way into mid season form. Its been a pretty big free fall since then but when the Jays offense hits some long balls it can be fun to watch. We are all Jays fans so enjoy the team for the next 5 weeks and it should be a very interesting off season. Now excuse me while I go buy an Oakland A's hat
    Last edited by Nica; 08-23-2014 at 09:28 AM.

vCash
    Yeah they're so flawed, if only they were constructed less like the team running away with the division they'd be set.

15. 08-23-2014, 09:52 AM
    Reason

vCash
    I didn't have internet access for part of last night, so apologies for no game thread. So thanks for that, Halladay.

Very unimpressed with Rasmus, particularly the Kiermaier hit. There was a FG article about how he was an aggressive runner who loves to take the extra base and get "hustle doubles" on hits that would normally be singles. And Rasmus was asleep at the wheel when he hit one up to CF and then Kiermaier gets a double out of it. Makes him look bad, and I feel the Jays scouting staff as well, because someone should have brought up the fact he was known to do that.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    The sad part is the Jays have not one, but two franchise players in Bats and Edwin.

When everyone in the entire universe have been pounding their fists for the Jays to get pitching help and they didn't, it goes to show you that either: Rogers and the Jays don't give a **** about the fans and will do as they like or they are naive to the whole concept of winning.

Overall, I have absolutely nothing against this team re-building... I was on board from the beginning on the re-build. And looking back who could have imagined that Dickey and Johnson would have turned out as bad as their did (Ok I predicted Dickey was gonna suck but I was shocked about JJ)... but the Jays had no real back up plan... a plan B if things blew up. They claimed they spent and that was that -- it was one big move in and nothing to adjust those moves after. It was almost two years ago now those trades... I hate it when people come on here and say "yeah remember when Rogers spent all that money" -- yeah two ****ing years ago -- wtf have they done since to improve this team?? They waited until the last damn minute to get Ervin and the Braves swooped in .. if they had the balls to go after him just a few weeks earlier, they might have gotten him...

It's great Rogers spent all that money once upon a time. but they have done jack **** to improve this team since. I don't necessarily think the Jays needed to spend a ton more, but no creativity from AA to get help from trades and little financial flexibility from Rogers has killed it again.

The Jays just do not know how to build up a proper team -- either with money or prospects... it's amazing how a team with the ownership they have, cannot succeed -- just boggles my mind!!

vCash
    I don't think a full on blow up is necessary. There's a lot of good pitching prospects coming up so if we keep the right players, we could easily be competing for the next few years. Keep Melky, EE and Lawrie around. Maybe Reyes I guess, move Bats for a mega haul because he's getting older and his value is high enough to net a really good return. Of course, if Bats and co all want to stay around, go for it. Let Rasmus, Buehrle, morrow and other dead weight go, and spend the money elsewhere.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast