Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Thread to See How Angels Do on Richards' Scheduled Starting Days

It would be interesting to see how we perform on the days Richards was suppossed to start. We could try to determine if we could have won certain games if Richards had been pitching instead of his replacement, which right now is Wade LeBlanc. LeBlanc's first probable scheduled start is Monday, August 25th. Let's see how many of Richards scheduled starts we win.

vCash
    Richards will be arbitration eligible after next year, no might be the best time to work out an extension with him, with a couple of team options.

Even though they can pay him 500k next year, give him like 2 million so it will look like.

2015: $2m
    2016: $4.5m
    2017: $5m
    2018: $5.5m
    Team options
    2019: $7m w/ 3m buy out
    2020: $10m w/ 1m buy out

This would guarantee him 20 mill over the next four years and allow the angels to buy out his prime on the cheap, with the options it could be worth up to 34 mill to him.
    Last edited by ciaban; 08-25-2014 at 07:41 AM.

vCash
    well see how tonight goes...ill be there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Richards will be arbitration eligible after next year, no might be the best time to work out an extension with him, with a couple of team options.

Even though they can pay him 500k next year, give him like 2 million so it will look like.

2015: $2m
    2016: $4.5m
    2017: $5m
    2018: $5.5m
    Team options
    2019: $7m w/ 3m buy out
    2020: $10m w/ 1m buy out

This would guarantee him 20 mill over the next four years and allow the angels to buy out his prime on the cheap, with the options it could be worth up to 34 mill to him.
    Would you take that deal if you were Richards? For me it would depend on how my knee feels and what the doctors say and history shows happens to recovering players.

Also I guess it depends on what kind of insurance he has and what their terms are.

$34M for six years sounds way too cheap to me. I'd think he was on schedule to get north of $125M?

vCash
    LeBlanc is garbage. Who would have thought?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetRocketAngel View Post
    Would you take that deal if you were Richards? For me it would depend on how my knee feels and what the doctors say and history shows happens to recovering players.

Also I guess it depends on what kind of insurance he has and what their terms are.

$34M for six years sounds way too cheap to me. I'd think he was on schedule to get north of $125M?
    He was quite a ways away from that kind of money, he isn't even arbitration eligible yet.
    I'm suggesting it because teams like the Rays try to strike when a player feels most vulnerable to get a ridiculous deal done, you know really play on the fears of young players that the might never get that pay day. It works really well.

vCash
    It works for the Rays because they are a "small market" team, they have a history of not paying, and they don't get much attention. I'd think that Richards knows that the league is aware of him. I wouldn't take that deal if I were him unless I had options for the last two years. Those would be very valuable years for him.

vCash
    Colon, Feldman, and Cahill talks are heating up more. Heard we really like Cahill and scouted him against Los Doyers tonight. Of course he pitched like Joe Blanton.

vCash
    2-1 on the days Richards would have started. The loss was because LeBlanc is terrible and the two wins were bullpen games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    2-1 on the days Richards would have started. The loss was because LeBlanc is terrible and the two wins were bullpen games.
    I happened to be at the LeBlanc game...of course I get to see that **** show.

vCash
    3-1. This team is ridiculous right now.

vCash
    "if" we lock this up soon, do we rest players or keep the momentum going?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    3-1. This team is ridiculous right now.
    We've scored 7 or more runs in our last 7 games. A run differential of +40 in those 7 games, crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by angelsfan1984 View Post
    "if" we lock this up soon, do we rest players or keep the momentum going?
    We have a 10 game lead, with 16 games left to play. We pretty much have it locked up. I would definitely give the bullpen a little rest. No need for Street/Smith/Jepsen to pitch 3 days in a row. We also need to set up the rotation for the playoffs. Have Roth/LeBlanc start in Richards place when his spot comes up next. Probably give everyone of the position players a day off.
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Give them all days off before the last series against the Rangers. We want them all warmed up and swinging by the time the playoffs rolls around. So, since we have Thursday off next week. I'd like to see them all get a day off this weekend against the Rangers.

On a side note, I'd really like to see the Mariners win the wild card spot. Then they would use Felix to win against the A's (monumental collapse!) and be weakened when they meet us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetRocketAngel View Post
    Give them all days off before the last series against the Rangers. We want them all warmed up and swinging by the time the playoffs rolls around. So, since we have Thursday off next week. I'd like to see them all get a day off this weekend against the Rangers.

On a side note, I'd really like to see the Mariners win the wild card spot. Then they would use Felix to win against the A's (monumental collapse!) and be weakened when they meet us.
    We wouldn't play them if they won the wildcard. I'm almost positive you cannot play someone in your own division round 1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast