Save Our Season

VS

At The

Probable Pitchers

Locke - Volquez - Worley

Gallardo - Peralta - Fiers

Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    I was planning a special thread for this Brewers series for some time but given the recent stretch I thought I had to bring back a couple classics and see if we can't get the luck turned around.

vCash
    Pimentel is starting his rehab assignment tonight down in AA. He obviously won't be back until September but still its good to see. I know some of you have doubts about him but he has an interesting arm and should make for a decent long reliever next year.

vCash
    I like the thread pictures and concept, hopefully it will bring us the good luck we need

vCash
    If the Pirates have any shot at winning the division I'm thinking they may have to sweep the Brewers here but lets put that idea on the back burner for a minute. Hurdle is going against the standard platoon at 1B today probably due to the fact that n 37 PA Gaby has hit Gallrado fairly well. That is of course probably not a good way to go about doing things but hey maybe it will work out anyway. If the Pirates want to get back into this thing exercising a few demons in their personal House of Horrors is where its going to have to start.

Harrison 5
    Snider 9
    Cutch 8
    Walker 4
    Martin 2
    Sanchez 3
    Marte 7
    Mercer 6
    Locke 1

vCash
    Well this is kind of interesting. Tony Sanchez is playing 1B tonight in AAA. He has never played a defensive position besides catcher in his pro career.

I mean they are obviously trying to get playing time for the recently promoted Diaz as well but I don't understand why you wouldn't just DH one of them. Only thing I can think of is maybe they are considering having Alvarez be the regular 1B next year and ditching the platoon. This would mean they would need a RH back up and Sanchez assuming he is on the team next year which definitely seems plausible will be the one to fill that role.
    Last edited by burgh_fan66; 08-22-2014 at 04:50 PM.

vCash
    Locke gets squeezed on a couple inside calls and now he is unraveling. If the umps don't give him that he can't be effective.

vCash
    Ugly but effective outing from Locke

vCash
    Raise It!!!

vCash
    I think there's a correlation between me watching and the Pirates winning. I've been unable to catch many games lately since the two games at home vs. the Tigers. I watched most of last night's game, and viola! They won again.

I'll be sure to tune in tonight again to further test my theory.

Good win. Was on the verge of freaking out over Locke but he settled down nicely. Harrison continues to be amazing...and that homer from Cutch was great to see. I was getting worried about his true health.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    The 6 walks are still a little worrying but he did limit the damage and put us in position to win.

If Harrison can continue this pace and Cutch can get back to pre-injury levels, we're going to have a very nice top of the order heading down the stretch. Another guy going a but under the radar is Marte. I don't know the exact stats, but it seems that since he has been dropped down in the order and came back from the concussion, he has been on fire

vCash
    The offense is in a good place but the pitching still needs some work. Even though he wasn't the sharpest tonight I'm liking Axford.

vCash
    I wish this Pedro experiment would wait until the offseason but he's back out there.

Harrison 5
    Snider 9
    Cutch 8
    Walker 4
    Martin 2
    Alvarez 3
    Marte 7
    Mercer 6
    Volquez 1

vCash
    With the way Marte has been hitting, I'd like him a little higher in the lineup but maybe that's why he's behind Pedro?

vCash

S.O.S. To The House Of Horrors

Pedro heating up. 2 HR today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast