Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Raiders Worth $970M

Just imagine what a move to Los Angeles (or somewhere) and a new stadium would do for the team's bottom line.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozan...aluable-teams/
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    That is a few hundred mil more than I thought. Projected worth can only help us in getting some help with a new stadium good news.

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Darts View Post
    That is a few hundred mil more than I thought. Projected worth can only help us in getting some help with a new stadium good news.
    They were at like 800M last year. Pretty big jump in value from last year.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    Would be worth a lot more if we had a stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Or if JaMarcus Russell, McFadden and Gallery turned out to be the HOF players we all hoped they might be. I remember the NFL experts claiming Gallery to be a "once in a decade" type player prior to the draft. A few more super bowl rings over the past 12 years would have been nice.
    Just Win Baby

vCash

Raiders Worth $970M

That would be news to me, that the Raiders were valued over 500 mil. ever.

970 mil , that's sounds like propaganda to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    That would be news to me, that the Raiders were valued over 500 mil. ever.

970 mil , that's sounds like propaganda to me.
    Sounds like there are some people that may know things we don't...LA?

vCash
    Wtf? They were barely clearing 800m last year. This doesn't sound right. It's not like we are a good team now..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    yep.
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

vCash
    Who knows - the continued flight of capital towards silicone valley might be giving the Bay Area more valuable television markets, giving the Raiders bigger television fees... or something along those lines?

I don't know how the Raiders could have added $170M in additional value without building a new stadium, adding new investors or negotiating a new local television contract - none of which I've read about / seen.

Maybe the NFL has just added that much revenue into the pot over the past year...?

I even wondered about the salary cap implications - i.e. the lack of paying players that counted against the cap artificially inflated the revenue and thus made the franchise seem more valuable than it did a year ago - but that doesn't make sense, either.

How a franchise managed to tarp off ~10,000 seats, not sell-out games, add no major streams of revenue and have a $170M bump in valuation is beyond me.

vCash
    The jump was $130M wasn't it?

vCash
    From CSN Bay Area:

The Raiders are the 28th most valuable franchise in the NFL, according to Forbes' latest valuations.
    Last year, Mark Davis' team clocked in as the least valuable franchise at an estimated $825 million.
    This year, the club's owner could sell for an estimated $970 million, an increase of $135 million.

I think that the increase is partly due to all teams increasing in value. Their jump from 32nd to 28th is perhaps due to the increased effort Mark has made to get a new stadium/find a new home. Their lease is up at the end of the year so it could just be speculation, moving just about anywhere would increase their value.
    The autumn wind is a Raider

vCash
    maybe cause we have only a 1 year lease in a dump makes our overall net worth more cause we are not tied down to a long term lease. I know when we buy and sell real estate or businesses we take that into consideration, Im sure it applies in this case. Though we were in the same case last year I believe. Maybe just the fact we already had a signed lease extension. Though what could make it worth more is the sale of other teams, as in the clippers and Bills. If you have a group pay more for a franchise then originally assessed, it will drive up the overall worth of product (franchises).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sHellsBells12 View Post
    Or if JaMarcus Russell, McFadden and Gallery turned out to be the HOF players we all hoped they might be. I remember the NFL experts claiming Gallery to be a "once in a decade" type player prior to the draft. A few more super bowl rings over the past 12 years would have been nice.
    It all comes down to coaching and not having continuity Firing coaches after 8-8 years hurt us still don't know what Davis what thinking when he gave Jon Gruden 2 8-8 years without firing him before he got the team good. But coaches that go 4-12 2 years in a row need to be fired.

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.