Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Jordan Clarkson vs Rajon Rondo

The kid is quick, feisty, smartish with the ball, good around the rim, and has great height as a point at 6'4". My question is, with Nash to mentor him on his floor management like he did with Steve Blake and we saw how his game changed, also with a decent point there ahead of him in Lin as healthy competition, and with Byron Scott there to teach defense, can Jordan Clarkson become an better player than Rondo?

Another point I would like to make is that Byron Scott has done an amazing job with point guards. He took JKidd to the finals in back to back years and to the date has taken Chris Paul and the Hornets further than any other coach.

Heres there college stats to get some form of comparison seeing that Jordan hasn't played a game

Jordan Clarkson
    93 G, 15.4 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 2.7 APG

Rajon Rondo
    68 G, 9.6 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 4.2 APG

In my opinion Doc Rivers made Rondo and I feel Byron Scott can do the same with Clarkson. Am I delusional?

Lets discuss.....

vCash
    Delusional...

I do like the kid tho, he might be able to turn into a solid role player but judging him off his college days and his time in preseason is not a good way to judge his full potential.. Maybe after playing good mins for 20 or 30 games in regular season we might have a better idea of his potential.

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Byron Scott had very little to do with Kidd and CP3 being future HOFers...

Clarkson will be lucky to survive 4 years in the NBA... of course with the lack of talent on the Lakers for the foreseeable future he might last a little longer but that wouldn't have anything to do with his skillsets

vCash
    You must be Rocco's dupe

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    You must be Rocco's dupe
    Too good of grammar, use of punctuation without ellipses, it's not Rocco.

vCash

wat
    VIVA CROONER!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mender View Post
    Too good of grammar, use of punctuation without ellipses, it's not Rocco.
    not to mention no crayons

vCash
    How is this even a fair comparison? I can see clarkson vs. George hill. These two have more in common when you look at the road taken to the NBA. Let's see if he will be better than hill. At this point he's not even in the same conversation as rondo.

The lost boys

vCash
    remember DJO? Yeah, me either.

vCash
    Adam Morrison.
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    Nah.

vCash
    Darius Morris comes to mind. Hopefully he's better than him. I like the George hill comp.

One thing he did show was perimeter defense. If he can contribute in that alone he will have a place in the rotation.

vCash

"He took jkidd to the finals..."

*Shakes head* *prints out this page* *uses it as toilet paper*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Delusional...

I do like the kid tho, he might be able to turn into a solid role player but judging him off his college days and his time in preseason is not a good way to judge his full potential.. Maybe after playing good mins for 20 or 30 games in regular season we might have a better idea of his potential.
    Like Russell Westbrook right? Dude wasn't even a starter @ UCLA. Now he is a top 10 player in the league. Thing is you never know. Clarkson has the skills. He just needs to put the work in to wanna be the best. From what I've seen in Summer league, he has that confidence.

vCash
    Who told you Westbrook wasn't a starter? He started at SG in 07-08 for them. Didn't start his freshman year, when Afflalo was still around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast