Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Wheres the love

vCash

Wheres the love

Can anyone tell me why the O's are not being talked about we are playing some best baseball in the majors starting pitching is starting to click bullpen is one the best in baseball and we have power in our line up but on local and national programs we never talked about

vCash

Wheres the love

Cause you're not the Red Sox or Yankees.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

vCash
    very true, also, if you are referring specifically to this website and forum, all the O's fans are in other places. Go to ESPN, and Camden chat, more talk about the O's there.

vCash
    My personal view- forums are a dying breed. Sites like PSD, Football's Future, Operation Sports, are here to stay. There are some smaller places that can still hang around, but by and large, the forum generation is dying a slow death. The Orioles were not a great team during the forum era, and as such, many of the fans didn't make it to places like this. As someone said here, you have to go to a much larger site like ESPN/CBS in the comments section, or find an Orioles-specific forum.

Also, the Orioles have no race going on right now, the division is mostly sealed and delivered to us. I like coming in the underdog in a sense. However, I would say that a lot of the talking heads have pointed out how the Orioles rotation has drastically improved since the ASB, at least that area has been getting some attention. However, ESPN isn't going to run a story on how Ryan Flaherty's glove is filling in for Manny Machado, especially when some divisions are still tight and it's Jeter's final month.

vCash
    Congrats to the Orioles, great series.
    Baltimore V. Kansas Cuty......who woulda ever thought that?

Love it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    Congrats to the Orioles, great series.
    Baltimore V. Kansas Cuty......who woulda ever thought that?

Love it.
    I didn't even think the Orioles would win the division at the start of the year, much less sweep the ALDS and head into the ALCS with home field advantage. I have tickets to every game, and plan to be there to support my team.

I can't even be mad if the Royals beat us in a sense, because either way you cut it, a team will be representing the American League that hasn't represented them in some time.

The Orioles have the advantage as far as power and overall hitting goes. The Royals on offense definitely hold the advantage as far as speed goes, and will be testing both Hundley and Joseph. Both starting rotations have been red hot, as have the bullpens. Both teams have superior defenses to boot. It's certainly going to be an interesting series, and I'm thinking it's going to at least six, but possibly seven games.