Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Gordon

vCash

Josh Gordon

I haven't been able to find much about his suspension appeal, other than apparently it's supposed to be handed down sometime late this week. Does anyone here have inside info?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sjrossman0 View Post
    I haven't been able to find much about his suspension appeal, other than apparently it's supposed to be handed down sometime late this week. Does anyone here have inside info?
    Arbitrator has the verdict it has not been announced I set the over under at six games.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    I'm not a Browns fan but I would like to know because I drafted him in my fantasy league with the last pick and want to know if i got a steal or not
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    1-year...awfully handled by the NFL

2 games for Ray Rice
    0 games for Irsay
    0 games for the Steelers RB's

vCash
    crap i was hoping for a 4 game suspension... Guess time to cut him now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    crap i was hoping for a 4 game suspension... Guess time to cut him now
    Right...so he can play for the Broncos or Patriots next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheRoo View Post
    Right...so he can play for the Broncos or Patriots next season.
    no i mean cut him from my fantasy team... If you guys did cut him I sure would love to pick him up and play next to Dez

vCash
    Ridiculous! The NFL is really messed up. Thanks for waiting for so long to give the suspension. I officially hate the Ravens and Ray Rice.
    I'm still baffled on why they didn't grab a WR in the draft. I'm not impressed with Pettine so far, but it is only pre-season.
    The Browns will not win many games this season. Thank god we have the Cavs.

vCash
    A part of the statement Josh Gordon read reflects a continuing inability to come to the realization that Josh Gordon is responsible for Josh Gordon:

.... I am very disappointed that the NFL and its hearing office didn't exercise better discretion and judgment in my case....
    The discretion and judgment came when he was sitting in a confined area with his pals blazing up...or when he was blazing up. Either way, the consequences are now real.. and expected..

W/R to comments about Robert Irsay, Ray Rice and others...they have nothing to do with the punishment meted out to Josh Gordon..

vCash
    Agreed that Josh is primarily responsible, but #2 is the lab tech who ran the samples in the order they did. Running them in reverse would have been a negative sample.
    I believe in a thing called LOVE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokasaurus View Post
    Agreed that Josh is primarily responsible, but #2 is the lab tech who ran the samples in the order they did. Running them in reverse would have been a negative sample.
    Random protocol was followed. The lab tech had no way of knowing which was the "clean" and which was the "clear".. Both samples had the presence of the substance and could be qualitatively defined as well as quantitatively defined. From a strictly empirical perspective, the second test that qualitatively defines the presence or absence of the substance is a poor use of the equipment's capability. The quantitative methodology should be used to confirm both presence and quantity of the substance in both samples. If the samples are indeed representative, then there should be a confidence or agreement on both. The stakes for a positive or negative test are too high for a quantitative test to be conducted followed by a pass / fail methodology that defines a less than exact measure of the offending substance.

vCash

Josh Gordon

Ultimately there is nobody else to blame but Josh here. He got himself put in stage 3 of the protocol and second hand smoke or not he put himself in the situation (or around others) that caused him to fail. I agree that the NFL drug testing policy and punishments are a joke but each player is held to the same standard. Josh has failed to live up to that standard so now he has to pay the consequences.

With that said the NFL really handled this terribly. It shouldn't have taken this long to confirm the punishment they handed out months ago. They put the Browns at a disadvantage here by taking so long and by not allowing Josh to even be around the facility they put him at a major disadvantage at a time when he needs as much help as he can get.

One thing I will say though is I'll be following the Irsay punishment VERY closely after this.

vCash
    Will be interesting if they claim Irsay is a first time offender
    I believe in a thing called LOVE

vCash
    Appearing on NBC's NFL Kickoff 2014, Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reported Josh Gordon and Wes Welker's suspensions could be reduced or "go away completely" if the NFL and NFLPA agree on a new drug policy.
    According to NFL.com's Albert Breer, Sunday is a "soft deadline" for an agreement. The Washington Post has since confirmed PFT's report. The sides have been trying to hammer out a pact that would allow testing for HGH. As a concession, the league would then raise the threshold for positive marijuana tests, and move amphetamines from the PED policy to substance-abuse policy. First-team substance abuse violations do not mandate a suspension. The situation is still very much up in the air, but it appears Gordon is worth stashing.
    The Washington Post confirms it's "possible" Wes Welker and Josh Gordon could have their suspensions reduced or overturned as part of a new drug-testing agreement.
    Reporter Mark Maske has confirmed Profootballtalk's report. The reduced or vanished penalties would be part of a pact that simultaneously allows HGH testing and raises the threshold for a positive marijuana test. Amphetamines would also be moved from the PED policy to substance-abuse policy. First time substance-abuse violations don't trigger automatic suspensions. NFL.com's Albert Breer has pegged Sunday as a "soft deadline" in the talks, so we could have a resolution shortly.
    Neither would have been suspended under what is currently being suggested as the updated policies. I mean who doesn't go to the Derby and take a little Molly. Seems it helped Wes when he was walking around with straight cash winnings. Jeez Goodell, he must live like the Pope.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Otto beat me to it. I've been hearing this a lot too. If they agree by Sunday, it's possible (even if unlikely) that Gordon could play the whole year. If not, he'll probably only be suspended up until the point where they reach the new agreement, since his test would be negative under the new substance abuse policy.

BELIEVELAND 2014 WE PUSHIN

"George Hill is a better pg/player than Kyrie Irving"

-Spursfan1/WadeKobe/Jamiebcaller

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast