154 IP, 8-8 3.97 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, 102 KS, 32 BB

SUNDAY AUGUST 24TH 12:05, ON CSN

CHRIS SALE
    136 IP, 10-3, 2.12 ERA, 0.92 WHIP, 158 KS, 26 BB

VS

CHRIS CAPUANO
    62 IP, 1-3, 4.35 ERA, 1.92 WHIP, 61 KS, 22 BB

REMEMBER WHO I WAS?
    Last edited by South Side Sox; 08-21-2014 at 10:21 PM.

vCash
    Sorry for breaking the rules.

Heading to La Grange, WI after work to do some mountain biking in the Kettle Moraine southern section and won't be around to check if a IGT was made with DaSox in NYC.

Go Sox!

vCash
    And #3 in the poll is Sox win 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by South Side Sox View Post
    And #3 in the poll is Sox win 1.
    That's my choice

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash

Chicago White Sox (59-68) @ New York Yankees (64-61) IGT August 22-24 IGT

Abreu bomb 3-0 WS

vCash
    off to a good start....Sanchez with a hit too...

vCash
    Every homer Abreu hits over 30 just blows my mind! Gonna be honest I thought he would do something along the lines of 25 and 75 on the power numbers. He has truly become my favorite Sox player of the last decade.

vCash
    The 9th inning was painful...........happens every damn time.....

vCash
    Just seen the box score and it seems the hitters felt Abreu's HR was enough.

Oh well, and Jay Cutler is going steal money this year with his great leading of the offense in the 1st half in the Seahawks game

Reason why I'm avoiding the Bears board this year as we have Jay Cutler fans there. But IMO, Emery made a mistake giving this clown 17 mil a year.

Go there and check out the sCrUBS clown fans that have him in their Avi.

vCash
    Also, Danks did his job tonight.

vCash
    PS on my Bears comment.

Unlike the punks 20 something on the Bears board I call "The Clique" that ***** about great talk, I witness our 85 Bears team winning it all just like Muttman and know that it is a total team effort that wins it all.

These fools want someone to match up to Aaron Rodgers stat wise, but who gives a rat ***. McMahon did not put up big numbers as we won our own SB.

17 million will be wasted this year on Jay. Prove me wrong Jay and earn that pay check. .

vCash
    PS on my Bears comment.

Unlike the punks 20 something on the Bears board I call "The Clique" that ***** about great talk, I witness our 85 Bears team winning it all just like Muttman and know that it is a total team effort that wins it all.

These fools want someone to match up to Aaron Rodgers stat wise, but who gives a rat ***. McMahon did not put up big numbers as we won our only own SB.

17 million will be wasted this year on Jay. Prove me wrong Jay and earn that pay check. .

vCash
    Stone said in the game, give us a lock down bullpen and were in first place this year. I would agree I don't even watch many games this year because of it. I know wins are a worthless stat for pitchers, but seriously Sale and Q should each have 15 wins this year! Sale with a few more wins and he is right there with Felix for the Cy Young discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    The 9th inning was painful...........happens every damn time.....

vCash
    Hey Sox fans.

Last post on PSD for me. Above post about "THE CLIQUE" Chicago sCrUBS fans is a clue. Not about you guys, all of you are respectful and we can debate topics without resorting to name calling.

Just sick of the internet because it is nothing but a vessel for the majority of people on any type of forum who don't have a life to hind behind their computer and either act like a dick, post racist statements (Not here on any boards), or people that act like they created a forum as a member and you end up with cliques that attack members they don't want like on the Bears board.

Was reading comments on a Yahoo story about the Ferguson case and that is why I'm done reading comments on the internet. I don't comment on those type of sections, but reading it shows how racist people can be.

PSD is not the first sports forum I joined. Was on CBS and others with the same tough guy behind a computer bull **** you get from some members. And don't mention you are African American like myself. That opens the door for people to really let the racist side come out. BUT, PSD is a great place and does a great job not allowing pissing contest get out of hand. Just sick of the internet.

Going pick up my daughter today that I had all summer from her moms place and going take her to Lincoln Park Zoo and start enjoying life without worrying what the next racist *** hat has to say on any type of forum.

Because to be honest, us African Americans are not **** in most people minds unless we are helping their fav sports team win.

Take care great people here and go Sox!
    Last edited by South Side Sox; 08-23-2014 at 11:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CQSox305 View Post
    Stone said..., give us a lock down bullpen and were in first place this year.
    He may be overstating that but I get his point. The first rule in baseball is not "catch the ball" it is pitching and it always will be.
    Trading position players who do not hit over .225 is fine, but there are a few guys around the league who have had rough years. For example, Chris Davis of the O's is hitting .192.

There is an interesting discussion as to why there was already a league wide hitting slump earlier this season in this article:
    http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ml...ensive-shifts/

Advanced scouting coupled with digital processing of players at-bats has given pitchers a real advantage in creating an approach to each batter. Defensive shifts based on data
    have infielders and outfielders positioned in almost unbelievably good spots for each players tendencies. And there are just more dominant starting pitchers who know how to use the data and have excellent swing and miss/ strike-out stuff.

The Sox need pitching and maybe that is all they need. They do not need outfielders and infielders. We have several and while they are not Steve Trout, Steve Trout is not available. Similarly, as much as Flowers frustrates me, there doesn't seem to be any reason to trade him given that we do not have anyone who is much better, if at all and no , Milwaukee is not trading Lucroy.

Perhaps if we lose 2/3 of the remaining games we can get another pretty high Draft pick and bolster the pitching down in the minors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast