Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Brian Hoyer named the Starter, is this the right move?

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Yes its the right move. Hoyer was playing good last year before he went down. He deserves to start out the year. Manziel needs time. But by week 10 I see Manziel starting.
    A famous quote on PSD, from the one, the only;

CCRider

I hate to break it to ya like this amigo but nobody here is really too concerned with what you want like or need....ok? If a thread isn't for you do like everyone else, walk on by...ok?

vCash
    Neither has looked good. Wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland did this bc of Johny Cleveland's shenanigans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL:28947927
    Neither has looked good. Wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland did this bc of Johny Cleveland's shenanigans.
    I also think this played a part in it. Especially the flipping the bird.
    A famous quote on PSD, from the one, the only;

CCRider

I hate to break it to ya like this amigo but nobody here is really too concerned with what you want like or need....ok? If a thread isn't for you do like everyone else, walk on by...ok?

vCash
    YES. As a Browns fan this is all you can ask for after Monday's game. Hoyer is the most ready and the good thing for the Brownies is that they have a Bye early in the season (Week 4) but 3 tough games (Pitt, NO and Balt) before that so if Hoyer can't take the reigns in the first three games then you let JFF learn on sideline and get more comfortable with the Playbook then allow him all reps with 1st team during Bye leading into Tennessee game.

This now gives Brian the full 1st team reps for rest of camp and Pre-season games which he needs and the rest of the Offense needs to become cohesive and all on the same page.

And allows Shanny to put a game plan in place for Pittsburgh with knowing Hoyer's strengths and weaknesses instead of two game plans for him and JFF.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    Yeah, johnny looked lost at times even as bad as hoyer played the second game.

It should really worry Browns fans and this is what stood out to me the most. When Manziel would try to run out the pocket players were catching up to him. Not just any players, back ups and players who will not be on the team in a few weeks were catching him. He just didn't look that fast which is supposedly one of his best traits. Also who the hell lets players get under their skin in a ****ing pre-season game

People hate 40 times but look at these:

RGIII- 4.41
    VICK- 4.3
    CAM- 4.58
    LUCK- 4.67
    WILSON - 4.55

Manziel - 4.68

Sorry, I feel the browns got tebowed. Great Jersey sales but will turn out to be more of a side show. Hell Manziel IMO was the 4th best qb in the class

Bortles
    Carr
    Bridgewater
    Manziel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    It's because he clearly isn't ready and going up against Pitt, NO and Balt the first three weeks would have been awful on his development. If you watched the Gruden special Sunday night JFF barely could get a playcall out since Shanahan's system is very complicated. I don't doubt his shenanigans didn't hurt him but this was more a football decision and his readiness IMO knowing the full situation and especially if you know Pettine.

He has progressed a lot since the start of camp but he still does not have a full grasp on the playbook. Better to go with the veteran that understands the game and speed as well as system better. They should have signed Grossman a while ago to have a voice in the QB meetings with Loggains & Shanahan but for some reason they gave Thigpen a chance.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    def the right move. what is the rush to thorw Manziel or any toher rookie QB out there when you know they arent ready. the only way guys like Manziel, Bortles, Bridgewater should be playing this year is in the final 4 weeks when their team are eliminated if at all.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post

It should really worry Browns fans and this is what stood out to me the most. When Manziel would try to run out the pocket players were catching up to him. Not just any players, back ups and players who will not be on the team in a few weeks were catching him. He just didn't look that fast which is supposedly one of his best traits. Also who the hell lets players get under their skin in a ****ing pre-season game

RGIII- 4.41
    VICK- 4.3
    CAM- 4.58
    LUCK- 4.67
    WILSON - 4.55

Manziel - 4.68

Sorry, I feel the browns got tebowed. Great Jersey sales but will turn out to be more of a side show. Hell Manziel IMO was the 4th best qb in the class

Bortles
    Carr
    Bridgewater
    Manziel
    The thing with Johnny though is that he has never had great straight line speed but instead is an improviser that works better with sideline to sideline moves.

Let's use the most popular comparison for Manziel.

Which one is Johnny and which one is Russell Wilson?
    Player A

40: 4.55
    Vert: 34.0
    Broad: 9-10
    3-cone 6.97
    Shuttle: 4.09

Player B

40: 4.68
    Vert: 31.5
    Broad: 9-5
    3-cone: 6.75
    Shuttle: 4.03

Player B is Johnny.

It's easy to see he doesn't generate nearly the same type of power or explosion in his lower body as Wilson, but he has better lateral quickness.

Personally, I'm not sure why the Browns are running the zone-read with Johnny. He's not really fast enough to get the edge in the NFL, and he's having trouble making the read anyhow.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    The thing with Johnny though is that he has never had great straight line speed but instead is an improviser that works better with sideline to sideline moves.

Let's use the most popular comparison for Manziel.

Which one is Johnny and which one is Russell Wilson?
    Player A

40: 4.55
    Vert: 34.0
    Broad: 9-10
    3-cone 6.97
    Shuttle: 4.09

Player B

40: 4.68
    Vert: 31.5
    Broad: 9-5
    3-cone: 6.75
    Shuttle: 4.03

Player B is Johnny.

It's easy to see he doesn't generate nearly the same type of power or explosion in his lower body as Wilson, but he has better lateral quickness.

Personally, I'm not sure why the Browns are running the zone-read with Johnny. He's not really fast enough to get the edge in the NFL, and he's having trouble making the read anyhow.
    Yeah
    Kyle shanahan is on his way to making a bad name for himself, when it comes to young QB's

vCash
    Yup that veteran who had an 82 qb rating in his 3 games against buffalo Minnesota and Cincy. Look hoyer is a really cool story and a good dude but lets not act like he's anything special.

vCash
    Yeah
    Kyle shanahan is on his way to making a bad name for himself, when it comes to young QB's
    I will say that Johnny at least compared to RG3 has shown the willingness and ability already in 2 Pre-season games to get down or out of bounds more than RG3 still is showing in his 3rd year. I was really curious why he was taking some of the shots he was Monday against the Brownies.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    That's Johnny Finger.. not Johnny Cleveland...

vCash

RGIII- 4.41
    VICK- 4.3
    CAM- 4.58
    LUCK- 4.67
    WILSON - 4.55

Manziel - 4.68

Bortles
    Carr
    Bridgewater
    Manziel
    McCarron, Murray and Garroppolo will also be on that list ahead of Johnny Clipboard...

vCash
    He gives them the best chance to win right now. This might change after a few games and Johnny learns and gets a little more comfortable with the offense/NFL as a whole. My guess is he'll get a chance to start at some point this season, it's not like Hoyer is good QB.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast