Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    74,291
    vCash
    1500

    Colts starting Safety Delano Howell season in doubt

    Colts FS Delano Howell has been battling a neck injury the past two weeks, leaving his status for the season in question.
    Howell spent the final ten games of last season on I.R. with a neck issue. He's visited multiple experts the past two weeks and plans to talk to another specialist this week. GM Ryan Grigson hinted at a heightened level of concern for Howell, saying Howell will talk "with his wife and his agent." As we've seen, the neck is a tricky situation in the NFL. It's hard to gain clearance. If Howell is to miss time, veteran Mike Adams would step in next to LaRon Landry.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7858/delano-howell

    Okay, I've been trying to at least attempt to be positive lately, but I can't defend Ryan Grigson here. His 2 holes that he didn't address was C/S saying Holmes and Howell were ready. Well, ****... both are injured. Great plan, Grigson.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    36,882
    vCash
    1255
    Man safety is a mess


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,674
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7858/delano-howell

    Okay, I've been trying to at least attempt to be positive lately, but I can't defend Ryan Grigson here. His 2 holes that he didn't address was C/S saying Holmes and Howell were ready. Well, ****... both are injured. Great plan, Grigson.
    I understand the Holmes thing...We signed Costa? (forget his name but think thats right) to be the backup...and he retired. By the time that mess was over there was little to pick from, so we went with a promising undrafted rookie to back up Holmes. I'm not a big fan of on year rental centers...because much like with Pep and people not wanting to get rid of him and change the scheme on Luck, I don't like seeing a revolving door snapping the ball. The C/QB duo is something that I think needs time...and giving another year to an aging guy just stunts that. Now I wish Grigson had maybe brought in a veteran guy that could play center or guard when Thomas went down...but I'm not sure they are out there.

    However there were loads of safeties that were extremely cheap. Chris Clemons comes to mind because he was a late sign by Hou and a cheap one at that, and while he isn't a complete safety and great playmaker, his strengths are Landry's weaknesses....Ward went for a pretty decent bargain to Den but still a little than I think we wanted to pay at almost 6 per....however DeCoud went cheap to Carolina, much like Clemons his coverage is what we would have been looking for. There are guys like Huff we could have taken a flyer on along with Leonhard (who went to Cle), Giordiano...or even before he re signed with SD for relatively cheap given Darrell Stuckey a shot at earning a starting spot. I guess at least we went with Mike Adams so Howell isn't the end of the world...I'm just worried about Landry's almost certain missed time or if Adams (who is 33) gets hurt.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 08-22-2014 at 09:11 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    74,291
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    I understand the Holmes thing...We signed Costa? (forget his name but think thats right) to be the backup...and he retired. By the time that mess was over there was little to pick from, so we went with a promising undrafted rookie to back up Holmes. I'm not a big fan of on year rental centers...because much like with Pep and people not wanting to get rid of him and change the scheme on Luck, I don't like seeing a revolving door snapping the ball. The C/QB duo is something that I think needs time...and giving another year to an aging guy just stunts that. Now I wish Grigson had maybe brought in a veteran guy that could play center or guard when Thomas went down...but I'm not sure they are out there.

    However there were loads of safeties that were extremely cheap. Chris Clemons comes to mind because he was a late sign by Hou and a cheap one at that, and while he isn't a complete safety and great playmaker, his strengths are Landry's weaknesses....Ward went for a pretty decent bargain to Den but still a little than I think we wanted to pay at almost 6 per....however DeCoud went cheap to Carolina, much like Clemons his coverage is what we would have been looking for. There are guys like Huff we could have taken a flyer on along with Leonhard (who went to Cle), Giordiano...or even before he re signed with SD for relatively cheap given Darrell Stuckey a shot at earning a starting spot. I guess at least we went with Mike Adams so Howell isn't the end of the world...I'm just worried about Landry's almost certain missed time or if Adams (who is 33) gets hurt.
    Also would have been nice to at least draft a safety.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,035
    vCash
    1500
    Our 2 biggest needs going into the off-season are now worse than when FA started. Jesus.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    74,291
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thaShady View Post
    Our 2 biggest needs going into the off-season are now worse than when FA started. Jesus.
    Bad asset management.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,975
    vCash
    1500
    Actually Centers not in bad shape. Holmes is expected back and I still think Mewhort can plan there if needed. Lets have some optimism.


    Lucks on our side

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    74,291
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Colts2180 View Post
    Actually Centers not in bad shape. Holmes is expected back and I still think Mewhort can plan there if needed. Lets have some optimism.
    Harrison is a better center than Mewhort, plus Mewhort's been hurt all camp.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,975
    vCash
    1500
    Being hurt some doesnt demean his ability to play. Hes played in the preseason games. I think that makes up for alot.


    Lucks on our side

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    74,291
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Colts2180 View Post
    Being hurt some doesnt demean his ability to play. Hes played in the preseason games. I think that makes up for alot.
    He missed a preseason game. Mewhort is good but continuity is important.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,674
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    He missed a preseason game. Mewhort is good but continuity is important.
    Especially on the OL....and I do think missing time in camp hurts a rookie more than most.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,639
    vCash
    1500
    I would like the Colts to look into Jeremy Trueblood. He is from Indianapolis and went to Cathedral. He can play both tackle and guard. He'd add great depth. Levi Brown would be another good option.

    For safety, Quintin Mikell or Kerry Rhodes would be good options to look into.

    I expect that Grigson is waiting to see what the waiver wire brings.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    74,291
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Especially on the OL....and I do think missing time in camp hurts a rookie more than most.
    Yep. It certainly killed Holmes' season last year.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,035
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinals1226 View Post
    I would like the Colts to look into Jeremy Trueblood. He is from Indianapolis and went to Cathedral. He can play both tackle and guard. He'd add great depth. Levi Brown would be another good option.

    For safety, Quintin Mikell or Kerry Rhodes would be good options to look into.

    I expect that Grigson is waiting to see what the waiver wire brings.
    lol you know damn well that Rhodes has been blackballed (probably over and over again ahahaha) from this league.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,639
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thaShady View Post
    lol you know damn well that Rhodes has been blackballed (probably over and over again ahahaha) from this league.
    Why? Because of rumors he's gay? Who cares a ****?
    Last edited by cardinals1226; 08-29-2014 at 07:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •