Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who is Your Week 1 QB?

we might change our minds after Friday, but I cannot resist a good debate...

Who will be the Raiders week 1 starter at QB?

Set...

GO!

vCash
    If all are healthy, status quo:

1. Schaub
    2. Carr
    3. Red Rifle

If Carr isn't healthy:

1. Schaub
    2. Red Rifle
    3. Trent Edwards

If neither Schaub nor Carr are healthy:

1. Red Rifle
    2. Trent Edwards
    3. Pray. Just pray.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash

Who is Your Week 1 QB?

McGloin...hands down.

-Stork

vCash
    McGloin is the man. No doubt.

vCash
    I really like all our QBs and I think Schaub will be just fine. That said its a toss up between Carr and McGloin...Illl give McGloin the nod only cause I like the idea of Carr sitting and learning for a year or a good half season.

Soooo....Drummm rollllll......... Matt McGloin

vCash
    McGloin only because Carr needs to sit and learn, Schaub looks awful

vCash
    MM looks better than Carr, although Carr looks as if he may have a nice NFL career.

vCash
    ... Matt Schaub?

Why is this a question, especially when we know the answer; Schaub will start and McGloin will back him up until Carr is healthy.

vCash
    Allen will probably start Schaub because he has no idea what he's doing.

vCash
    McGloin looks great against the 3rd string. Carr needs a half a season with a clip board on the sideline. Schaub's arm may not have the zip of McGloin or Carr, but his experience will outweigh that.

If the receivers can just hold on to the ball.
    The autumn wind is a Raider

vCash
    Mcgloin is the man.

vCash
    Derek Carr needs to be the starter. It's not even close. BUT at this point, our pass protection looks shaky and needs time to gel. We can't afford to get Carr seriously hurt. When the pass protection gets to its peak, Carr should start. Reason being:

The way defenses are playing Matt Schaub right now is perfect. Schaub is immobile and can't throw outside of the numbers without any trouble. Defenses have learned to keep the secondary close and BLITZ the crap out of Schaub and wait for the intermediate pass. There will rarely be any deep throws involved when Schaub is in the game.

Schaub doesn't scare defenses. Derek Carr can. Carr has the arm and legs to keep a defense honest. Blitz him? He scrambles and burns you with either his feet or his pass on the run whether intermediate or deep. You have to play very careful when you're playing Carr, you can afford to gamble when Schaub is on the field and that's what defenses will do.

Carr's feet can also open up the run game and therefore play action. Carr is better built for this offense whereas Matt Schaub is not. Matt Schaub needs A LOT of protection to have great games. Carr can mask the offensive line's woes with his feet and or quick deliveries.

With that being said, Schaub starts now until Week 4 when the line has mostly gelled. It's all Derek Carr after that. I hope Schaub doesn't suck so we can at least win 2 games in that span. I have little confidence in him in this offense behind this questionable line with questionable receivers.

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash
    Schaub should start the season. Unless he bombs I don't want our young QBs out there. I'd hate to see either of them get beat up if the OL is shakey or lose confidence after the 1000th drop by our WRs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevj77 View Post
    Schaub should start the season. Unless he bombs I don't want our young QBs out there. I'd hate to see either of them get beat up if the OL is shakey or lose confidence after the 1000th drop by our WRs.
    Maybe something, maybe nothing...I did notice that Schaub gets easily frustrated with the receivers. In a bad way. As where McGloin might try to use it as a training opportunity or a chance to get on the same page, Schaub just internalizes and scowls at the sidelines. You can see it in his eyes. I hope that's not exemplary of his leadership skills. At least take a page out of Gannon's book and rip them a new one when they drop the ball.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    I just don't understand why MM isn't even spoken about in some of the posts.

You can obviously tell that Carr is a rookie and he needs to sit. I just really can't believe that politics play this big of a role in QB competition.

We should ALL question RM and DA if MM has another solid outing and isn't named week 1 starter.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast