Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

NY Islanders have been sold

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/20/sp...nces-sale.html

The Islanders’ owner, Charles B. Wang, announced Tuesday that he would sell the team to Jonathan Ledecky, a former owner of a minority stake in the Washington Capitals, and Scott Malkin, a London-based investor.

Wang said in a statement that he would initially sell the group led by Ledecky and Malkin a “substantial minority interest,” pending N.H.L. approval, and that Ledecky and Malkin would become majority owners of the Islanders in two years.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Good riddance. Wang was an absolute cancer to that team. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Snow, Capuano, etc.

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    Why two years though??? Wouldn't be surprised one bit if this fell apart within the next two years, poor Isles have no luck

vCash
    Would they be staying put?
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    Move them to Seattle
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    As a Ranger fan I would hate to see the Isles move out of NY state. The Rangers/Isles rivalry in the late 70's and early 80's was very special.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MJL80 View Post
    Why two years though??? Wouldn't be surprised one bit if this fell apart within the next two years, poor Isles have no luck
    My thoughts exactly. Wang is such a POS. 2 years can't come soon enough...

vCash
    My question exactly. Two more years of Wang ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawker562 View Post
    Would they be staying put?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawker562 View Post
    Move them to Seattle
    They're moving to Brooklyn next season

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    Assuming it will take that long for the new buyers to work up enough cash.

Or there is some tax reason Wang doesn't want to sell the team all at once.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Wang was a solid owner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Wang was a solid owner.
    How? We've been a cap floor team for 7 years because of his unwillingness to spend. He wasn't supplying his young core players with good veterans.

vCash
    Don't buy anything about the guys not having the money. I think it has to do with Wang having a definite emotional attachment to the Isles, something many owners don't, him wanting to recoup some of his losses (little reason,) and lastly because he deserves to own the team the final season in Nassau and the first in Brooklyn.

I am as happy as anyone this is happening, ecstatic actually.

But no New York Islanders fan can rightfully **** on Charles Wang. He did absolutely everything he could to keep the Isles where they belonged on Long Island. You can say all you want about him refusing to spend. I don't buy it. Isles signed big contracts, offered some insane ones that were rejected. Push comes to shove it is the players who didn't want to come here. Not entirely Wang's fault the Islanders have not been a successful team since he has been the owner. After he swung and mixed on the Lighthiuse project to to scumbag LI politicians he could have moved to KC, Seattle, Quebec, ANYWHERE. Most owners would have done it. but he fought and fought and made every effort to keep them here. And although it won't be the coliseum, they'll still be the NY Islanders playing in a beautiful arena in one of the most population and culture dense areas of the world. Brooklyn. He deserves to own this team when the doors to Nassau Coliseum are shut, and when the new era in Brooklyn begins. This era of NY Islanders hockey is coming to an end, let him finish it out. I see nothing wrong with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    Don't buy anything about the guys not having the money. I think it has to do with Wang having a definite emotional attachment to the Isles, something many owners don't, him wanting to recoup some of his losses (little reason,) and lastly because he deserves to own the team the final season in Nassau and the first in Brooklyn.

I am as happy as anyone this is happening, ecstatic actually.

But no New York Islanders fan can rightfully **** on Charles Wang. He did absolutely everything he could to keep the Isles where they belonged on Long Island. You can say all you want about him refusing to spend. I don't buy it. Isles signed big contracts, offered some insane ones that were rejected. Push comes to shove it is the players who didn't want to come here. Not entirely Wang's fault the Islanders have not been a successful team since he has been the owner. After he swung and mixed on the Lighthiuse project to to scumbag LI politicians he could have moved to KC, Seattle, Quebec, ANYWHERE. Most owners would have done it. but he fought and fought and made every effort to keep them here. And although it won't be the coliseum, they'll still be the NY Islanders playing in a beautiful arena in one of the most population and culture dense areas of the world. Brooklyn. He deserves to own this team when the doors to Nassau Coliseum are shut, and when the new era in Brooklyn begins. This era of NY Islanders hockey is coming to an end, let him finish it out. I see nothing wrong with it.
    This is where you and I clash I am afraid.

Wang has tarnished the Islander name the last 7 years, has ruined relationship with Islanders alumni, and most importantly has run the team as a dictatorship.

Yes kmo, he did keep us in New York, but look at all the agonizing years that has followed. But don't fail to remember this - He has never spent above the minimum since 2007 until this year... Before the new CBA, he purposely used those cap cumulative tactics to run the team to make a pure profit, and he cries that he loses money, etc. The new CBA was designed to stop this to stop teams from using rookies to hit the cap floor, etc.

And most importantly, we've only been to the playoffs 3 times in 14 yrs under Wang's tenure. He made the franchise a further laughing stalk across the league. The way he handled Neil Smith, Patty Lafontaine. The guy is a nutter. He was and is a cancer to the sport.

God I am filled with so much hate typing about Wang... For every good thing he has done for us he has done something 10x bad like not giving JT proper talent, frggin Brian Rolston Mike Mottau, Doug Weight Bill Guerin, Jay God damn Pandolfo, Steve Staios, Marty Reasoner all a bunch of washed up has been that he signed just to friggen make it to the floor. The friggen Tim Thomas trade 2 years ago. Signs Rick DP to a mega deal signs Yashin to a mega deal. The only good thing he has done with us is make sure we have a place in NY to call home for the next 25 yrs. The friggen waiver wire trash, the inability to resign fan favs such as Parenteau then signs cheap has been like Brad Boyes to a 1 yr 1M doesn't like opening pockets to resign players

He just disgusts me, the only owner worse / similar would have to be Melnyk.

Can't wait until Wang GTFO's in 2 years. How the freak do you have a generational player like Tavares a franchise player and surround him with garbage god Wang pisses me off
    Last edited by KingsnQueens7; 08-26-2014 at 02:26 PM.