Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

All these years later this video brought a tear to my eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T2l5Emzu-I

How is this guy not a bigger part of the Knicks organization?

By the way I went back and looked at this video because in the NBA forum some people are actually saying that Scottie Pippen was a better player than Patrick Ewing. The disrespect Patrick gets on PSD boggles my mind. I would never tell anyone how to vote but if any of you guys were fans in the 80's and 90's I hope you take a peek at this thread and consider voting.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...All-Time/page3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post

By the way I went back and looked at this video because in the NBA forum some people are actually saying that Scottie Pippen was a better player than Patrick Ewing. The disrespect Patrick gets on PSD boggles my mind. I would never tell anyone how to vote but if any of you guys were fans in the 80's and 90's I hope you take a peek at this thread and consider voting.

No doubt Sly, I still laugh when posters talk about Melo being the same (or higher) level than Ewing. Boggles the mind.

People don't understand, Ewing scored, rebounded and led a great defense for a number of years, always played hard and never mailed it in. Ewing was pretty much Jeter without the luck in the postseason.

Still miss watching him.

vCash

SLYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Yeah, they broke the mold after they made Ewing. Can you imagine what his career would have been like if he had that second superstar beside him? This guy was an absolute warrior for us who never backed down from a challenge #seeyousunday.

The Knicks Organization has never fully appreciated him. One example of this disrespect was signing Andrew Lang to be his backup, the same man who viciously knocked him out of the air and tore up his wrist - Ewing was never the same after that injury.

Such a shame he isn't a bigger part of this organization.

Throwback Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    No doubt Sly, I still laugh when posters talk about Melo being the same (or higher) level than Ewing. Boggles the mind.

People don't understand, Ewing scored, rebounded and led a great defense for a number of years, always played hard and never mailed it in. Ewing was pretty much Jeter without the luck in the postseason.

Still miss watching him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick4Knack View Post
    SLYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Yeah, they broke the mold after they made Ewing. Can you imagine what his career would have been like if he had that second superstar beside him? This guy was an absolute warrior for us who never backed down from a challenge #seeyousunday.

The Knicks Organization has never fully appreciated him. One example of this disrespect was signing Andrew Lang to be his backup, the same man who viciously knocked him out of the air and tore up his wrist - Ewing was never the same after that injury.

Such a shame he isn't a bigger part of this organization.

Sometimes we do not appreciate what we had until it is long gone. He was a warrior for sure.

Patrick never needed a 2nd superstar even. Just give him a real legit perennial all star in his prime. Starks and Oaks were warriors also but not real legit perennial all stars. I think Patrick and the Knicks battled Jordan as well if not better than anyone else.

That Andrew Lang situation was tough to swallow but Patrick being Patrick he forgave Lang. It makes me smile knowing Patrick was a Knick. I will never forget his first 2 NBA points with the rebound slam over Moses Malone. I went nuts!!!

vCash
    Patrick never needed a 2nd superstar even. Just give him a real legit perennial all star in his prime. Starks and Oaks were warriors also but not real legit perennial all stars. I think Patrick and the Knicks battled Jordan as well if not better than anyone else.
    This is very true.

Throwback Sig

vCash
    If Ewing ever had a Scottie Pippen on his team, we would have definitely won a couple of rings. But Ewing didn't. Even still, he was great to watch and great to root for. I still see that travel, finger roll against Indiana that just didn't drop.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure since I read this thread at 11am, I've you tubed any and everything about Ewing till now!!! Thanks Sly lol!!! I'm now watching his jersey being retired at MSG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trini_knickfan View Post
    I'm pretty sure since I read this thread at 11am, I've you tubed any and everything about Ewing till now!!! Thanks Sly lol!!! I'm now watching his jersey being retired at MSG.
    I'm glad you are seeing Patrick. The years have gone by fast. I forgot just how great Patrick was and how cool the Knicks teams from that era were. That was such a great time.

vCash
    That gives me serious chills

Good man, gave his all on the court for us, last of the great knick warriors

vCash
    Ewing still is and will always be my favorite NBA player

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    What's up Sly....you and I have had some interesting debates over the years...most of them I won ....here we go again.

As you can see by my screen name I am a Ewing fan and supporter...he's given Knick fans some great memories...no doubt about that BUT he's come up short when it counted on many of occasions.

Yeah the memories are great and all but where's the championship?.....where's the dedication to the team that drafted you and made you a HOF center?

It was his choice....it's his own stubbornness to except the truth.

He demanded a trade in 2000 when he refused to be Marcus Camby's back up....what's so bad about that? considering he had been in the league 14years.....he should've retired a Knick.

He was upset that the Knicks didn't sign his Dleague caliber son....so we should sign him because of his name I guess?

He was upset because the Knicks didn't offer him a HC position???? Really what has he done to deserve to be the HC of the Knicks?

Finally he refused to coach our Dleague team because he wants to be a HC. I think the Knicks organization has been very loyal and fair to Patrick Ewing over the years and he's been bitter towards us because we haven't kissed his ***.

Great video by the way...thanks for the memories Pat!

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    No Knick will ever wear #33, he is honored at MSG as a player, with that said, he hasn't earned anything as a coach were he appears to be mediocre at best I wouldn't want him on the staff for just the namesake, He would be Herb Williams 2.0, let him get some experience elsewhere, he can be honored as a player and should be involved as such with MSG for lifetime, coaching is another story

vCash
    Ewing was like a god to me growing up. But John Starks was my boy. He's the reason 3 is my favorite number. I'm glad he's still a part of the organization. Love that dude.

vCash
    I miss Patrick Ewing.. dude was a straight warrior.
    People fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer
    Guess its just a theory of man became a monster, atop of the world
    Never fallin', I'm as real as they come from day one, forever ballin'
    C'mon

vCash
    I loved seeing Ewing get in the face of John Starks, when if I remember correctly he head butted the over dramatic Reggie Miller. We need Carmelo to step it up and get in the face of JR Smith (hopefully with new management we see a new dedication to the game from him)

Loved seeing Ewing's matchups against Hakeem, Parrish, McHale and Mourning. I agree with
    KnicksFan4Years "Ewing was pretty much Jeter without the luck in the postseason"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast