Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What's the best combination for the offensive line?

What do you think the starting offensive line will be in week 1?

I like Ranaan's layout here, but I don't think that will be it. Seems they're really pushing Mosley, likely based on experience, before getting Richburg out there. Mistake IMO.

Giants morning run: What is the best offensive line combination?

By Jordan Raanan | NJ.com
    Follow on Twitter
    on August 20, 2014 at 7:00 AM, updated August 20, 2014 at 8:14 AM

EAST RUTHERFORD -- The Giants were trying a little bit of everything on Tuesday afternoon.

Right tackle Justin Pugh was playing left tackle. Right guard Brandon Mosley was playing right tackle. Weston Richburg was playing every interior spot.

Giants coach Tom Coughlin is mixing and matching right now, getting guys reps at different spots just in case and/or because they need to prepare for everything. At least he has a lot of options, even if they aren't of the highest quality.

Given the choice, my starting five would be Will Beatty at left tackle, Richburg at left guard, J.D. Walton at center, Geoff Schwartz at right guard and Pugh at right tackle. That combination -- one the Giants have yet to try -- makes sense.

It puts the two best run blockers (Pugh and Schwartz) on the same side. It puts Schwartz in the position he's most comfortable in after having played on the right side in Kansas City. It puts the two fleetest-of-foot linemen (Beatty and Richburg) on the left side. That should work well for screens, an integral part of coordinator Ben McAdoo's new offense.

It also leaves Brandon Mosley as the odd-man out. Mosley has been average, at best, so far in the preseason. At this point, might as well go with the rookie second-round pick (Richburg) over an average player.

Sound like a solid plan? What do you think? What would be your choice for a starting Giants offensive line in Week 1?
    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...mbination.html

vCash
    I admit I did not watch any preseason game yet so I base this solely on what I've seen in camp and match highlights...

I think it is time Mosley is replaced. I'd like to see the Giants try a line like this:
    Beatty - Richburg - Walton - Schwartz - Pugh

vCash
    ^That's how I'd do it.

That or Beatty, Pugh, Richburg, Schwartz, Brewer. And also realize I've been the biggest proponent of keeping Pugh at tackle, but our interior line play blows and Brewer's been real good.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    I mention that in the other thread

Beatty - Pugh - Richberg - Schwartz - Brewer

Or even

Beatty - Pugh - Walton - Richberg - Schwartz

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Yeah I think
    Beatty-Pugh-Walton-Richburg-Schwartz gives us our most complete if not our most athletic lineup.

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    I admit I did not watch any preseason game yet so I base this solely on what I've seen in camp and match highlights...

I think it is time Mosley is replaced. I'd like to see the Giants try a line like this:
    Beatty - Richburg - Walton - Schwartz - Pugh
    ^ That's the line mentioned in the article. Agreed. Think this will be the way to go. Hope they try it tomorrow night.

vCash
    I like the idea of
    Pugh-richburg-Walton-schawartz-Beatty tbh or the one giants #1 fan mentioned the 2nd lineup.
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    ^ That's the line mentioned in the article. Agreed. Think this will be the way to go. Hope they try it tomorrow night.
    Oh yeah, didn't read it thoroughly enough so it seems. But anyways, that's how I'd like to see it. Where did Jerry play in Miami? LG?? Cause if he can make his way back to his form of last season he might grab the LG spot as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Oh yeah, didn't read it thoroughly enough so it seems. But anyways, that's how I'd like to see it. Where did Jerry play in Miami? LG?? Cause if he can make his way back to his form of last season he might grab the LG spot as well
    Think he played RG. He's still fighting back from injury and all that. So far he's not in the mix with the starters and not even taking over Mosley, so not looking good so far. He'll likely be on the roster, but it'll be a little while until he contributes in a meaningful way.

vCash
    Schwartz signing was big for us, but he's a RG, we're playing him at LG and he looks lost. After he was injured tonight on a play which he was ran through (he's 6'6'', 340 lbs mind you) not over, the OL had its best run of pass blocking this whole preseason. It was during the 2 minute drill but it was great. When/if he returns he either goes to RG or nothing. If JJ can't get back and take someone's spot, the starting personnel in no particular order is Richburg, Beatty, Walton, Schwartz and Pught. They can get it done, but any twist/stunt in front of them or outside blitzer coming at them and someone gets an untouched run at Eli. Zone-block people, coaching has to fix that. Pugh has to stop giving up the inside move to, it happens too often.

I don't do many endorsements. I'd rather get doused by Gatorade than bust my butt selling it.
    -Bill Parcells

vCash
    I just re-watched the game via my DVR, rewinding every snap to watch every individual D and O-lineman at work. I'm high on Richburg and feel that he is going to be really good for us. It's too bad that Schwartz is going to miss some time, but Richburg starting anywhere on that OL will be good for us. I watched him making his initial block and then sliding to the next level to pick up another one....it was fun to watch. He wasn't perfect, but better than the others.

Pugh is improving but he occasionally gets beat inside and that can't happen.

Where's .Sean. to talk about O-lineman??

vCash
    So in light of the Schwartz injury, and after watching last game, here's what I want: Pugh-Richburg-Walton-Boone-Beatty

Here's what makes more sense: Beatty(WAKE THE **** UP)-Richburg-Walton-Brewer-Pugh

Here's what it'll be: Beatty-Richburg-Walton-Mosley-Pugh

Eli is ****ed.

vCash
    yup
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    So in light of the Schwartz injury, and after watching last game, here's what I want: Pugh-Richburg-Walton-Boone-Beatty

Here's what makes more sense: Beatty(WAKE THE **** UP)-Richburg-Walton-Brewer-Pugh

Here's what it'll be: Beatty-Richburg-Walton-Mosley-Pugh

Eli is ****ed.
    So is the season if they don't get it together

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash

What's the best combination for the offensive line?

Jerry getting reps with the 1s is promising.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast