Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

New Mascot, Sponsorhips Deals Coming This Season

The Sixers’ New Mascot Is Likely Coming This Fall

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/08...this-fall.html

Ridiculously photogenic Ben Davis lookalike Devils and Sixers CEO Scott O’Neil spoke with the Philadelphia Business Journal about the business aspects of running a team that, at the moment, is actively trying to be the worst in professional sports. He didn’t say anything too Earth-shattering, but he did reveal that a new mascot is currently being tested by focus groups of small children:

PBJ: Will the team finally have a new mascot this year?

O’Neil: It looks like we will. That’s in development right now. We have kids coming in as part of focus groups to help with the design and the name. We’re looking at a November or December launch.
    Guessing the market research is almost complete, what with summer vacation drawing to an end and all.

O’Neil also talked about two additional big-time sponsorships the Sixers are working on:

PBJ: And sponsorship deals?

O’Neil: The corporate support is there. We are involved in three of the biggest sponsorship deals in the franchise’s history. [The first of which with PartyPoker.com was activated last season ]. Two haven’t been finalized yet, but they are coming.
    You can’t help but wonder if, like the Party Poker deal, these are hybrid deals involving the Sixers and their sister team, the New Jersey Devils. This sort of thing makes my mouth taste bad, but I’d be lying if I said Harris and his pragmatic approach wasn’t growing on me. I may have been wrong about him.

vCash
    It's been a slow offseason for Sixers news, so figured this was worth sharing haha. Can't wait for the unveiling of a new dumb creepy mascot! (sarcasm)

Remember the mascot vote with Adam Aron? That was a disaster, and left me skeptical of all democratic voting processes henceforth

vCash
    The mascot should be a girl. Bell something play on liberty bell. Thinking making new mascot a girl would be the move.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    i highly doubt they would use a female for a pro mens league. i dont think tehre is one female mascot in all of mens pro sports ever. this isnt the WNBA

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 57 Yards: 921 TD: 9

vCash
    That's why they should do it. Someone will eventually.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    no one will ever do it nor should they.

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    What happened to the rabbit thing we had?......................We should share the philly phanatic

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    i always liked hip hop

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    Lol same here ^